Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1624

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I can't help but wonder if he never plays another down in the NFL how long will it take for him to enter the HOF? I won't argue that he wasn't a great player on the field but I also can't believe the he and Bell were not much for being "Team" players.
    I remember of an article when Polamalu was elected for HOF that in his last season in 2014 he did not like the atmosphere in this locker room.

Read this,this is a great article!

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...etirement-fdl/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I can't help but wonder if he never plays another down in the NFL how long will it take for him to enter the HOF? I won't argue that he wasn't a great player on the field but I also can't believe the he and Bell were not much for being "Team" players.
    I say he won’t make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    AB to the Ravens???
    It will not happen

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I remember of an article when Polamalu was elected for HOF that in his last season in 2014 he did not like the atmosphere in this locker room.

Read this,this is a great article!

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...etirement-fdl/
    Excellent article thanks for posting and sure does explain a lot about when Troy retired.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

WOW! That’s actually a little surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I'd take Bell back in a heartbeat. He just tried to beat the system and failed. This lying sack of shit......no way.
    Brown tried to beat the system with the Raiders and it was much worse.

He wanted the Raiders to release him to just try to win a free super bowl with the Pats and after having a much bigger contract on the open market in 2020 but luckily it didn't work and he lost at least 30 million ... If it would have worked, it would have been bad for the NFL, since a awful behavior does not deserve to be rewarded!

For Bell, it was just that he was not smart enough and he thought he would have a much bigger contract on the open market, but in the case of Brown, it was embarrassing.

Brown has a new agent…

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Could only hope he goes there and infects them with his attitude...

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Could only hope he goes there and infects them with his attitude...
    OMFG please NO!!!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm sure Lamar and Harbaugh would get sick of his attitude when he starts bitching about Lamar not being able to get him the ball and complains about the Ravens running too much

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    OMFG please NO!!!!

I think AB needs to go there, and Lamar needs to average around 60 pass attempts per game!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    OMFG please NO!!!!
    LOL. I completely understand!

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I think AB should PAY a team $5M to play, and if he’s not an a-hole, does what he’s told and produces, he gets that deposit back plus $5M more. If not, he loses his coin.

It’ll never happen. But it should.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Some Ravens fans on Twitter are saying “All that AB needs is structure” and “the Steelers simply couldn’t handle him.” I’m not going to debate AB’s time with the Steelers, but... uh... Belichick defined structure. AB last one game there.

Honestly, the biggest barrier will be Goodell. I expect AB to be suspended for a long, long stretch (before he’s allowed to play). This COVID thing might have made people forget about AB’s craziness, but the law did not.

If Brown signs with the Ravens, it's either going to be amazing or the ravens are going to be imploded if it's not going well because the ravens don't live up the hype that the ravens would have if they sign AB ..... And I don't know if AB would be happy if he had a lot less than 10 targets per game because the ravens are at their best when they run the ball very well….Maybe he will be fine if the Ravens win almost every game but if the ravens don't live up to expectations, John Harbaugh will have his biggest challenge in his life in the NFL.

The Ravens will probably not win 14 games again with or without AB ... Great team and a true super bowl contender but 14 wins in back to back year is unlikely ..... The pats in 2003 and 2004 are the only ones to have has been doing this since 1991.

BTW, it was obvious that his behavior with the raiders was intentional.He wanted to go to the team that he wanted for the 2019 season, have big stats and win a super bowl and be on the open market in 2020 to have a bigger contract than Julio Jones and Michael Thomas .... He wanted to break the system but it didn't work and it will be hard for him to recover the money he lost with the raiders.

He needs to find a job right now...He wanted to play with Tom Brady, Bruce Arians said no, now he wants to play with the Ravens.

I believe Brown is the best WR in steelers history and one of the best in NFL history, but right now his legacy is not going to be that.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Interesting read!

