Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Last year we had good chemistry but no Ben
    hopefully this year we have a healthy Ben and we maintain the same good chemistry- that probably leaves AB out of the equation

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Today’s apology was what was supposed to happen last week during the interview on 93.7

But that was live where nobody could filter AB’s chattering, so no surprise the apology went into the ditch and we got this instead

“Of course I am pissed off at a guy like Ben Roethlisberger for nine years and being able to do what nobody in history has been able to do and that guy doesn’t even treat me with respect,” said Brown not long after apologizing to Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin and Art Rooney. “Over the course of time, a lot built up.”...

So it was back to sending out written material someone can edit, which presumably was how we got today’s Instagram apology - doubtful it is much more than more spin

Of course this is all a sideshow- resolving the sexual assault civil lawsuit is what needs to happen before Roger lets AB back on the field
    AB will be 32 at the start of the next NFL season. With all the other crap he's facing at best he could get back into the league by 34 (and I think that's a stretch) and at that age how good is he really going to be?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    AB will be 32 at the start of the next NFL season. With all the other crap he's facing at best he could get back into the league by 34 (and I think that's a stretch) and at that age how good is he really going to be?
    He still will be very good. The skillset he has tends to age well (sure hands, perfect route running ability). He's never been a physical phenom, just really good at his craft. That and 2 years less of wear and tear on the body, it's more so total wear and tear over time more so than age that makes athletes go downhill imo (one of the reasons why marcus allen was able to play until almost 40, he spent a few years on the bench due to Al Davis dispute)

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    He still will be very good. The skillset he has tends to age well (sure hands, perfect route running ability). He's never been a physical phenom, just really good at his craft. That and 2 years less of wear and tear on the body, it's more so total wear and tear over time more so than age that makes athletes go downhill imo (one of the reasons why marcus allen was able to play until almost 40, he spent a few years on the bench due to Al Davis dispute)
    Agreed but he still has to prove he is over his mental issues, and so far that has proven to be a monumental task. I won't say some team won't try him for a bit as the Saints did, but in the end even then his mental state was his demise.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

He's finished, done, it's over, a wasted talent who never won anything.

the Steelers last reached a Super Bowl (losing to Green Bay) in his rookie season of 2010 when he was barely a contributor

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"I've been talking to my therapist," he said. "I've been talking to people that don't have no agendas, people who just allow me to express myself and listen to me and don't give me feedback with regard of what they're trying to get. I've been talking to people that are focused on my mental health."
    This is a great sign! I sincerely hope he's turned the corner.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Agreed but he still has to prove he is over his mental issues, and so far that has proven to be a monumental task. I won't say some team won't try him for a bit as the Saints did, but in the end even then his mental state was his demise.
    You don't "get over" mental issues in a few weeks or months with a therapist.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    You don't "get over" mental issues in a few weeks or months with a therapist.
    That is true, but the important part is recognizing that you have one. Moreover, if AB has the mental issue I think he has, there's no way to get over it. It can't be fixed, but can be managed.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    That is true, but the important part is recognizing that you have one. Moreover, if AB has the mental issue I think he has, there's no way to get over it. It can't be fixed, but can be managed.
    Yep. The first step toward "recovery," is acknowledging and admitting there's a problem to begin with.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. The first step toward "recovery," is acknowledging and admitting there's a problem to begin with.
    and I don't personally believe AB is there yet...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    and I don't personally believe AB is there yet...

I agree. It just feels like he's saying whatever he believes he needs to say to preserve what he perceives to be his world.

I truly hope he discovers how much better life is when you aren't only living for yourself, and he accepts that what he has been doing isn't the way it should be or has to be.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I agree. It just feels like he's saying whatever he believes he needs to say to preserve what he perceives to be his world.

I truly hope he discovers how much better life is when you aren't only living for yourself, and he accepts that what he has been doing isn't the way it should be or has to be.
    Agreed. The fact that he attempted, in his mind, to suck it up with the Steelers just means that he's desperate. It doesn't mean that he believes any of it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Agreed. The fact that he attempted, in his mind, to suck it up with the Steelers just means that he's desperate. It doesn't mean that he believes any of it.
    True that - someone writes the apologies that go out through his social media accounts then he gives an interview which someone cannot edit. This after the Instagram apology this week

Fast forward just a few days and someone decided to stick a microphone in front of him and Brown did what he does best. Completely contradict himself. Brown did an interview with Power 105.1 as he continues to promote his music and the topic of the Steelers had to come up.

I think it was all an act with him,” Brown said talking about Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. “Guys around him could never really see eye to eye … There’s rules, and then there’s Ben.”...

He also doubled down on his dislike for JuJu Smith-Schuster and aimed it at preferential treatment by Roethlisberger. “He think he the best, I am the best,” Brown said. “Ben (was) trying to force him the ball to make him the guy … Everyone want to protect the little kid and come after me these days.”

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...sberger-nfl-2/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tomlin came out today and said that once a Steeler, always a Steeler in regards to AB. Followed that up by saying at this time, interested in helping him develop and improve on himself but no business interest in signing AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin came out today and said that once a Steeler, always a Steeler in regards to AB. Followed that up by saying at this time, interested in helping him develop and improve on himself but no business interest in signing AB.
    from listening to the segment. I think Tomlin wants to roll with the receivers he has and see how they perform with Ben throwing the football: DJ and Washington showed growth last season.

If one of those guys goes down (or JJ) and AB is still available and showing maturity....maybe Tomlin takes a chance on him? And that’s a big maybe

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    from listening to the segment. I think Tomlin wants to roll with the receivers he has and see how they perform with Ben throwing the football: DJ and Washington showed growth last season.

If one of those guys goes down (or JJ) and AB is still available and showing maturity....maybe Tomlin takes a chance on him? And that’s a big maybe
    nah, I think that bridge has been burned...

I'd take Bell back in a heartbeat. He just tried to beat the system and failed. This lying sack of shit......no way.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Tomlin sounds like a parent (of a child who’s messed up royally). There is indeed love & concern there, but also a firmness.

AB is a Steeler; he always will be... but, he’s not spending another night under my roof.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I'd take Bell back in a heartbeat. He just tried to beat the system and failed. This lying sack of shit......no way.
    Agree there is no way AB comes back to the Steelers

And I would not take Bell back - not because he tried to beat the system but, as many of us predicted, once he got his big contract he got fat

Bottom of this linked article says the Jets would love to get rid of him, but the cap hit if they release him in 2020 is too big and the return on a trade likely would be a minimal third day of darft pick

The Jets, who felt Bell gained weight and lost explosiveness as the season went on, have to make it work for another year.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...on-in-cap-cuts

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agree there is no way AB comes back to the Steelers

And I would not take Bell back - not because he tried to beat the system but, as many of us predicted, once he got his big contract he got fat

Bottom of this linked article says the Jets would love to get rid of him, but the cap hit if they release him in 2020 is too big and the return on a trade likely would be a minimal third day of darft pick

The Jets, who felt Bell gained weight and lost explosiveness as the season went on, have to make it work for another year.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...on-in-cap-cuts
    Never bet on a player that's not willing to bet on himself

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

lol

Antonio Brown: “I haven’t done anything that bad”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hing-that-bad/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Wow!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

LMAO...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    What the hell!

I really want to see the ending of that video...lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

maybe that weight machine knock some common sense into him

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    maybe that weight machine knock some common sense into him
    More than likely, it knocked out the last two marbles he had rolling around
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-