Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Le’Veon Bell. Off to a HUGE start

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Le’Veon Bell. Off to a HUGE start

Longing for Le’Veon Bell to be a Steeler...what a joke. It’s 2019-20.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Disappointing season for Le'Veon but at least he is still focused

Le’Veon Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out with flu

Le’Veon Bell was too ill to bowl over Dolphins defenders on Sunday afternoon, but not to knock down some pins late Saturday night....

Jets coach Adam Gase said the team sent him home on Friday to avoid getting other players sick. Gase also said Bell was not present at Saturday’s team walk-through. He was not seen at MetLife Stadium on Sunday when the Jets beat the Dolphins 22-21.

Apparently he felt well enough to bowl a few frames on Saturday, though. Sources said he was at Boonton Lanes, which is not far from where the Jets train in New Jersey, from around 10:30 p.m. to close to 1 a.m. when the bowling alley closed. Bell was easy to spot in orange leather pants....

Gase has struggled to find ways to get Bell going this season. He is having the most unproductive year of his career, rushing for 589 yards and three touchdowns on 183 carries. He also has 55 catches for 403 yards and one touchdown. Bell has not rushed for more than 70 yards in a game this season. The Jets rushed for 112 yards without him on Sunday, including 74 from Bilal Powell.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/leveon...-out-with-flu/

Jets are going to move Bell for whatever they can get this offseason.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

3.2 yards a carry, 3 rushing TDs, season high rushing yard total of 70 yards, NO impact on the Jets offense, and now this story. Do people still miss this guy?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    3.2 yards a carry, 3 rushing TDs, season high rushing yard total of 70 yards, NO impact on the Jets offense, and now this story. Do people still miss this guy?
    Yes. He’s be a much better talent in Pittsburgh than with the Jets...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Like I've always said, we got the best years out of Bell and it was a blessing that he didn't sign that contract offer from the Steelers. I don't like our current RB room but Bell is not much better anymore.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

he wanted all that guaranteed money cause he knew he was washed up. I trust no player that's in a decline and unwilling to take a bet on themselves

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He should get with AB and host a podcast of them playing video games together.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Disappointing season for Le'Veon but at least he is still focused

Le’Veon Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out with flu

Le’Veon Bell was too ill to bowl over Dolphins defenders on Sunday afternoon, but not to knock down some pins late Saturday night....

Jets coach Adam Gase said the team sent him home on Friday to avoid getting other players sick. Gase also said Bell was not present at Saturday’s team walk-through. He was not seen at MetLife Stadium on Sunday when the Jets beat the Dolphins 22-21.

Apparently he felt well enough to bowl a few frames on Saturday, though. Sources said he was at Boonton Lanes, which is not far from where the Jets train in New Jersey, from around 10:30 p.m. to close to 1 a.m. when the bowling alley closed. Bell was easy to spot in orange leather pants....

Gase has struggled to find ways to get Bell going this season. He is having the most unproductive year of his career, rushing for 589 yards and three touchdowns on 183 carries. He also has 55 catches for 403 yards and one touchdown. Bell has not rushed for more than 70 yards in a game this season. The Jets rushed for 112 yards without him on Sunday, including 74 from Bilal Powell.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/leveon...-out-with-flu/

Jets are going to move Bell for whatever they can get this offseason.

This story STRIKES me as odd and I didn't read the whole thing, can someone SPARE me the agony and give me the details?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

LOL now Jets exploring trading the albatross that is Bell.

I tell you what Jets, we'll take him off your hands but you eat 1/2 the salary cap hit!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

With that 251 I'm glad his season is finally turning around!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    This story STRIKES me as odd and I didn't read the whole thing, can someone SPARE me the agony and give me the details?
    It's all right there. He was held out due to illness and spent the evening bowling. This is one more feather in Colberst cap he held true to the guaranteed money and now Bell is proving him right.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    It's all right there. He was held out due to illness and spent the evening bowling. This is one more feather in Colberst cap he held true to the guaranteed money and now Bell is proving him right.

You obviously missed my bowling humor.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The Jets obviously couldn't pick up the split

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

JaMarcus Bell!
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

LOL now Jets exploring trading the albatross that is Bell.

I tell you what Jets, we'll take him off your hands but you eat 1/2 the salary cap hit!
    Bitching that you have not been used properly after having a crap season certainly will not discourage the Jets from trading Bell

On Tuesday, after answering questions about his Saturday night foray to the local lanes (which he properly shrugged off as silly) Bell got to the heart of the matter.

He isn’t happy with how the Jets have been using him.

“Honestly, no," Bell said, when asked if he’s had enough opportunities this season. "I think that’s being in a new system, new guys up front, it’s a new coaching staff, I’m with a new organization. So everything takes time, I understand that. That’s why I’ve always been patient. But to be honest with you, no. I feel like when I do, I’ll be back to what people are used to seeing.”

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/12/forg...r-to-jets.html

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    With that 251 I'm glad his season is finally turning around!
    That score is the closest he'll ever get to a pro bowl

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

You obviously missed my bowling humor.
    Man I was at work and not paying attention. Sorry . Haha

Merry Christmas

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Credit where it's due, he did pretty well against the Ravens' excellent rushing defense last night. 87 yds on 21 carries; 4.1 YPC. He didn't do squat in the passing game, though. 2 catches for 2 targets and 1 yd to show for it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Credit where it's due, he did pretty well against the Ravens' excellent rushing defense last night. 87 yds on 21 carries; 4.1 YPC. He didn't do squat in the passing game, though. 2 catches for 2 targets and 1 yd to show for it.
    Not that impressive considering that the Ravens were playing with a 2-3 score lead basically for the entire game, they called the dogs by the 2nd half