Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington should be our WR2

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Washington should be our WR2

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Wasn't Moncreif supposed to be a valuable asset to the team? Wasn't Ben supposedly getting comfortable with him. And yet he emulated Limas Sweed. Also why the hell have about 90% of the people the Steelers have signed or traded for in free agent either done nothing for this team or actively hurt this team. I think what is overlooked is that the free agent signings in general have been pure dog vomit the past 5 or so seasons in general (before anyone says Joe Haden, hence why I said 90%).
    Ben proved Sunday he is comfortable with Monty. Monty can catch so far, somebody needs to find Monty some old AB gloves laying around somewhere.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Its too bad Steelers went for the budget bin in free agency. Pretty sure they were interested in Tyrell Williams as well, I know the raiders paid big bucks but the dude looked awesome on Monday night. Caught the ball with his hands, imagine that a receiver actually using their hands and in traffic to boot.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Its too bad Steelers went for the budget bin in free agency. Pretty sure they were interested in Tyrell Williams as well, I know the raiders paid big bucks but the dude looked awesome on Monday night. Caught the ball with his hands, imagine that a receiver actually using their hands and in traffic to boot.
    I was always taught you catch with your hands but pull it in to the body ASAP. Monty just needs to catch period and don't care which method he uses. Anyways the better wr's in the league don't need taught nothing and comes natural to them.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The silver lining in all of this: Moncrief was open & targeted ten times (and was open on several other plays). He dropped six of those targets, but at least the guy is getting separation from DBs.

Fast-forward: Ben is going to hit an open receiver. Every time. Why force the ball to a receiver being smothered by a DB? Moncrief simply has to catch those balls.

Junior Member Array title="lt194camaroz is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I wanted williams as well and didn't think he would get that much more than moncrief. I knew he was good bc I've had him on my fantasy team in the past and the only reason the Chargers were moving on from him was bc they had 2 studs in Allen and Mike Williams.