Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1623

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    A week later and this idea doesn't strike me as being so bad. 1st, AB is better than Evans or Godwin once he gets his 'football legs' back. 2nd, Gronk has started making plays again and looks like he's getting his 'football legs' back. Brady with AB and Gronk, a pretty good run game, and a very good defense. Then top it all off with Evans and Godwin are the filler WRs? Buccs could be very scary good very soon.
    End of the month hindsight....Not much of a signing after all.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Anyone see how little AB has been offered for 2021, something like 6.5 for one year. My how the mighty have fallen. Maybe just enough to pay his legal bills......oh....with Marsha.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Anyone see how little AB has been offered for 2021, something like 6.5 for one year. My how the mighty have fallen. Maybe just enough to pay his legal bills......oh....with Marsha.

He got what he deserves.

Since leaving the Steelers after the 2018 season, Brown has played in 9 games. He has 49 catches for 539 yards and 5 TD's.

Here are his career stats. https://www.nfl.com/players/antonio-brown/stats/career

Compare what he did with the Steelers and Big Ben to what he has done since.

Wow....you really showed them Antonio.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Congrats to Super Bowl champion, Antonio Brown! An all-time Steelers great!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Congrats to Super Bowl champion, Antonio Brown! An all-time Steelers great!

so how you been Tom ?

thought I would give you an early going away present .....

go to the nearest tattoo parlor and get this and have them send the bill to me I will gladly cover it

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Well...true to its title, the thread won’t die...

Antonio Brown Sued, Accused Of Not Paying Marketing Firm

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs...outputType=amp

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Back at it!

Antonio Brown booted from Buccaneers joint practice after punching Titans player in the face

What will Saturday's preseason game between the Titans and Buccaneers look like? If Thursday's joint practice is any indication of how it will go, it will definitely be a game worth following. The practice took place under extreme Tampa heat, and had five altercations -- with the main event being Buccaneers receiver Antonio Brown punching Titans cornerback Chris Jackson.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Back at it!

Antonio Brown booted from Buccaneers joint practice after punching Titans player in the face

What will Saturday's preseason game between the Titans and Buccaneers look like? If Thursday's joint practice is any indication of how it will go, it will definitely be a game worth following. The practice took place under extreme Tampa heat, and had five altercations -- with the main event being Buccaneers receiver Antonio Brown punching Titans cornerback Chris Jackson.

Wtf. I just can't for the life of me understand how someone can fuckup non stop and still make millions of dollars while doing it. Wow.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I know it's AB and we like to pick on him(with good reason) but IMO this is no biggie. These things happen all the time.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    I know it's AB and we like to pick on him(with good reason) but IMO this is no biggie. These things happen all the time.
    And it's not like his was the only scrap. There were 4 others.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

they do but when you’re on double secret probation you’re actually supposed to turn other cheek.

That was his second punch that he threw in practice.

Okay for things to get a little heated but you can’t just throw punches every time you think you were held.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    they do but when you’re on double secret probation you’re actually supposed to turn other cheek.
    Zero…. point… zero

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Zero…. point… zero
    “what a f#*king nightmare”……..Sorry, just finished watching “My Cousin Vinny”.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Wtf. I just can't for the life of me understand how someone can fuckup non stop and still make millions of dollars while doing it. Wow.
    there's privileges to being one of the best at what you do. not saying it's fair, but if this guy was say like rico bussey he would have been sent packing. But he's AB

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    A) That's how good he is.

B) He has Brady on his side now.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He might be a jerk, but AB is still a baller. I miss him on the field.

Brady on AB:

"AB's become like a brother to me," Brady said. "Just to watch him, what's happened over the course of his life the last 18 months, and to see kind of where he was at and where he's at now, makes me so happy for him. He's done the work. He's put the work in. We're all challenged in different ways on and off the field. Sometimes football comes really easy but the successes of football become a little more challenging to deal with. He's really done an amazing job in his own life getting back to what the real purpose of it is.

"He loves playing football. He's a football genius. It's hard to explain to people -- and I'm someone who's been around some amazing players -- it's hard to explain to others the way he sees the game versus everybody else. He's truly one of a kind person, talent, and I've obviously admired him so much for what he did in Pittsburgh in his time there. He's really come to Tampa, he's been focused completely on football and being a great teammate.

