Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    CTE would be my guess. That is a bonafide sickness. And for the ways his personality has changed over the last year or two, it makes a lot of sense.
    His step-dad busts the CTE theory...stating that he’s been the same way since he’s been 12. It’s quite possible that the guy is just a full fledged 4-alarm asshole. Maybe he was just a good actor...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

CTE would be my guess. That is a bonafide sickness. And for the ways his personality has changed over the last year or two, it makes a lot of sense.
    His public behavior has changed. Lots of folks says he's been an asshole a long long
    time

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I guess the big problem would be if anyone cares? Similar kinds of discussions became so rampant they just made pre free agency tampering essentially legal.

Teams cut guys and then “promise” to cycle them back to the roster or practice squad all the time.

I remember Colbert talking once about how he and other GMs are hesitant to “raid” practice squads because it would get into a messy tit for tat.

I suspect tampering through agents as the conduit takes place weekly across the NFL. Wouldn’t shock me if no one would bring the case out of fear of having the tables turned down the road.
    This has been mentioned before, and the same thing applies ... It is one thing for agents to be working out deals with free agents on expiring contracts, or prospects cycling on and off the end of the roster. It is another thing entirely to be openly negotiating with players on another team's active roster in the middle of a season, who are on multi-year deals already.

Like - what would you think if you were Colbert, and you heard JuJu's agent or Tuitt's agent was working out the details of a contract with the Ravens right now? I imagine you'd be pretty pissed.

You may be right that none of the franchises would bring up a case - perhaps because Rosenhaus controls enough players that any team going after him would be inflicting significant damage on its own ability to sign or re-sign people. But if it was just Brown opening his big mouth to the media, the league itself would basically be forced to investigate it and that wouldn't be a consideration.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

No surprise AB's recent deposition was a cluster

Antonio Brown was a childish, foul-mouthed monster during his deposition for his condo-trashing case last week ... this according to new court docs filed by the opposing lawyer....

"Antonio Brown was extremely noncompliant and flagrantly disorderly, to the point that he frustrated the totality of the proceeding."...

The attorney claims Brown's deposition was filled with "tumultuous tirades, defiant rants, use of profane language and refusal to comport himself in a civilized and grown-up manner."

"Once the deposition started, almost immediately, [Brown] was belligerent and pugnacious, refusing to answer the most routine of questions."

Instead of answering questions, Brown allegedly "chanted, over and over, as if a mantra, a narrative of his own warped concept of the proceeding, namely that we should only address his counterclaim."...

The deposition ended when Brown started a 5-minute countdown ... and then walked out of the office at noon -- long before it was scheduled to end, the docs say.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/03/anton...avior-lawsuit/

No doubt AB's interview with the league office will go much better

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

This dude's gonna be broke within 2 years and is gonna be begging for some NFL team to pick him up so he can pay his bills. He'll play again but not for 30, or 10 million

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    This dude's gonna be broke within 2 years and is gonna be begging for some NFL team to pick him up so he can pay his bills. He'll play again but not for 30, or 10 million
    Are you sure it will take that long?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    No surprise AB's recent deposition was a cluster

Antonio Brown was a childish, foul-mouthed monster during his deposition for his condo-trashing case last week ... this according to new court docs filed by the opposing lawyer....

"Antonio Brown was extremely noncompliant and flagrantly disorderly, to the point that he frustrated the totality of the proceeding."...

The attorney claims Brown's deposition was filled with "tumultuous tirades, defiant rants, use of profane language and refusal to comport himself in a civilized and grown-up manner."

"Once the deposition started, almost immediately, [Brown] was belligerent and pugnacious, refusing to answer the most routine of questions."

Instead of answering questions, Brown allegedly "chanted, over and over, as if a mantra, a narrative of his own warped concept of the proceeding, namely that we should only address his counterclaim."...

