Thread: First 3 weeks are a mess every year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

First 3 weeks are a mess every year.

I’m completely sold on play your starters in every preseason game. There were so many just bad games this week. I put a lot of the blame on lack of game speed reps. Start with the Bears/Packers snooze fest of mistakes. I think the Browns committed a penalty on every play. And NFL fans just keep throwing money at them. Selling crack to crackheads.

Wake me up at week 7...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: First 3 weeks are a mess every year.

Steelers don't wanna peak too soon this season again?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Steelers don't wanna peak too soon this season again?
    I'm referring to 90% of the teams stunk it up Sunday. The Saints and Texans have a good game going right now but the vast majority of these early week games(1st month) tend to be one sided or both teams look like they're trying to lose. Same last season and the season before and the season before.....

Not a Steelers oriented thread.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I’m completely sold on play your starters in every preseason game. There were so many just bad games this week. I put a lot of the blame on lack of game speed reps. Start with the Bears/Packers snooze fest of mistakes. I think the Browns committed a penalty on every play. And NFL fans just keep throwing money at them. Selling crack to crackheads.

Wake me up at week 7...
    I AGREE 100% That's what amazes me so much every year when some say that 'preseason' should be elimanated or shorten. Are ya kidding ?! Most teams, especially the Steeler's, come out of preseason falling all over themselves, running wrong routes, just unprepared and undisciplined. I hate to see the franchise players play and get injured for the regular season, but I can't see why they couldn't take quite a few snaps every game and run some plays to get the 'timing' and routes down and understood game speed.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm referring to 90% of the teams stunk it up Sunday. The Saints and Texans have a good game going right now but the vast majority of these early week games(1st month) tend to be one sided or both teams look like they're trying to lose. Same last season and the season before and the season before.....

Not a Steelers oriented thread.
    Now add in another turd laid by Scam Newton and the boys in Week 2. Ye gads he was horrid.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Now add in another turd laid by Scam Newton and the boys in Week 2. Ye gads he was horrid.
    He’s got to be hurt, right? Or he is washed up really quickly.