Thread: I've seen enough, NE is winning their 7th ring and nobody can stop it

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I've seen enough, NE is winning their 7th ring and nobody can stop it

Who's stopping NE? Certainly not us. Tomlin is running another shit show of underperformers, and now doesn't have AB or Bell drama to blame. He looks like he went into the game with the same exact gameplan as last year, not expecting Billy B to make any adjustments whatsoever, and stood there shocked like a deer in headlights when they actually adapted to it (lol)

Not saying the Steelers can't have a 'successful' season, I totally think they could still go 10-6 or so and make the playoffs. But judging by what I saw, they could still just as likely go 8-8 or worse.

On to the Patriots, anybody else as sick of them as I am? 20 years of this bullshit, and they're still in the mix. Not a single coach comes close to Belichick, and Brady at 42 is still the same insufferable jagoff he was when he was 22. I'm tired of these guys, even the Cowboys dynasty was only 8 years or so. I seriously can't watch this anymore, especially with AB on that team now. Literally my hate for this team outweighs my love for the Steelers or the actual game by miles. So I'm already throwing in the towel on the season. Has nothing to do with the Steelers but everything to do with the Patriots. I'm not watching this season, they're winning another championship this year and I refuse to witness it. See you guys next year (maybe)

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: I've seen enough, NE is winning their 7th ring and nobody can stop it

I'm trying hard to not hate them as much so losing to them and seeing them win the Super Bowl won't hurt as bad. This offseason has made me hate the Browns more than any other team, so I really enjoyed watching Tenn spank them.

It's a long season and I still think the Steelers win 10-11 games and make the playoffs. There's always a chance that Brady breaks his leg.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Psh...next year too

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Everyone is so delicate and emotionally fragile. I would hate to see what happens when something that actually matters goes wrong in real life.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It's more like "when something stops becoming fun, then why bother". Sundays for sure will be more productive than getting drunk and disappointed

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It's more like "when something stops becoming fun, then why bother". Sundays for sure will be more productive than getting drunk and disappointed
    Fair enough. I enjoy several other things about the NFL than the outcome of the Steelers game. Of course, your individual mileage can and will vary!

I was grumpy and pissed off for the duration of the game and like 30 minutes afterwards. But then I hung out with my better half, watched a movie and moved onwards and upwards.

It's just the NFL. Not like it actually matters.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe a good idea, 2019 is gonna be an awful year of NFL football in general. The best game from week 1 was tie between the Lions and Cardinals, think about that

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fair enough. I enjoy several other things about the NFL than the outcome of the Steelers game. Of course, your individual mileage can and will vary!

I was grumpy and pissed off for the duration of the game and like 30 minutes afterwards. But then I hung out with my better half, watched a movie and moved onwards and upwards.

It's just the NFL. Not like it actually matters.
    Agreed about it not actually mattering, which is why I have found it to be an entertaining diversion for decades. As Henry Kissinger supposedly once replied when asked why meetings of the Harvard faculty were so tumultuous, the emotions are so high because the stakes are so low.

But when one team (other then the Steelers of course) is playing in the AFC conference championship game and usually the Super Bowl every year, it has taken away from my overall enjoyment of the league and is a factor in my reduced viewing of games other than Steelers games.

There of course have been NFL dynasties before New England, but IMO the length of their dominance and their uniquely loathsome image is not good for the league. There are probably a number of reasons we no longer read about each Super Bowl setting a new record for total number of viewers, but I would wager Pats fatigue has played a part. I think I am not alone in the AB signing being some sort of culmination of why that franchise is disliked for both how it acts and how it dominates.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

19-0 for the Pats. 2007 part II with a different ending.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed about it not actually mattering, which is why I have found it to be an entertaining diversion for decades. As Henry Kissinger supposedly once replied when asked why meetings of the Harvard faculty were so tumultuous, the emotions are so high because the stakes are so low.

But when one team (other then the Steelers of course) is playing in the AFC conference championship game and usually the Super Bowl every year, it has taken away from my overall enjoyment of the league and is a factor in my reduced viewing of games other than Steelers games.

There of course have been NFL dynasties before New England, but IMO the length of their dominance and their uniquely loathsome image is not good for the league. There are probably a number of reasons we no longer read about each Super Bowl setting a new record for total number of viewers, but I would wager Pats fatigue has played a part. I think I am not alone in the AB signing being some sort of culmination of why that franchise is disliked for both how it acts and how it dominates.
    Fair enough. Nothing the Patriots do or see really has an impact on my enjoyment of the NFL as a hobby/diversion. Am I tired of them winning? Sure. Does it really matter to me? Not enough to make me find another diversion on Sundays during the season. Can't seem to find the emotional/mental energy to take it that seriously.

But that is just my take. Doesn't mean anyone else has to feel that way.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Honestly, I enjoy a really close football game regardless of the teams playing. Sometimes I enjoy Steelers games less because I care who wins. It used to be that if the Steelers lost I wouldn’t want to watch any other games. Now I still enjoy them just the same.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The only thing stopping this 7th ring is AB's ego/mental problems

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This has all been a secret ploy hatched by Colbert back in February... to get Brown to the Patriots to destroy their evil empire from within. Upon completion of the assignment, he will return to the Steelers next year and resume his HOF career. Brilliant!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    He will be on his best behavior.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Honestly though the NFL has been subpar recently. 2017 was complete dogpoop, the worst season I had ever seen (numerous blowouts, the same few teams winning, no parity, the AFC had like 3 teams good teams that year). 2018 was better by default but still very subpar. And then you get to 2019 where so far the best game involved the Lions and the Cardinals tying eachother. Seriously, and it's not like there are more than a few also rans or any of the teams besides New England don't have major question marks

Also, honestly, I view this football season as little more than an approximate amount of time until Better Call Saul season 5 airs (I am assuming that will air shortly after the season ends)