Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Dobbs traded to the Jaguars for 5th round pick

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Josh Dobbs traded to the Jaguars for 5th round pick

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: Josh Dobbs traded to the Jaguars for 5th round pick

I wonder if they'll bring Devlin Hodges back. He looked good in the preseason.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Great job by Colbert. Waited until a desperate team came calling.

I'll assume Hodges will be coming back.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    That trade could come back to bite the Steelers when Ben retires before the end of this season

Deion Sanders predicts Ben Roethlisberger will retire before the end of the season

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wish Dobbs good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The Jags are getting a great young man!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The Jags are getting a great young man!
    They are indeed, wish him all the best!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Finally, some goods news about the team.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Great job by Colbert. Waited until a desperate team came calling.

I'll assume Hodges will be coming back.
    or do they sign Skipper back?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    One goes to PS and one to active roster. Which one goes where?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Promote Skipper and sign Hodges to the PS? I'd like that.

Not sure the Steelers would do it though.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d stick Holton back on the PS...no point in having him on an active roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d stick Holton back on the PS...no point in having him on an active roster.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. A repeat performance like the one Moncrief had will earn him his walking papers

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Remember: We got as much for Dobbs and Martavis Bryant as we did by paying Tony Brown $21 million to play for the Patriots.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

A 5th for Dobbs is highway robbery. That guy couldn't hit the floor if he fell out of bed.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Promote Skipper and sign Hodges to the PS? I'd like that.

Not sure the Steelers would do it though.
    They waived Skipper a day ago. Unless they signed him to the PS, there is no way to promote him if he isn't under contract.

I honestly cant remember the last time the Steelers used 3 QB in a game, so it would not really be a stretch to me if they only kept 2 on the roster on one on practice squad. I agree, that getting a 5th for Dobbs is more Colbert magic. Not quite as good as the Martavis Bryant deal.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Great trade for the Steelers. I hope the best for Dobbs.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    That trade could come back to bite the Steelers when Ben retires before the end of this season

Deion Sanders predicts Ben Roethlisberger will retire before the end of the season

I agree with Deion, Ben looked like he'd rather be somewhere else and it started early in that game. Its also possible Ben has realizing just how damaged the culture is in Pittsburgh under Tomlin and is just fed up, Ben is a great competitor but last night looked like more than rust.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

A game where everyone knew we’d lose(except me, a homer) we do lose and now our QB is retiring. Deion should get a job with CNN, just spew shit and hope it sticks. Hall of famers dont quit after one awful game, they go back work harder and hope and pray they get revenge in playoffs. I’m as bummed as the rest but hardly ready to pack in without even playing anyone from division yet. A few years ago people wrote Brady off after early season blowout from chiefs, probably even Deion. We all know how that turned out.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I wish Dobbs the best he is a good guy.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    I agree with Deion, Ben looked like he'd rather be somewhere else and it started early in that game. Its also possible Ben has realizing just how damaged the culture is in Pittsburgh under Tomlin and is just fed up, Ben is a great competitor but last night looked like more than rust.
    The more important thing is age. If you look at Ben and Brady when they first came into the league, Brady at 42 looks almost the same, because he eats right, works out right, takes care of his body right and WANTS to play into his late 40's. Ben on the other hand looked heavy, and out of shape last night.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    The more important thing is age. If you look at Ben and Brady when they first came into the league, Brady at 42 looks almost the same, because he eats right, works out right, takes care of his body right and WANTS to play into his late 40's. Ben on the other hand looked heavy, and out of shape last night.
    So gained weight and got out of shape since training camp??

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

No he never was in shape is my point. The guy is 37. At that age if you want to continue playing you have to change your diet, and workout routine. Look at guys like Brees and Brady. they both look to be in great shape. Ben is not.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Omg...no he didn't

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Brees and Brady have totally different kinds of bodies than Ben. Big. Ben.

Just stop with the constant whining about one thing then the next.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Brees and Brady have totally different kinds of bodies than Ben. Big. Ben.

Just stop with the constant whining about one thing then the next.
    C’mon, without occasional whining or complaining this site wouldn’t be the same.
    Fans saw the Steelers suck in all aspects of the game, looking unprepared, getting outcoached and outplayed.
    The players and coaches deserve to feel the heat from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    C’mon, without occasional whining or complaining this site wouldn’t be the same.
    Fans saw the Steelers suck in all aspects of the game, looking unprepared, getting outcoached and outplayed.
    The players and coaches deserve to feel the heat from the fans.
    You're right. But the same tired old cliches are getting unbearable. All reports and pictures out of camp showed Ben in better shape than ever. He had slimmed down and looked sharp. He didn't suddenly gain 40 pounds in the last month.

Brady eats nothing but seaweed for pete's sake.

Ben is called Big Ben for a reason. He has always been.........a big guy.

Plus it derailed this post about Dobbs being traded into another whine fest about Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I agree.

For such a bad loss this forum is actually pretty quiet. Not quite in midseason form as far as the whining and complaining. I think we may collectively be trying to deny that game ever happened. like MIB mind erasing.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I agree.

For such a bad loss this forum is actually pretty quiet. Not quite in midseason form as far as the whining and complaining. I think we may collectively be trying to deny that game ever happened. like MIB mind erasing.
    What game?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

You're right. But the same tired old cliches are getting unbearable. All reports and pictures out of camp showed Ben in better shape than ever. He had slimmed down and looked sharp. He didn't suddenly gain 40 pounds in the last month.

Brady eats nothing but seaweed for pete's sake.

Ben is called Big Ben for a reason. He has always been.........a big guy.

Plus it derailed this post about Dobbs being traded into another whine fest about Ben.
    One thing is for sure Neither Ben or Brady hits the weight room.