Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

It’s rather sad to watch this guy keep falling apart...

That guy in a Steelers uniform was so damn special...real fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s rather sad to watch this guy keep falling apart...

That guy in a Steelers uniform was so damn special...real fun to watch.
    He has been falling apart for a long time. A lot was kept quiet for years because he was so productive - Ryan Clark saying Troy wanted to take AB out in practice back in 2012 for cursing out LeBeau only came out this past September

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-back-in-2012/

Teams would tolerate Hannibal Lecter or Charles Manson on their teams and enable their behavior if they were All-Pro and avoided getting suspended

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    He has been falling apart for a long time. A lot was kept quiet for years because he was so productive - Ryan Clark saying Troy wanted to take AB out in practice back in 2012 for cursing out LeBeau only came out this past September

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-back-in-2012/

Teams would tolerate Hannibal Lecter or Charles Manson on their teams and enable their behavior if they were All-Pro and avoided getting suspended
    Yeah you're now seeing it with Myles Garrett and the Browns. His teammates probably even know he's full of it

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Obviously, he didn't actually write it, but here's the latest Instagram post AB has signed off on...

First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended. I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love. I’ve worked hard over the years to earn a chance to compete in the greatest game on earth. Over the years I was met with challenges and I can honestly say I didn’t handle those challenges in the manner that I should have. Over the past few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to think about everything that’s transpired and I am deeply sorry to all who I’ve offended. While my behavior was inexcusable, sometimes when people are coming at you with false information and allegations, we handle ourselves in ways that we sometimes regret. I do take full responsibility for my actions and I’m working everyday to repair what I broke. I do know that if I’m ever given the opportunity to play the game that I love, I’m going to work extremely hard to show the world how much I appreciate another chance. To the organizations that I offended, I offer my sincere apology to you and my hope is that you forgive me and help me move on from this minor setback. I look forward to competing and helping a team reach their goals.

A post shared by Boomin (@ab) on Dec 6, 2019 at 10:54am PST

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Obviously, he didn't actually write it, but here's the latest Instagram post AB has signed off on...

First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended. I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love. I’ve worked hard over the years to earn a chance to compete in the greatest game on earth. Over the years I was met with challenges and I can honestly say I didn’t handle those challenges in the manner that I should have. Over the past few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to think about everything that’s transpired and I am deeply sorry to all who I’ve offended. While my behavior was inexcusable, sometimes when people are coming at you with false information and allegations, we handle ourselves in ways that we sometimes regret. I do take full responsibility for my actions and I’m working everyday to repair what I broke. I do know that if I’m ever given the opportunity to play the game that I love, I’m going to work extremely hard to show the world how much I appreciate another chance. To the organizations that I offended, I offer my sincere apology to you and my hope is that you forgive me and help me move on from this minor setback. I look forward to competing and helping a team reach their goals.

I don't know if there has ever been anyone, in the history of sports, where the difference has been so obvious between when they are saying something themselves and when they are repeating something their publicist wrote for them.

Maybe Mike Tyson would come close if they'd had Twitter and Instagram in the early '90s. But these days I don't think Mike Tyson even gives a fuck enough to have a publicist apologize for anything.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I kinda like how real life AB makes Ricky Jarrett from Ballers seem reasonable.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Being unemployed when you have major debt service is a pain

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/...-area-mansion/

Will wait and see how long the response to that is to stay in apology mode since he is not getting back this season and will have months to brood on that

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

You need read no further than “First and foremost” to know it’s not his writing...lol. Unless you want to be optimistic and assume that his online college courses are paying off already...

‘I Was Done With That Loser Long Time Ago,’ Antonio Brown Rips Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, Calls NFL Racist

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...ls-nfl-racist/

First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended. I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love.
    Will wait and see how long the response to that is to stay in apology mode since he is not getting back this season and will have months to brood on that
    ‘I Was Done With That Loser Long Time Ago,’ Antonio Brown Rips Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, Calls NFL Racist

So that apology lasted five (5) days - I had the over/under at a week so I would have lost that bet

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Funny AB calls him a loser. Ben = 2 superbowls, AB = zero

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Not to mention A.B had zero TD's in Pittsburgh from any quarterback not named Ben Roethlisberger.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

As AD said, so much for that "apology".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Just days ago (and after his apology) it was announced the Cheats wouldn't re-sign AB. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    As AD said, so much for that "apology".
    AB has an explanation

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

AB has an explanation

"That was the fam, not the racist NFL". Okay... What does that mean?? He was apologizing to his family, not the NFL? Somebody in his family tweeted the message and he didn't mean to call the NFL racist? Something else?

Dude's speaking English, yet I still feel like I need an interpreter.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    "That was the fam, not the racist NFL". Okay... What does that mean?? He was apologizing to his family, not the NFL? Somebody in his family tweeted the message and he didn't mean to call the NFL racist? Something else?

Dude's speaking English, yet I still feel like I need an interpreter.
    Maybe AB believes the “racist NFL” could not possibly be offended by anything he has done so they were not covered by the “first and foremost” apology to everyone last week?

Even after any suspensions/time on the exempt list are done, any team bringing AB on board has to wonder how long until the inevitable next blow up.

This guy continues to fall...lol.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

AB is doubling down on stupid like he doesn't want to play anymore
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Next week he will issue an apology and then tell everyone how Tom Brady was the most professional and most prepared QB he’s ever played with, begging the Patriots to add him to their playoff roster...lol

He’s become quite pathetic. I’m embarrassed for him...so much more respect for Tomlin, Ben, the team and the front office for how they dealt with this guy for so long...mad respek.

Roger continues to torment AB after the latest tweets

Commissioner Roger Goodell made it clear on Wednesday that a decision isn’t imminent.

“They [have] still not completed the investigation,” Goodell told reporters at the December ownership meeting. “They did, our investigators did [meet with Brown], I did not meet with Antonio. But they have more work to do. They’re following up on that. And I’ll get an update when they have more information.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...io-brown-case/

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Can't A.Brown, Communist Kaperdick, and Hillary ( I have no emails and I didn't kill those in Bengazi) just go in the woods and get F..Kin lost !!?? Damn....GO AWAY !!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I'm loving watching AB shit the rest of his career down the sewer. I hope that shit bag never plays another down in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

AB is a real piece of work and the more this kind of stuff comes up the more I can't believe we kept him as a contributing member of the team for as long as we did. When Troy is upset with a fellow teammate that speaks VOLUMES. It also explains to me why we never went that far into the playoffs if this guy was such a cancer to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    AB is a real piece of work and the more this kind of stuff comes up the more I can't believe we kept him as a contributing member of the team for as long as we did. When Troy is upset with a fellow teammate that speaks VOLUMES. It also explains to me why we never went that far into the playoffs if this guy was such a cancer to the team.
    Makes you wonder how Tomlin kept him under some sort of control...

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    AB is doubling down on stupid like he doesn't want to play anymore
    But being proactive in getting his New Year’s resolutions lined up

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

At this point the only way AB can get even crazier is if he tweeted that he was allergic to electricity