Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official "How Did the Refs Blow That Call?" Thread (Non-Steelers)

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: The Official "How Did the Refs Blow That Call?" Thread (Non-Steelers)

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I figured there'd be several of these discussions this year, so why not make a single thread for all of them?

First up, the "fumble" by Dalton in the Bengals-Seahawks game in the last few seconds. How was that incomplete pass overturned and ruled a fumble? Unbelievable.
    Yeah...but it was the Bengals so who cares!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I figured there'd be several of these discussions this year, so why not make a single thread for all of them?

First up, the "fumble" by Dalton in the Bengals-Seahawks game in the last few seconds. How was that incomplete pass overturned and ruled a fumble? Unbelievable.
    Play initially was ruled a fumble so burden of proof to overturn it was on calling it an incomplete pass

Always helps to wear patriotic red white & blue colors as opposed to Halloween colors to overturn call on the field

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Detriot Arizona late hit out of bounds not called in OT. Would have given Arizona first and goal, instead 3rd down remains and they kick a field goal. Game is tied right now and still going

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Play initially was ruled a fumble so burden of proof to overturn it was on calling it an incomplete pass

Always helps to wear patriotic red white & blue colors as opposed to Halloween colors to overturn call on the field
    Hmm. I thought the original call was an incomplete pass. No?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Official "How Did the Refs Blow That Call?" Thread (Non-Steelers)

If I recall correctly, that was ruled a fumble from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Detriot Arizona late hit out of bounds not called in OT. Would have given Arizona first and goal, instead 3rd down remains and they kick a field goal. Game is tied right now and still going
    That wasn’t a late hit. That would’ve been an extremely tricky tacky call.

Here’s to Bruce Arians for winning the first PI challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The officiating is at an all time horrendous level. Calls and non calls. The NFL should be thoroughly embarrassed about it, but they don't care about anything as long as they rake in the money. Player safety is just a guise they use to make more money. The NFL is a total joke.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Well, they call it the Brady Rule for a reason. If your name isn't Brady, they aren't calling it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Watching the Browns/Seahawks game. WTF is this bullshit blind side blocking shit??? This shit is on the verge of being unwatchable. They aren't allowed to play football anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, they call it the Brady Rule for a reason. If your name isn't Brady, they aren't calling it.
    Gotta disagree here. It's the same reason our guy wasn't called for going into a QB's knees tonight. It seems the NFL got smart and stopped calling plays where the O line is pushing guys into their QBs. It's clear here the guy has two hands on the players back and shoves him down as he is going for Brady. As much as I despise Brady, I just can't ignore that O lineman when we saw something similar tonight and it wasn't called either.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Gotta disagree here. It's the same reason our guy wasn't called for going into a QB's knees tonight. It seems the NFL got smart and stopped calling plays where the O line is pushing guys into their QBs. It's clear here the guy has two hands on the players back and shoves him down as he is going for Brady. As much as I despise Brady, I just can't ignore that O lineman when we saw something similar tonight and it wasn't called either.
    Looks like Adeniyi got pushed in the back by Yanda to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYLFBXeY5o&t=648s

Member Array title="SteelerFan091472 will become famous soon enough">

Watching tonight’s Lions-Packers game and wondering if Clete Blakeman’s crew know what illegal hands to face means. Trey Flowers of the Lions was called for it twice in the second half. Neither time on the replays did it look like he committed a foul. Flowers had his hands on the collar of the offensive lineman’s jersey both times. The second time it happened, the Packers were in range to kick a field goal. It was third down with 1:36 left when the penalty was called. The Lions had no timeouts. So, instead of the Lions offense having a minute or so left, the Packers ran the clock down to 2 seconds and the kicked the game-winning field goal.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just absolutely staggering how bad those calls were.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I happened to catch both "hands to the 'face'" calls and the Packers were gift wrapped a win with a bow on top. Worthless officiating. Turrible.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I didn’t see the plays yet but if the defenders hands are holding the offensive player by the shoulder pads is that not defensive holding?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I didn’t see the plays yet but if the defenders hands are holding the offensive player by the shoulder pads is that not defensive holding?
    Here are the plays

Botched call #1

Botched call #2

And add this to another banner night for Al Riveron's posse

Officials flagged Lions for lining up with 12, didn’t flag Packers for 13

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ackers-for-13/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Fully expect a missive from Goodell defending the widespread officiating incompetence anytime now...

Member Array title="SteelerFan091472 will become famous soon enough">

Roger doesn't care, he'll only take action if it is a critical call against the Pats, and trust me that will never happen

The NFL should bring back the replacement refs, at least the NFL cared about the poor officiating when it came from the replacements

When it happens at full speed, because of the placement of the Flowers hand and the way Bakhtiari’s head goes back, it does look like hands to the face.

I can see why they would’ve called it. When it’s slowed down, they were clearly called wrong.

Still though...that pretty much gave the Packers the win...

When it happens at full speed, because of the placement of the Flowers hand and the way Bakhtiari’s head goes back, it does look like hands to the face.

I can see why they would’ve called it. When it’s slowed down, they were clearly called wrong.

After blowing the call the first time I suppose it would be possible for Riveron or someone else in New York to tell the crew they botched the call and to not get suckered again rather than send a “My Bad” memo to the Lions when grading out the refs later this week. Of course that might have even happened after the first hands to the face call and the ref might have figured he was not going to let it slide if he thought he saw it again The league office will never admit it is attempting to tell refs to change how the game is called during the game except for the obvious impact of reversing a call on replay

High def and the improved quality of the camera work for game broadcasts have brought to everyone’s attention how many sketchy calls occur every week in a game played by big & fast young men and officiated by smaller & slower middle aged to late middle aged men

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

So how do they miss thee call when not just 1 but 2 packers linemen put hands to the face? This game reminds me so much of the San Diego game last year when they were clearly giving all the calls to one team. I can understand mistakes but not when it is completely one sided.

Ref got worked by the Packers left tackle

Before the first penalty, David Bakhtiari approached umpire Jeff Rice, frustrated, confused and downright incredulous, and asked a simple but potentially game-altering question....

”I said, ‘Hey, are we not calling hands to the face again? Because the past three plays, I’ve been staring at the sky.’ And he’s like, you know, he’s not looking at my side, but I at least made him aware.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ri/3986742002/