For his last 3 seasons with us (2016 to 2018), I believe in 2016 that the fact that the steelers had no other good WR or TE in the team explains why his production was lower, but it was still a very good season ... 2017, outside his incident in Baltimore with the gatorade, he had an amazing season, his best season with 2014 and 2015 and Brown was considered a candidate MVP before his injury .... He also had a great playoffs game even if the steelers had lost

2018 was not a good year ... For the first 3 months, it was obvious that Ben and Brown were not longer on the same page and Brown's ego had become too big ... Whatever the reasons , Ben was more successful when his pass attempts were in the direction of JuJu but Brown was still the WR with the most target among the steelers even if it was just 4 more than JuJu, but his ego was way too big at this point and he lost his mind for a year after that!

2018 was not a good year ... For the first 3 months, it was obvious that Ben and Brown were not longer on the same page and Brown's ego had become too big ... Whatever the reasons , Ben was more successful when his pass attempts were in the direction of JuJu but Brown was still the WR with the most target among the steelers even if it was just 4 more than JuJu, but his ego was way too big at this point and he lost his mind for a year after that!
    I’m not sure it was all AB though. It’s pretty much a well known thing now that Ben’s arm wasn’t as good feeling as it was in the past. Could be a combination of ABs attitude but also the lack of Ben’s arm. It’s not out of the question that Ben’s arm could’ve set AB off at times and enhanced the spiral out of control. Not necessarily causing it, but it didn’t help and could’ve triggered some things. Just a though outside the box...

I’m not sure it was all AB though. It’s pretty much a well known thing now that Ben’s arm wasn’t as good feeling as it was in the past. Could be a combination of ABs attitude but also the lack of Ben’s arm. It’s not out of the question that Ben’s arm could’ve set AB off at times and enhanced the spiral out of control. Not necessarily causing it, but it didn’t help and could’ve triggered some things. Just a though outside the box...
    This is possible but it happened more often than in other years that Ben and Brown were not on the same page...And I agree that it was not all on AB.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I would buy that theory a lot more if Ben struggled the same way with JuJu, but he didn't.

On the other hand, it may have had something to do with things because it takes so little for AB to lose his mind. A couple errant throws and he's like a volcano about to erupt.

Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I would buy that theory a lot more if Ben struggled the same way with JuJu, but he didn't.

On the other hand, it may have had something to do with things because it takes so little for AB to lose his mind. A couple errant throws and he's like a volcano about to erupt.
    Maybe all JuJu knew was Ben with a “bad arm” so there was no adjusting?

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Sounds like some of you guys are really reaching to give AB a little benefit of the doubt. I'm not giving him any. He's a complete diva with a bad attitude and will be a cancer anywhere he ends up. Definitely not the definition of a 'team player'. Personally I hope he never plays another snap in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    Sounds like some of you guys are really reaching to give AB a little benefit of the doubt. I'm not giving him any. He's a complete diva with a bad attitude and will be a cancer anywhere he ends up. Definitely not the definition of a 'team player'. Personally I hope he never plays another snap in the NFL.
    In the last few post, we talked about Antonio Brown, the player and not the person .... I also refuse to give the benefit of doubt as a person .... He has been much worse since 2018 too.

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I was suggesting more of a story line that some of it could be Ben’s lack of arm strength because of the injury and that in turned was a little bit of why it seemed they were on different pages at times. Setting AB over the edge. AB is an asshole through and through. In no way should that be defended. I’m just wondering if AB was used to a good Ben arm and the bad Ben arm, he had difficulty adjusting to because of his attitude. It’s also not something Ben probably disclosed as in “Hey AB, my arms a little fucked up so run your routes at 90%”.

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I was suggesting more of a story line that some of it could be Ben’s lack of arm strength because of the injury and that in turned was a little bit of why it seemed they were on different pages at times. Setting AB over the edge. AB is an asshole through and through. In no way should that be defended. I’m just wondering if AB was used to a good Ben arm and the bad Ben arm, he had difficulty adjusting to because of his attitude. It’s also not something Ben probably disclosed as in “Hey AB, my arms a little fucked up so run your routes at 90%”.
    Got'cha. I understood what you were you saying and my post was more a swipe at AB than at you guys. I do agree that Ben's injury more than likely played a part in his lack of arm strength. Here's hoping his surgery and time off has made a difference for this coming season... if there is one.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Which helmet?
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Which helmet?