Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Florio siding with AB. Weird. Florio usually chooses the “correct” side of most debates.

In a nutshell, Florio is saying that the NFL isn’t interviewing AB to make a ruling on their Player Conduct Policy. Duh. AB isn’t a current employee of the NFL; so, the NFL shouldn’t be looking into his personal matters.

No team is going to sign AB with that interview (and immediate suspension) looming over him. Because, as I understand it, if he’s under contract, that team has responsibility to honor the contract (pay him). And, no team wants to pay for a guy who’s about to be suspended.

SUMMATION:
    AB is unofficially retired.
    I thought you didn't have to pay players while they were suspended? But either way, a couple things are for certain - if he does find a team, he's not getting a signing bonus, and he's sure as hell not going to be signed by anyone this year.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

AB will never catch Jerry Rice, that is certain.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

No team is going to sign AB with that interview (and immediate suspension) looming over him. Because, as I understand it, if he’s under contract, that team has responsibility to honor the contract (pay him). And, no team wants to pay for a guy who’s about to be suspended.

SUMMATION:
    And he has nobody but himself to blame.

And Ben.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Florio siding with AB. Weird. Florio usually chooses the “correct” side of most debates.

In a nutshell, Florio is saying that the NFL isn’t interviewing AB to make a ruling on their Player Conduct Policy. Duh. AB isn’t a current employee of the NFL; so, the NFL shouldn’t be looking into his personal matters.

SUMMATION:
    Florio keeps posting about the NFL stalling on its interview of AB. I may have missed it, but has Rosenhaus played the PR card to demand the interview be held ASAP so AB can "get his good name back" and bring joy to his many fans by getting back on the field?

AB melted down during his deposition in the civil suit brought by the landlord. Given that could happen again and any statements AB made in his interview with the league could presumably be obtained by the attorneys for the plaintiff who filed the pending sexual assault civil lawsuit, consider the possibility Rosenhaus and AB's attorneys might have no interest in pushing for an interview.

Deal that informally may be worked out is AB sits out this season, comes back in 2020, and AB's attorneys try to settle the assault lawsuit before then (yeah I know he said he didn't do anything - so did other NFL players who settled sexual assault civil suits). In the mean time Rosenhaus and Roger make nice while hoping AB does not blow everything up.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I thought you didn't have to pay players while they were suspended? But either way, a couple things are for certain - if he does find a team, he's not getting a signing bonus, and he's sure as hell not going to be signed by anyone this year.
    That could be correct. I’m not certain.

I do recall something about the Taperiots dodging a bullet by agreeing to AB’s release a mere 48 hours before his bump in pay. Around that same time, it was mentioned (or I perceived it to be) that had AB been suspended before he had been released, that entire contract would have counted against the Taperiots.

How crazy would this be:
    AB has already been paid $21 million by the Steelers for this season. If we pay an additional $1 million, he’d be on our roster again. What if no one else takes on AB... and then, the Steelers bring him back right before the playoffs.

There is ZERO chance the Steelers would EVER take on that headache again. But, if my contract law is up to par (I drove past a Holiday Inn last night), then it is a sliiiiight possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Florio keeps posting about the NFL stalling on its interview of AB. I may have missed it, but has Rosenhaus played the PR card to demand the interview be held ASAP so AB can "get his good name back" and bring joy to his many fans by getting back on the field?

AB melted down during his deposition in the civil suit brought by the landlord. Given that could happen again and any statements AB made in his interview with the league could presumably be obtained by the attorneys for the plaintiff who filed the pending sexual assault civil lawsuit, consider the possibility Rosenhaus and AB's attorneys might have no interest in pushing for an interview.

Deal that informally may be worked out is AB sits out this season, comes back in 2020, and AB's attorneys try to settle the assault lawsuit before then (yeah I know he said he didn't do anything - so did other NFL players who settled sexual assault civil suits). In the mean time Rosenhaus and Roger make nice while hoping AB does not blow everything up.
    Yep AB’s own lawyers had to pull him aside several times, because he lost control. He was (essentially) yelling at the judge: “Do you know who I am!?!”

If AB ever does come back to the NFL, they should air that interview live. It’d set all kinds of Neilson ratings.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

That could be correct. I’m not certain.

I do recall something about the Taperiots dodging a bullet by agreeing to AB’s release a mere 48 hours before his bump in pay. Around that same time, it was mentioned (or I perceived it to be) that had AB been suspended before he had been released, that entire contract would have counted against the Taperiots.

How crazy would this be:
    AB has already been paid $21 million by the Steelers for this season. If we pay an additional $1 million, he’d be on our roster again. What if no one else takes on AB... and then, the Steelers bring him back right before the playoffs.

There is ZERO chance the Steelers would EVER take on that headache again. But, if my contract law is up to par (I drove past a Holiday Inn last night), then it is a sliiiiight possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep AB’s own lawyers had to pull him aside several times, because he lost control. He was (essentially) yelling at the judge: “Do you know who I am!?!”

If AB ever does come back to the NFL, they should air that interview live. It’d set all kinds of Neilson ratings.

Just once in my life I would like to stand up in front of authority and ask someone with immensely more power and influence than me "Do you know who I am??!!" It would be a seminal moment for me.

