Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    Wonder is he jizzed on her back after the interview?
    Lonely island should remix the jizz in my pants song to jizz on your back feat. AB

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The AB "apology" tour continued this morning with an interview on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh. As usual AB went off the rails and started blaming folks rather than stay on track with the scripted message of contrition.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Are “fruscrations” the same as frustrations? Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The AB "apology" tour continued this morning with an interview on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh. As usual AB went off the rails and started blaming folks rather than stay on track with the scripted message of contrition.

Is there an example of how JuJu disrespected him?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is there an example of how JuJu disrespected him?
    Brown says Smith-Schuster disrespected him when JuJu posted a photo of himself scoring a touchdown against the Raiders after it was announced AB was traded to Oakland.

"JuJu Smith-Schuster was a young guy, when he was in college [he talked] so much about how he looked up to me, so much how he wanted to work with me. And then you get a chance to work with me, you have your best season ever, I'm about to leave and post a picture of you scoring a touchdown on the team I'm going saying, 'You ready?' That's a form of disrespect."

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...n-morning-show

Maybe he’s “12-Stepping”?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Damage control. Please take a chance on me, well if you have Tom Brady or at least some other elite QB

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Brown says Smith-Schuster disrespected him when JuJu posted a photo of himself scoring a touchdown against the Raiders after it was announced AB was traded to Oakland.

"JuJu Smith-Schuster was a young guy, when he was in college [he talked] so much about how he looked up to me, so much how he wanted to work with me. And then you get a chance to work with me, you have your best season ever, I'm about to leave and post a picture of you scoring a touchdown on the team I'm going saying, 'You ready?' That's a form of disrespect."

Meh...that could be disrespecting IF you were sour about leaving. But if you’re buddies and former teammates, that’s some good natured ribbing...

Where’s the apology to Big Ben?

So, I had hopes that AB was turning a corner with his apologies to the Steelers, the Rooneys, Tomlin, and Ben R this morning in his interview. Unfortunately, as I kept listening, it sounds like the same old AB.

- - - Updated - - -

Earlier in the interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Earlier in the interview.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Buried somewhere in these ramblings that apparently are verbatim quotes in the paywalled article on the interview in The Athletic

“Of course I am pissed off at a guy like Ben Roethlisberger for nine years and being able to do what nobody in history has been able to do and that guy doesn’t even treat me with respect,” said Brown not long after apologizing to Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin and Art Rooney. “Over the course of time, a lot built up.”...

“Ben is nonchalant to what people think about him,” Brown said. “People talk behind his back but not really share to his face, so a lot of people who deal with Ben is not dealing with him with the reality of what it is. They are really nervous to tell him what he really is based on his position. A guy like me, we had a real heart-to-heart and hashed it out, but a lot of stuff built up and it was too late.

“Do I hate Ben? No. Do I love Ben? Yes. Ben is a great guy, a great person, a great quarterback and all the disappointments frustration we had could’ve been hashed out, but when egos and emotions get involved, a lot of things go different ways. He got JuJu Smith-Schuster. I guess, you know, that worked better for him.”

https://theathletic.com/1588486/2020...-the-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Buried somewhere in these ramblings that apparently are verbatim quotes in the paywalled article on the interview in The Athletic

“Of course I am pissed off at a guy like Ben Roethlisberger for nine years and being able to do what nobody in history has been able to do and that guy doesn’t even treat me with respect,” said Brown not long after apologizing to Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin and Art Rooney. “Over the course of time, a lot built up.”...

“Ben is nonchalant to what people think about him,” Brown said. “People talk behind his back but not really share to his face, so a lot of people who deal with Ben is not dealing with him with the reality of what it is. They are really nervous to tell him what he really is based on his position. A guy like me, we had a real heart-to-heart and hashed it out, but a lot of stuff built up and it was too late.

“Do I hate Ben? No. Do I love Ben? Yes. Ben is a great guy, a great person, a great quarterback and all the disappointments frustration we had could’ve been hashed out, but when egos and emotions get involved, a lot of things go different ways. He got JuJu Smith-Schuster. I guess, you know, that worked better for him.”

https://theathletic.com/1588486/2020...-the-steelers/
    Sounds like an apology...

Fuck it...bring back Bell and Brown. Win back-to-back and then blow it up for something new...

Found pictures of Hines disrespecting AB...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He sounds like a junior high student...

I’m sorry... that you suck.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Fuck it...bring back Bell and Brown. Win back-to-back and then blow it up for something new...
    Is it bad that I'm good with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Yeah, like I'm sorry...that i got caught.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Is it bad that I'm good with that?
    Probably...lol.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

AB is not a crook.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

AB still all butt hurt and jealous over Ju Ju. Can't wait for Ju Ju's stats to go up next season with Ben if for no other reason than to make AB more jealous than he already is.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/07/steelers-antonio-brown-juju-smith-schuster/

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Fuck it...bring back Bell and Brown.
    I welcome the opportunity to bring AB back and then trade him again for a 3rd and a 5th...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

To a narcissistic person, everything is about them, and they think everyone is jealous of them. AB probably painted a picture in his head that the picture of juju scoring a TD against Oakland had malicious intentions and he was totally envious of brown, even if it wasn't the case.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I welcome the opportunity to bring AB back and then trade him again for a 3rd and a 5th...

That's the best idea i've heard in a while!

Colbert....make it happen!

So the lawyer representing him in the sexual assault case has withdrawn from representing AB...lol.

Man, you can’t get any lower than agents and lawyers running away from you...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

AB apologizes to Ben one year later ...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...good-i-had-it/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It's really hard to figure out what to make of this latest apology. It actually read like a real apology this time. I'd love so much for that guy to get it together. My nature is to be merciful so if he was sincere, I'd easily forgive. I just need to see more of this and know that it wasn't a show to get back in the league.

As someone who's screwed up badly in the past and still having it held against me, I'm a bit sympathetic toward someone who's genuinely trying to right the wrongs and have a second chance. Is he genuine? I guess time will tell, but as much as I thought this guy was being an idiot, it'd be nice to see him turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It's really hard to figure out what to make of this latest apology. It actually read like a real apology this time. I'd love so much for that guy to get it together. My nature is to be merciful so if he was sincere, I'd easily forgive. I just need to see more of this and know that it wasn't a show to get back in the league.
    Still a little too coherent to be from his mouth/fingers...

If he shows it in person, I can forgive.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Today’s apology was what was supposed to happen last week during the interview on 93.7

But that was live where nobody could filter AB’s chattering, so no surprise the apology went into the ditch and we got this instead

So it was back to sending out written material someone can edit, which presumably was how we got today’s Instagram apology - doubtful it is much more than more spin

Of course this is all a sideshow- resolving the sexual assault civil lawsuit is what needs to happen before Roger lets AB back on the field