The deposition ended when Brown started a 5-minute countdown ... and then walked out of the office at noon -- long before it was scheduled to end, the docs say.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/03/anton...avior-lawsuit/

No doubt AB's interview with the league office will go much better
    I highly suspect that this report is fake news. I’ve never seen Brown act childish.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Among the incidents highlighted in the motion — which opposing lawyer George Minksi claims “warrants the imposition of monetary sanctions” and more — Brown is alleged to have:

• Arrived nearly 30 minutes late to the deposition.
    • Acted “belligerent and pugnacious, refusing to answer the most routine of questions, despite there being no objection to the questioning coming from his counsel.”
    • “[C]hanted, over and over, as if a mantra, a narrative of his own warped concept of the proceeding.”
    • “Acting as if he was above the rule of law, [Brown] proceeded to make a mockery of the deposition process. [Brown’s] antics were so unreasonable that barely twenty [20] minutes into the deposition, his counsel asked for a break [so] he could speak with [Brown] about his demeanor.”
    • “When the deposition resumed, [Brown] began texting on his cell phone. Regardless of multiple requests from his own counsel, and from the undersigned, [Brown] continued texting.”
    • “After approximately 20-30 minutes, [Brown] required another break. When the deposition resumed [Brown] increased his level of obstructive behavior. At one point, [Brown] refused to answer any questions, instead saying ‘next question’ no less than 10 times.”
    • “Soon thereafter, [Brown] started announcing a countdown, starting at ‘five [5] minutes,’ and counting down the minutes thereafter. Before noon [Brown] left the conference room.”
    https://sports.yahoo.com/lawyer-accu...192847707.html

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Remember this is Ben, Tomlin and Colbert's fault

That’s nothing to do with CTE...that’s above and beyond...lol.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

You know what would be news, Antonio Brown doing something good!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, back in March or so, I remember saying the only way the Steelers had any way of possibly justifying just dumping Brown the way they did, was if they knew he had completely lost his mind and nobody else knew. I guess that was really why. Still, fuck that guy.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

C’mon everyone...he’s sick with CTE...it’s not his choice...he doesn’t know how to make the right choice...he feels persecuted and lashes out...it’s a self-control issue...it’s not his fault...he’s sick...he just makes bad choices...he’s really a nice guy...he has a good heart...yada, yada, yada.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    C’mon everyone...he’s sick with CTE...it’s not his choice...he doesn’t know how to make the right choice...he feels persecuted and lashes out...it’s a self-control issue...it’s not his fault...he’s sick...he just makes bad choices...he’s really a nice guy...he has a good heart...yada, yada, yada.

The poor guy is just a victim of circumstance..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, back in March or so, I remember saying the only way the Steelers had any way of possibly justifying just dumping Brown the way they did, was if they knew he had completely lost his mind and nobody else knew. I guess that was really why. Still, fuck that guy.
    Not to be an “I told you so”... Really, I’m not trying to be. Please, don’t read my post in that vein.

But, that is pretty much exactly what I said.

Teams knew that there was something seriously wrong with AB... which is why only one team made a trade offer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    The poor guy is just a victim of circumstance..
    https://youtu.be/8z4-vvSP6mc

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Not to be an “I told you so”... Really, I’m not trying to be. Please, don’t read my post in that vein.

Teams knew that there was something seriously wrong with AB... which is why only one team made a trade offer for him.
    At the time, I thought they must have been overreacting, or Brown was just putting on an act to get what he wanted. Like, the oldest trick in the book. But HOLY SHIT, man, it was all real.

It's like the end of that movie Primal Fear, where the lawyer says to Ed Norton's character, "you mean there never was a Roy?" and he tells him, "No, there never was an Aaron." That's the last 3 weeks.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Since AB is involved in multiple lawsuits he is about to discover that if he keeps acting out he will encounter the divas of the American legal system - judges. Those folks have a lot more power than Roger Goodell or NFL coaches to jerk the chain of someone who thinks they can set their own standards of conduct in responding to questioning under oath

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

At the time, I thought they must have been overreacting, or Brown was just putting on an act to get what he wanted. Like, the oldest trick in the book. But HOLY SHIT, man, it was all real.

It's like the end of that movie Primal Fear, where the lawyer says to Ed Norton's character, "you mean there never was a Roy?" and he tells him, "No, there never was an Aaron." That's the last 3 weeks.
    That is the PERFECT movie reference!!!

STEELERS FANS: Has AB been acting crazy this entire time???

AB: There never was a sane AB.

- - - Updated - - -

Since AB is involved in multiple lawsuits he is about to discover that if he keeps acting out he will encounter the divas of the American legal system - judges. Those folks have a lot more power than Roger Goodell or NFL coaches to jerk the chain of someone who thinks they can set their own standards of conduct in responding to questioning under oath
    AB is gonna piss off the wrong judge.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I can just picture him calling some judge a "cracker."

