Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye, bye Skipper.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Bye, bye Skipper.

It was good while it lasted....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Bye, bye Skipper.

ticks me off

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Good for Skipper. He should see some PT for the Giants.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Good thing we got Holton back so he could stretch that Patriots defense.

I would have loved to see if he could have gotten to the QB last night. Could he have been worse than Dud Dupree?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Skipper must’ve really pissed off Danny Smith last week. I wish him the best, even if we never saw him.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, that was fuckin' stupid.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I hope TJs injury is just bumps and bruises

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Knock on wood if you’re with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Knock on wood if you’re with me.
    Haha I'm with you John.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

It's ok, everyone. We have Dupree.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Oh well. Professor Tomlin is gonna get on the coconut phone and find a replacement.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So they have to keep him on the 53, right? Pretty good chance that before the end of the season he is back on waivers. This is by no means the final goodbye for certain.

Although if this dude gets like 2 sacks at some point and I have spend all season watching Chickillo flail around....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This is why you don't release a guy like that.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So they have to keep him on the 53, right? Pretty good chance that before the end of the season he is back on waivers. This is by no means the final goodbye for certain.

Although if this dude gets like 2 sacks at some point and I have spend all season watching Chickillo flail around....
    ... then you'll go "Hey, wasn't that steelreserve fellow bitching all offseason about how they should've let Chickillo go and trusted they could find a rookie to replace him? Should have listened to THAT guy, you assholes! Fuck you, Tomlin!"

Or something to that effect, is my guess.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    ... then you'll go "Hey, wasn't that steelreserve fellow bitching all offseason about how they should've let Chickillo go and trusted they could find a rookie to replace him? Should have listened to THAT guy, you assholes! Fuck you, Tomlin!"

Or something to that effect, is my guess.
    Sounds about right!

I'm a fan of getting rid of Chick. It is just that I can understand why the signed him also.

I guess we will get to see where Skipper ends up and how his NFL career plays out. Maybe he is the next Howard Jones? Or maybe the next Deebo?

I guess we will get to see where Skipper ends up and how his NFL career plays out. Maybe he is the next Howard Jones? Or maybe the next Deebo?
    Hey, even if he turns out to be the next Tony Chickillo, it would've been a win for us ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Hey, even if he turns out to be the next Tony Chickillo, it would've been a win for us ...
    You’re starting to win me over. But I’ll change my mind in like two days as I have some new random brain storm.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Stop worrying, we picked up yet another Toledo LB.

Steelers add Jayrone Elliott to the 53-man roster, sign Devlin Hodges to the practice squad

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...practice-squad

Championshp!!

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Steelers add Jayrone Elliott to the 53-man roster, sign Devlin Hodges to the practice squad

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...practice-squad

Championshp!!
    I like Hodges to the PS, though. We knew what we had with Dobbs and it wasn't going to get any better: One brilliant scramble on 3rd and long for a 1st down followed by three head-scratchers sailing the ball over the WR's head on crossing routes.

Adding a 5th round pick and bringing Hodges back to the PS makes losing Skipper a little more palatable.

However, Jayrone Elliott to the 53? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    I like Hodges to the PS, though. We knew what we had with Dobbs and it wasn't going to get any better: One brilliant scramble on 3rd and long for a 1st down followed by three head-scratchers sailing the ball over the WR's head on crossing routes.

Adding a 5th round pick and bringing Hodges back to the PS makes losing Skipper a little more palatable.

Internet is saying Nix is out for several weeks. So Elliott comes on to play special teams?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/st...seahawks-game/

Internet is saying Nix is out for several weeks. So Elliott comes on to play special teams?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/st...seahawks-game/
    I'm thinking w/TJ's hip injury, that's why Elliott was brought in but now that I just found out about Nix, then ST's makes sense.

Was Nix even in the game Sun night? I thought him and Vance went out and partied in Boston Sun night and skipped the game.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post

They should have put Hodges on the 53 instead of make him vulnerable to poaching as well

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

All the Elliott signing tells me is that they mismanaged that roster move...

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    They should have put Hodges on the 53 instead of make him vulnerable to poaching as well
    I think the reason they don't do that is because being on the practice squad just means he is free to sign with any team, but there is nothing stopping us from signing him or temporarily activating him either. And to sign a player from another team's practice squad, you have to keep him on the roster for the full season, which is no joke.

Whereas to send a player from the active roster to the practice squad, he has to clear waivers, and any other team can claim him with no restrictions, and you get no chance to do anything about it, and it's regardless of whether the player wants to come back to your team or not. So if there is any chance Hodges would not be on the roster the whole year, to send him down we would need to go through that process, and it would be easier for other teams to poach him. It is actually safer to keep a player on the practice squad if you are likely to send him down again, because of the whole-year requirement. We found that out the hard way with Skipper. I think it is pretty likely we would send Hodges back down at some point, if not a dead certainty.

All the Elliott signing tells me is that they mismanaged that roster move...
    Got that right.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Got that right.
    They took a gamble (with a nice upside player) and lost...hopefully it’s just another Josh Mauro (?) type deal?

They took a gamble (with a nice upside player) and lost...hopefully it’s just another Josh Mauro (?) type deal?
    Yeah! I hope he fuckin SUCKS!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Dammit, that's not the same thing.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Another bad move by Tomlin. Skipper was among our best 53, young and loaded with upside.

Has anyone (fan favorite camp hero) been let go and went on to have a “good” career with another team?