All the guys really embraced him and really encouraged him at different moments. He's proven to everybody what he's still capable of. He's just an amazing player, obviously everyone gets to see that. I get to see it every day in practice, which is something that's great for me. Just really happy for him, happy for his family, and I know he's got a lot of great years left."
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...ome-brother-me

They're both nuts.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just Win Baby!

No one cares what you do as long as you ball out.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He might be a jerk, but AB is still a baller. I miss him on the field.
    Yep ... Still pisses me off to think he and Ben could have gone down in history as one of the most prolific WR/QB combos.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep ... Still pisses me off to think he and Ben could have gone down in history as one of the most prolific WR/QB combos.
    With his selfish me-first personality a break-up was inevitable. In restrospect, it is actually kind of amazing he lasted in Pittsburgh as long as he did, that they got 6 great years out of him, and that he didn't start shutting down until he got onto a roster with Tom Brady sooner than he did. Just re-read the stuff Ryan Clark said, there were issues dating back to 2012 that he elaborated on (and possibly earlier). We can say what if he was a better person but that feels like the equivalent of asking "What if my aunt had balls".

Yep. He’s a fun player to watch. Still one of my favorite players to watch play the game when he was in Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

AB really started going off the rails when juju came on board and Ben started throwing to him more with ABgetting all the double teams. He wasn’t a team player, maybe he’s humbled a bit in Tampa. Anyway, AB’s best days are behind, him, and the Steelers have a crew of up and coming receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yep. He’s a fun player to watch. Still one of my favorite players to watch play the game when he was in Pittsburgh.
    Yep, I completely agree. I wonder what would have happened had he been older and drafted instead of, say, Plaxico Burress, and had years on a team with Hines Ward as a mentor along with some of the other personalities at the time that most likely would have kept him in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yep, I completely agree. I wonder what would have happened had he been older and drafted instead of, say, Plaxico Burress, and had years on a team with Hines Ward as a mentor along with some of the other personalities at the time that most likely would have kept him in check.
    He was on his second contract….he should have been the mentor. He had his own, fun little locker room show where he would interview players. He was totally immersed in the team at one time. I still wonder if the big hit to the head he took, scrambled his brain some. He was never quite the same after that.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

He was on his second contract….he should have been the mentor. He had his own, fun little locker room show where he would interview players. He was totally immersed in the team at one time. I still wonder if the big hit to the head he took, scrambled his brain some. He was never quite the same after that.
    The hit should’ve knocked some sense into him. he had his chance to be a mentor to juju - didn’t want to do it. In fact he tried to undermine juju. He’s not cutout to be a mentor - he needs to be mentored - strongly it seems. There are a lot of past Steeler greats (including Hines) that would have kept him in check or thrown him off the team.

Joe Greene dealt with Gilliam’s antics (which involved substance abuse)- and he was let go. If he had his act together he might’ve been the Steelers QB in those Super Bowls. AB childishness is nothing compared to gilliam’s problems - AB wouldn’t dare pull his crap with guys like that - but this is a different ‘me first’ age

The fact that JuJu went out there and got revenge for AB and that didn’t click in his head that it was a good thing is a problem. You are 100% correct though. He was way immersed into his team, teammates and community. He was writing live letters to Pittsburgh in the papers. He loved Ben and then something clicked and it all went sideways. Perhaps from the hit, perhaps from Ben’s comments about the Broncos game, probably some shit some people he had around him were filling his head with or most likely a combination of it all.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    The hit should’ve knocked some sense into him. he had his chance to be a mentor to juju - didn’t want to do it. In fact he tried to undermine juju. He’s not cutout to be a mentor - he needs to be mentored - strongly it seems. There are a lot of past Steeler greats (including Hines) that would have kept him in check or thrown him off the team.

Joe Greene dealt with Gilliam’s antics (which involved substance abuse)- and he was let go. If he had his act together he might’ve been the Steelers QB in those Super Bowls. AB childishness is nothing compared to gilliam’s problems - AB wouldn’t dare pull his crap with guys like that - but this is a different ‘me first’ age
    If only brain injuries worked that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    ........... He’s not cutout to be a mentor - he needs to be mentored ...............
    People are different. How many teams got rid of Moss? TO? Not everyone is Joe Greene. That's just the way it is.

Hey kid:

This thread is priceless...