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I rarely wish anyone bad will but this guy deserves what he gets. He pissed on everything good .

Merry Christmas

Hypothetically, if another team is dumb enough to sign him - has any player in league history been on three different teams in a season? Or for that matter, four teams between the end of one season and the end of the next? I can't think of any, even the biggest shitheads to ever play the game have nothing on him. I guess maybe some end-of-the-bench type players might get signed and released a few times, but for completely different reasons.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Hypothetically, if another team is dumb enough to sign him - has any player in league history been on three different teams in a season? Or for that matter, four teams between the end of one season and the end of the next? I can't think of any, even the biggest shitheads to ever play the game have nothing on him. I guess maybe some end-of-the-bench type players might get signed and released a few times, but for completely different reasons.
    Randy Moss - Cheats**, Vikings, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    His step-dad busts the CTE theory...stating that he’s been the same way since he’s been 12. It’s quite possible that the guy is just a full fledged 4-alarm asshole. Maybe he was just a good actor...
    That could be. But, I remember listening to SNR and a couple of the guys on there were saying that he went from always smiling and enjoying himself to a very dour person over the last year. Perhaps, it wasn't that he was a good actor but that he's lost his ability to edit himself (If I recall, again, part of CTE). We all have that inner id, but it's edited. You see it come out in really old people as they start losing the ability to edit themselves. I know I've gone from someone who was always happy-go-luck, go with the flow type person to a Get-Off-My-Lawn type of person over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Did a little digging and found this:

The researchers report that those with behavior and mood problems [as opposed to memory and thinking issues] experienced symptoms at a younger age, with the first symptom appearing at an average age of 35. That’s compared to an average age of 59 for those with memory and thinking problems.
    Almost all of the people in the mood/behavior group — or 91 percent — experienced symptoms of memory and thinking decline at some point, according to the researchers.

. . .

The study also found that the athletes who experience mood symptoms were more explosive, out of control, physically and verbally violent, and depressed than the group that experienced memory and thinking deficits.

Family members reported that 73 percent of those in the first group were “explosive,” compared to 27 percent in the second group, according to the researchers.
    Additionally, 64 percent of the first group were described as being “out of control,” compared to 27 percent of the second group, while 68 percent were physically violent, compared to 18 percent. Family members reported that 74 percent in the first group were verbally violent, compared to 18 percent in the second group.
    https://psychcentral.com/news/2013/0...ior/58833.html

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Didn't Ryan Clark say something like "you give a guy like that money, he'll get out of control"?

Another plea to get some cash flow going

That could be. But, I remember listening to SNR and a couple of the guys on there were saying that he went from always smiling and enjoying himself to a very dour person over the last year. Perhaps, it wasn't that he was a good actor but that he's lost his ability to edit himself (If I recall, again, part of CTE). We all have that inner id, but it's edited. You see it come out in really old people as they start losing the ability to edit themselves. I know I've gone from someone who was always happy-go-luck, go with the flow type person to a Get-Off-My-Lawn type of person over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Did a little digging and found this:

https://psychcentral.com/news/2013/0...ior/58833.html
    I believe CTE is real but at the same time. The study group in the NFL I Clyde's alot of narcissist, possible steroids or a minimum some supplement and a game that requires violence . So the pool is alittle but fouled already. One also quits editing themselves when they have lots of mk ey and surrounded by people who feed the ego

Merry Christmas

Oh my god, you know what just occurred to me?

What if Brown saw what Bell did last year, and thought, "If he can do that, I can do it even better because I'm the top dog in the entire league - people will eat that shit up and do whatever I want!"

And this is the result of trying to be Leveon Bell when you're actually even dumber than Leveon Bell.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Apparently not anytime soon AB

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was asked about Brown's case Wednesday, and he gave a vague answer that didn't really clear anything up as far as when the receiver, who was released by the Patriots after one game in September, might be able to return to the NFL.

"We're still working at that," Goodell said of the case. "I will probably be getting an update when I get back to New York. Our folks have been working diligently at that. When we reach a conclusion, I'll obviously let you know."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...essage-to-nfl/