On second thought......No I wouldn't!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Just once in my life I would like to stand up in front of authority and ask someone with immensely more power and influence than me "Do you know who I am??!!" It would be a seminal moment for me.
    Me, too! Until the judge says...nope. Never heard of you.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Who is going to have more yards this season, Antonio Brown or LeVeon Bell???

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Hilarious I wonder if he can also reverse translate? Like taking a normal ordinary tweet and convert it into ABism so that AB can better understand what people are saying back to him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'm surprised anyone would put that much of their business out there like that. Somewhere Mayweather is laughing at 8 figures being the 'new money team although $500k/year return @ 2% isn't terrible.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Seahawks were kicking the tires

Before they claimed wide receiver Josh Gordon on waivers Friday, the Seattle Seahawks had been doing their due diligence on free-agent receiver Antonio Brown, league sources told ESPN.

Even star quarterback Russell Wilson was pushing the Seahawks to sign Brown before they claimed Gordon, according to sources....

As of Sunday, the NFL hasn't interviewed Brown about the accusations, which would suggest that the league is not close to making a decision at this time.

NFL teams appear to be waiting for the league's findings before signing Brown. While the investigation continues, Brown waits for employment.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-josh-gordon

Strange how Rosenhaus keeps saying teams are interested in AB, which at the right price no doubt is true, but does not demand AB's interview be held.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Over/under on number of years it will take for that balance to be reduced to zero: 3

Also, leave it to a brainiac like Brown to have $24+ million stashed in a money market account that is only insured by the FDIC for $250K.

T-Bills, dumbass, T-Bills...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

At least everyone knows how much to sue him for now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Antonio Brown is scheduled to meet with the NFL next week concerning accusations of sexually assaulting multiple women, sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Thursday.

Brown is eager to present his side and there are teams interested in signing him, pending resolution of the league's wide-ranging investigation, sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-nfl-next-week

I cannot imagine the league will clear him completely - if so Roger will catch hell.

With 8 weeks left in the regular season maybe a 4-6 week suspension in time for AB to be signed for a playoff push?

IMO he is gone until 2020

Update

So of course after ESPN reports an interview has been scheduled stable genius AB promptly sends this tweet (which now has been deleted)

"Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly!" Brown said on Twitter. "Making money off my sweat and blood F--- the @nfl I'll never play in that s--- treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go f--- your self."

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 11-07-2019 at 04:53 PM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Apparently Rosenhaus regained control of the AB Twitter account this afternoon

There’s no misspellings, there’s punctuation and it’s cohesive...NOT AB...lol

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Coherent language, no obsenities, not evoking God's name in an attempt to make himself look good, looks like it came from a civilized person. Yep Rosenhaus typed it.

Antonio Brown's obscenity-laden tweet directed at the NFL is the latest puzzling decision the free agent wide receiver has made regarding the league. Could his accusations be part of a broader attempt to build a collusion case against the NFL and its teams?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/08/is...campaign=sinow

Or could AB's conduct simply be due to a significant mental illness for which he is not receiving appropriate treatment?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Social Media Feels Like They’ve Uncovered Antonio Brown’s MULTIPLE Burner Accounts

https://dailysnark.com/social-media-...rner-accounts/

I think we (Steelers Universe) morning uncovered those long ago...lol

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Antonio Brown's obscenity-laden tweet directed at the NFL is the latest puzzling decision the free agent wide receiver has made regarding the league. Could his accusations be part of a broader attempt to build a collusion case against the NFL and its teams?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/08/is...campaign=sinow

Or could AB's conduct simply be due to a significant mental illness for which he is not receiving appropriate treatment?

I suspect your analysis is closer to the truth.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

They should make AB’s meeting with Goodell a live pay-per-view event. Really. It’d make millions.

They should make AB’s meeting with Goodell a live pay-per-view event. Really. It’d make millions.
    Seriously...ise that money to help move the Chargers back to San Diego...lol

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I'd burn my last vacation day of the year to stay home to watch it.

Barring a significant turn of events, Antonio Brown is not expected to play again this season, league sources told ESPN.

Brown is continuing to push for his return to the NFL, and he is scheduled to meet with the league Thursday to address the sexual assault allegations he faces, but obstacles await the free-agent wide receiver at every step.

If Brown were to get an offer from any of the three teams that have been in contact with him, the NFL would be prepared to place him on the commissioner's exempt list, according to sources.

If Brown is placed on the commissioner's exempt list, the team that signed him would have to pay him until the league's investigation is resolved, which might not happen before the season ends.

Additionally, Brown has not turned over all of the evidence the NFL has requested to gain a broader understanding of his case, according to a source.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...y-again-season

Probably not a best practice to fail to produce information sought by the league office if you want to resolve the investigation ASAP.

And good luck on getting a team to sign you and have to pay you while it is uncertain when or how the investigation winds up.

Wide receiver Antonio Brown's meeting Thursday with the NFL to address sexual assault allegations against him lasted about eight hours, and there could be follow-ups before a decision is made about his future, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson....

The source said Brown felt it went well and that he was responsive to the NFL's questions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lasted-8-hours

Of course for "the source" (aka Rosenhaus) an AB interview "went well" if no furniture was thrown and AB did not curse out the NFL reps