Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Antonio Brown accused of Rape

"Patriots rule Brandon Bolden out against Dolphins; Antonio Brown travels to Miami

Bolden being declared ‘out’ for tomorrow's game was not the only news to come out of Foxborough today: the Patriots also took wide receiver Antonio Brown with them to Miami. This does not yet guarantee that he will play against the Dolphins, but at this point anything else than him seeing at least some snaps would be a major surprise"

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/9/14...avels-to-miami

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

He's playing, bank on it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For sure.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Funny how hundreds of people on twitter are saying to wait for the facts, innocent until proven guilty..yadayada....but still call Ben a rapist.
    Even though I massively dislike AB, I still support that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Especially in cases rape is alleged, because that is a very popular way to destroy a man's career. See Dominique Strauss-Kahn who possibly would've become President of France had he not been falsely accused of sexual assault.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Not certain how that matches up with this ESPN story that the parties were in discussions for months and that the reason AB purportedly could not tell the Raiders or Patriots about the plaintiff’s allegations was to preserve the confidentiality of those discussions until a lawsuit was filed.

Representatives for New England Patriotsreceiver Antonio Brown and Britney Taylor were in discussions over the past few months, but agreed their communication would remain confidential until the filing of Taylor's civil sexual assault lawsuit, sources told ESPN on Thursday....

Though the exact nature of the talks has not been confirmed, it is common practice for settlement talks to occur before a civil filing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...d-civil-matter

If plaintiff simply wanted to announce her claims and get a trial those discussions could have consisted of “we are filing suit who can accept service of process for AB?” Plaintiff’s attorney may have said I am not going to bargain until I know whether you indicate the minimum you will pay but any settlement discussions presumably would have required more than an apology.

AB’s attorney said he would vigorously contest the furniture toss civil action and filed a motion to dismiss that case. Then it settled.

Just guessing here but very few civil cases make it to trial once a motion to dismiss is filed and is not granted
    Extremely interesting... and 180 from the thing that I had read*.

*It wasnt some blogger or sports rag. I read it on one of the biggies (SI, ESPN, Nickelodeon).

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Even though I massively dislike AB, I still support that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Especially in cases rape is alleged, because that is a very popular way to destroy a man's career. See Dominique Strauss-Kahn who possibly would've become President of France had he not been falsely accused of sexual assault.
    This case presents a moral paradox. While I am adamantly opposed to undermining the presumption of innocence because angry vindictive liberal feminists said so, it is also a bedrock principle to support anything bad that happens to the Patriots because they are scum, and to Tony Brown because he's a fuckin jerk.

Angry feminists versus Tony Brown. That's like having a choice between supporting dogshit and catshit.

Logically, the only acceptable outcome is for Tony Brown to get in a knife fight with angry feminists and everybody dies at the end.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

OK Rog....that's 2. Precedent.........

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    OK Rog....that's 2. Precedent.........
    Yep. 6 games (reducible to 4 provided he jumps through the necessary hoops). The honor of "The Shield" is at stake here, after all.

Yeah, right.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Uh, oh - looks like someone might be acting out already...

Antonio Brown leaves before speaking to media after Patriots blow out Dolphins

Given the investigation, Brown may not have wanted to face the media following his first game. By avoiding reporters, however, Brown broke the NFL media access policy.
    More like he wasn't the focal point of their offense, nor is he going to be and decided to slink off and sulk about it. That's a big part of his problem. That's what he does.

I could see Belichick telling him to do that though...

Antonio Brown farted in my face and still owes me $11,000: doctor

Antonio Brown’s former doctor says the football star repeatedly farted in his face and laughed about it during a consultation where he showed up three hours late — and claims the receiver still owes him $11,000 in unpaid fees, according to a new report.
    Dr. Victor Prisk said he was wary of signing the then-Pittsburgh Steeler because he had a reputation for being “flighty” and not paying his bills, but agreed to take him on as a client anyway, Sports Illustrated said Monday.

One of Brown’s acolytes took video of the noxious meeting in August 2018, obtained by TMZ, in which the footballer can be heard farting and laughing about it as Prisk tests his body fat.............

read more @ https://nypost.com/2019/09/16/antoni...site%20buttons

Antonio Brown accused of Rape

Lol. It’s not like that doctor is all that professional himself...

That story btw totally looks like an “Onion” story.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

So the doctor got paid with farts. The art of the deal right there.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol. It’s not like that doctor is all that professional himself...
    Agreed - seems pretty close to a HIPAA violation there...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I must admit AB has shown a real talent for assembling a creative variety of debts

Antonio Brown Accused of Owing $2,000 for an Aquarium Filled With Dead Piranhas

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/an...arium-piranhas

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown is no longer a Nike athlete amid allegations of sexual assault, according to The Boston Globe's Michael Silverman.

A spokesperson for Nike told the Globe on Wednesday night that "Antonio Brown is not a Nike athlete." When asked to elaborate on the reasoning or clarify the timing, the spokesperson declined.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/19/an...r-nike-athlete

I assumed endorsements for companies such as Pizza Hut and Pepsi were toast, but deals with the sports equipment companies are the last to go (Nike stuck with Tiger Woods when everyone else dumped him in 2010).

AB is officially toxic for peddling products.

Damn...almost made it 3 days with no Antonio Brown news.

AB fielded a few questions today at Gillette. Humble pie. "I'm grateful to be here. My thanks to Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. I have a lot of offense to learn. It's just about football here.........blah....blah........ I only want to help out........blah......blah.........is there any humble pie left? ............blah.....blah .............."

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

This is getting out of hand. AB probably is a certified nutjob but because he now is with the Cheats will get away with 4 games suspension.

On any other team it would've been at least for the rest of the season (like Josh Gordon, Ray Rice, Richie Incognito, Adrian Peterson) but if you're with the Cheats you get away with everything, probably that's the reason why AB wanted to go to New England so badly...

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

I mean how this guy hasn’t been put on any kind of “leave” is crazy...

Lisa Banks, the attorney for the latest accuser who wrote the NFL to stop this crap, is a high profile discrimination/whistleblower attorney in Washington

If Rosenhaus has lined up someone other than Heitner to represent AB it is time for those attorneys to take over, assuming anyone can control AB at this point

What a moron. Apparently he can't destroy his life fast enough.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I guess Roger Dodger wants to see AB catch passes from Tommy Boy, that's all I have right now