Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell. Off to a HUGE start

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Le’Veon Bell. Off to a HUGE start

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Well seeing as he was turning 1 yard losses into 3.5 yard gains a carry, I'd say yes, we miss him.
    Until he gets nailed for smoking weed again, anyway. He's up to a 1-year suspension next time, no?

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

His team sucks but I think he is having a pretty good start to the season. It's going to be all for nothing, team wise, because the jets are not going anywhere. I think personal stats are all he cares about anyway

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Anytime a back get 10 receptions he’s doing something right...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    I think personal stats are all he cares about anyway
    Close. Cash money is his #1 priority. It's a shame he doesn't have any business sense.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="crcsnail has a spectacular aura about"> crcsnail's Avatar

What do u guys think of his season so far? I thought he would be doing a lot better . I wasn’t expecting miracles because of the Jets OLine but thought his quality would help . It hasn’t . I suppose the grass is always greener as are the dollars.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

1 word to describe Le'Veon's season: Karma

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm enjoying his lack of production, maybe he'll learn some humility

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Way to set the market, LB!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Way to set the market, LB!
    Todd Gurley today against the mighty Bengals - 10 carries/44 yards & 0 receptions on one target

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401127912

Any team that pays premium $$ for a running back is setting money on fire

Steelers have had some bad breaks the last few years but Le'Veon blowing off their offer was not one of them

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Anyone still think not having Le'Veon has made an impact?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Todd Gurley today against the mighty Bengals - 10 carries/44 yards & 0 receptions on one target

Steelers have had some bad breaks the last few years but Le'Veon blowing off their offer was not one of them
    Partially agree but at the same time, the game flow for that game was going through Jared Goff and Cooper Kupp...Gurley was an after thought.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Gurley has a chronic knee injury that they discovered the same season he signed his huge contract. He is a shell of his former self. While the timing of it was unbelievably bad for the Rams, I wouldn't write off every big-name RB because of that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Partially agree but at the same time, the game flow for that game was going through Jared Goff and Cooper Kupp...Gurley was an after thought.
    He has been an after thought most of the year. Through 7 games 92 carries for 355 yards (97 of those yards in week 1) and 15 receptions for 81 yards

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/game...todd-gurley-ii

And the bigger cap hit comes in 2020 - $17.25 million in salary and prorated bonus/$25 million in dead money if he is released

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...-gurley-16734/

The wear and tear on running backs makes it hard to justify signing them to big deals after their rookie deal - most teams have reached that conclusion

The NFL has a lot of money to spend—the cap has risen by about $60 million in seven years—and running backs are lagging far behind. In 2018, the position’s franchise tag number—the average of the top 10 salaries—was lower than it was five years earlier.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/7...back-contracts

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Old ass Adrian Peterson has more yards than Leave'on Bell and his team is just as shitty or even shittier than the J-E-T-S.

Le’Veon Bell. Off to a HUGE start

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Old ass Adrian Peterson has more yards than Leave'on Bell and his team is just as shitty or even shittier than the J-E-T-S.
    Conner, unfortunately, isn’t doing much better.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

#dimeadozen

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

True but we're talking about Le'veon Bell here who thought he would have the same success he had here with the crap green team.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

His price tag, fortunately, is much better

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not upset that they didn't meet his price. Am I still unwaveringly convinced that Leveon Bell is a better back than anyone on the 2019 Steelers roster? Absolutely.

The struggles of the NY Jets can not be laid at Bell's feet. The team is clearly a mess. They cut a player for getting medically recommended surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not upset that they didn't meet his price. Am I still unwaveringly convinced that Leveon Bell is a better back than anyone on the 2019 Steelers roster? Absolutely.
    Agreed.

Not a slam on Conner, just an acknowledgment that when he is not suspended for weed or injured Bell is exceptional if he has a functional QB and someone to block for him

But in terms of having limited dollars to spend, since this is not baseball, IMO gaming out the costs/benefits of sinking of $$$ into the RB position rather than at other positions does not support paying what the Le'Veons, Gurleys & Elliotts of the RB world have received on their second contracts

The struggles of the NY Jets can not be laid at Bell's feet. The team is clearly a mess. They cut a player for getting medically recommended surgery.
    By how much? That gap couldn't be too much.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Bell is overrated, I've been saying that for a while you people who say he's better than Conner are still living in 2014. At his best, yeah he was better than Conner for sure. Right now he's the perrennial sub 4.0 ypc overrated POS who will never amount to anything, or win anything.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    By how much? That gap couldn't be too much.
    Not sure. But certainly not $15 million cap dollars.

Not certain I can name 10 RBs that are "better" than Bell, but I think I can readily do it with Conner.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bell should have taken the Steelers offer and kept his mouth shut. Everybody would have been better off.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bell should have taken the Steelers offer and kept his mouth shut. Everybody would have been better off.
    QFT

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bell still would've been a locker room cancer though. He sees everything through a lens of racism and slavery and poisons others around him with it. I'm glad to be rid of him and glad his stunt backfired in his face.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

This.

There were several carries tonight that I thought, "You know, Bell would have broken that for half a dozen more yards or so."

Conner is the better back between him and Le'Veon at this point in their careers. Bell is trash and so are the jets

Not sure. But certainly not $15 million cap dollars.

Not certain I can name 10 RBs that are "better" than Bell, but I think I can readily do it with Conner.
    I can name 10 better than Bell. And it's not even hard. I refuse to live in the past with Bell and act as if it's 2016. He was average in 2017 and sucks this year.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

While Bell may have better stats if he was with the Steelers, I don't believe for a second the Steelers would be as good or even better with him on the team. I doubt we would have gotten Fitzpatrick and not sure if we would have moved up to get Busch. I am glad he didn't take the offer.