Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown accused of Rape

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Of course, the press had one thing on its mind, after fielding those, AB, questions for no more than 2 minutes he stomped off the stage. Not good. First time I've seen BB that rattled by the press.
    Saw a tweet that said Rosenhaus is going on ESPN to talk about this mess. Didn't BB tell him to STFU.

And why would Rosenhaus be on TV talking about it. Smart thing would be to shut the hell up and refer to lawyers.

But what do I care.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Of course, the press had one thing on its mind, after fielding those, AB, questions for no more than 2 minutes he stomped off the stage. Not good. First time I've seen BB that rattled by the press.
    oh, boy. That's not a good look. Seems to be "on brand" for him -- but not a good look.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Holy shit, the karma surrounding this guy is just unreal.

Normally it'd take years for this whole sequence to play out, but he's really moving at hyper speed!

At this rate, he'll be in jail by Friday and dead by Monday.
    It is like one of those Behind The Music rockumentaries where the star rises to fame then faces ruin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Saw a tweet that said Rosenhaus is going on ESPN to talk about this mess. Didn't BB tell him to STFU.

And why would Rosenhaus be on TV talking about it. Smart thing would be to shut the hell up and refer to lawyers.

But what do I care.
    Rosenhaus once again carrying water for his high maintenance client

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Rosenhaus once again carrying water for his high maintenance client

Wouldn't it basically be impossible to have "facts" to disprove any of this? I mean unless AB wears a bodycam 24/7...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It smells a little like the SCOTUS Brett Kavanaugh railroading because of the timing, but if somebody was going to screw with him they timed it perfectly. I guess in other words,

"Business is Booming!"

P.S.

If Brown was still on the Steelers he would already be suspended by the NFL. The league is rigged.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    4 planes
    Dang my fat fingers!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Normally it'd take years for this whole sequence to play out, but he's really moving at hyper speed!

*whispers*

Madden

Curse

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So a 3rd and a 5th?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Sounds like Epstein.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wouldn't it basically be impossible to have "facts" to disprove any of this? I mean unless AB wears a bodycam 24/7...
    especially when one of his emails pretty much admits guilt of at least one count of sexual assault.

I really overestimated the intelligence of this guy to mastermind a plan to end up on NE, the dude really is just that stupid.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

"Dear, Mr. Belichick,

Eat a bag of dicks.

Yours truly,
    The collective cities of Pittsburgh and Oakland"

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Kraft should take AB out for a nice relaxing massage. A guarantee to a happy ending.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Kraft should take AB out for a nice relaxing massage. A guarantee to a happy ending.
    well it did happen in FL , and Kraft knows a place !! in FL ..
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    AB still hasn't been assigned a jersey number.....just sayin'

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Sounds like Epstein.
    Not quite. The part like Epstein was the blatantly illegal way the Patriots signed him, and that not being investigated at all ("It was suicide, you crazy conspiracy theorists, nothing to see here!")

This part is like if Hillary just happened to get caught red-handed for an unrelated murder like a week after the Epstein thing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

He is OUT OF CONTROL and, I'm glad he is no longer on the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

NFL is considering putting AB on the commissioner's exempt list. "IF" he is put on this it would mean he could not play but he would still get paid.

Read the article
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...?noredirect=on

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

And he had on the usual NFL helmet without complaint.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

And he had on the usual NFL helmet without complaint.
    Who is he going to complain to Bill? He'd be golfing with OJ if he did.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    He'd have to pass a lie detector for me to believe him about anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He'd have to pass a lie detector for me to believe him about anything at this point.
    Polygraph exam results would not be anything to which I would give much credence

Polygraphs can be beaten and questions can be framed in a way that the subject “passes”

In her complaint the AB plaintiff is said to have passed a polygraph exam (paragraph 74 of linked complaint), which I regard as a nothingburger

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/u...core-ios-share

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Is it possible for someone to be so stupid and/or crazy that a polygraph can't tell the difference between when they're telling the truth and lying? Because if there's one case where it's important to know that, this is it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Polygraph exam results would not be anything to which I would give much credence

Polygraphs can be beaten and questions can be framed in a way that the subject “passes”

In her complaint the AB plaintiff is said to have passed a polygraph exam (paragraph 74 of linked complaint), which I regard as a nothingburger

We aint talkin about just any ole Polygraph we are talkin bout Steve Wilkos Polygraph with Dan Ribacoff.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm not sure AB can 'beat' any test at this point, unless it's catching a football, which he hasn't done in a while...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The accuser says he raped her on the third accusation. And yes, I believe you can rape the person who is trying to extort you...if that was the case.
    So I believe we can agree that the first two allegations definitely don't count as 'rape'. The third incident... I don't put that in the same category either. I don't approve of the conflation of sexually inappropriate behavior or even sexual assault with 'rape'. Rape is a vile and brutal act that deserves its own category. Diluting it with lesser offenses merely cheapens it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

This observation in a column published yesterday that applauded AB for manipulating the NFL contractual system that I linked in the AB signs with the Pats thread has not aged well.

The narrative that Brown is too much the diva and lacks the self-control to be a Patriot is nonsense. Brown is all about self-control; it’s just not the brand that certain NFL martinets seek.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...758_story.html
    One bright side of AB continuing to find new ways to make the news is having writers outside of Pittsburgh who parachute in to pontificate about AB being such a savvy guy having to admit they perhaps are clueless about what he is like.

After the rape allegations, this column today from the Washington Post writer who said yesterday that AB is "all about self-control."

On Tuesday, I congratulated Brown for having the smarts and self-control and self-determination to get himself to the Patriots, as opposed to letting himself be powerlessly trapped on a bad team. Today, after reading the messages included in the lawsuit filed by his accuser, I feel compelled to state that I don’t know who Brown really is.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/spor...mments-wrapper

No kidding

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

I don't think anyone has asked . but this happened in 2017 and early 2018 . ?? DID the Steelers Know ??
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    So I believe we can agree that the first two allegations definitely don't count as 'rape'. The third incident... I don't put that in the same category either. I don't approve of the conflation of sexually inappropriate behavior or even sexual assault with 'rape'. Rape is a vile and brutal act that deserves its own category. Diluting it with lesser offenses merely cheapens it.
    The Florida Uniform Crime Reports program defines Rape as the penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person or object, without the consent of the victim.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Cr.../Rape-(1).aspx

From the plaintiff's lawsuit
    54.They chatted for a few minutes, and when Ms. Taylor went to walk out of the room, Brown cornered her and pulled her down on the bed on her stomach, pushing her face down into the mattress.
    55.She attempted to physically resist, but he pinned her down so that she was unable to fight back.
    56.As she struggled, he lifted her dress and told her, “you know you want this.”
    57.Ms. Taylor pleaded with him, shouting “no” and “stop.” But Brown refused and proceeded with great violence to penetrate her.
    58.Ms. Taylor protested and cried the entire time

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/u..._Complaint.pdf

Those of course are only allegations, which AB denies. But if those allegations are correct it seems pretty clearly to be rape under Florida law.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

The Florida Uniform Crime Reports program defines Rape as the penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person or object, without the consent of the victim.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/Cr.../Rape-(1).aspx

From the plaintiff's lawsuit
    54.They chatted for a few minutes, and when Ms. Taylor went to walk out of the room, Brown cornered her and pulled her down on the bed on her stomach, pushing her face down into the mattress.
    55.She attempted to physically resist, but he pinned her down so that she was unable to fight back.
    56.As she struggled, he lifted her dress and told her, “you know you want this.”
    57.Ms. Taylor pleaded with him, shouting “no” and “stop.” But Brown refused and proceeded with great violence to penetrate her.
    58.Ms. Taylor protested and cried the entire time

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/u..._Complaint.pdf

Those of course are only allegations, which AB denies. But if those allegations are correct it seems pretty clearly to be rape under Florida law.
    Now *that* allegation, if true, would constitute rape. The other stuff, while not meaningless, isn't in the same category and shouldn't be treated as such.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland