Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown signs with Patriots

I hope one of our safeties knocks him out of the game, i don't care if we get a penalty or suspension. Seriously fuck this guy,i hope he gets carried off in a stretcher

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

2 days ago...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

NFL forum ?

no longer a steeler

( yes I am a grumpy old man )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    NFL forum ?

no longer a steeler

( yes I am a grumpy old man )
    see post #12

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

I'm sure beneath all the antics Antonio is a good guy. It's time for Bill "Bagger" Belichick to teach Mr. Brown how to see the field.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Contract should be voided by the league tbh.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Hopefully he does something really stupid and misses the whole year.

He won't, though. Whole thing was rigged. He'll show up and magically show up with a humble team-first attitude and a super work ethic and everything will be all candy and unicorn boners.

Fuck that guy and fuck that team.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Too bad he’s ineligible to play tomorrow...lol

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I agree with Reggie and this was in the works for awhile WWE ain't got nothing on the NFL.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Antonio Brown signs with Patriots

I’m not one for the conspiracy theory thing but this happened all way too fast for him to be released by Oakland and a couple hours later he is signed by New England?

And the NFL celebrating it like it’s a Jerry Rice Joe Montana reunion...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'm going to just put this out there:

I have no beef or any hard feelings toward any of you on this forum for anything you say about the Raiders. I am a guest in your house. I expect you not to have nice things to say about my team...lol. We are ....or were, huge rivals.

Having said that, I respect the Steelers because of the "back in the day" rivalry. The Steelers are a well run organization, unlike the Raiders for the last 20+ years. I have many friends that are Steelers fans, which is why I come here... so I can talk with them intellingently about their team.

Now........... does anyone here not think this whole mess with the Raiders was not pre planned by AB, Rosenhaus and the Patr*ots? I hate the Patr*ots more than you can imagine..... the most cheating, underhanded team in all of professional sports.... IMO. I don't give two shits what the token Pats fan on here thinks of that, either.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’m not one for the conspiracy theory thing but this happened all way too fast for him to be released by Oakland and a couple hours later he is signed by New England?

The usual suspect New England is involved. This alone tells me something ain't right.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

As I posted in another thread this morning, the league office loves this.

The AB drama has dominated all other sports stories this week and now a player who has become increasingly disliked goes to the dynasty that has been despised since at least Spygate. Would have been tough to keep interest up as the Raiders sunk into mediocrity during the season

Instead - ratings gold!

The next plot twist by the writers will be the AB 2019 redemption tour of "There Is No I In Team" as a chastened AB gives all glory to his teammates when he humbly accepts the MVP trophy for the 2020 Super Bowl.

Pro wrestling except it is not completely fixed (I think )

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post

I have no beef or any hard feelings toward any of you on this forum for anything you say about the Raiders. I am a guest in your house. I expect you not to have nice things to say about my team...lol. We are ....or were, huge rivals.

Having said that, I respect the Steelers because of the "back in the day" rivalry. The Steelers are a well run organization, unlike the Raiders for the last 20+ years. I have many friends that are Steelers fans, which is why I come here... so I can talk with them intellingently about their team.

Now........... does anyone here not think this whole mess with the Raiders was not pre planned by AB, Rosenhaus and the Patr*ots? I hate the Patr*ots more than you can imagine..... the most cheating, underhanded team in all of professional sports.... IMO. I don't give two shits what the token Pats fan on here thinks of that, either.
    Oh I am sure of it and I am sure they were hand in hand with AB from the start. The speed at which it was done is suspicious to me, I mean he never even played a single down with the Raiders. I am sure nothing will come of it, but you can't tell me this was not planned all along.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

The AB drama has dominated all other sports stories this week and now a player who has become increasingly disliked goes to the dynasty that has been despised since at least Spygate. Would have been tough to keep interest up as the Raiders sunk into mediocrity during the season

Instead - ratings gold!

The next plot twist by the writers will be the AB 2019 redemption tour of "There Is No I In Team" as a chastened AB gives all glory to his teammates when he humbly accepts the MVP trophy for the 2020 Super Bowl.

Get ready for the Sunday night football announcers to GUSH all over this move. it will be pushed down our throats ad-nauseum tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Instead - ratings gold!

Great post Dan and I agree all about ratings. I just said a few post above that the WWE hasn't got nothing on the NFL. Ps. HBO is also happy and probably got their best ratings for Hard Knocks ever.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Brown will get his numbers because he’s a damn good receiver and he’s on a stacked team...

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Paranoia:

"Paranoia is an instinct or thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.Symptoms‎: ‎Distrust‎, ‎False accusations"

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post

I share your frustration and always enjoy your having you post here.

But over time (a long time - I used to mainline the NFL every Sunday through three games and then come back for more on Monday night) I have come to recognize the NFL is just another product competing for entertainment $$$ that I now regard as nothing more than that. I have lost my capacity for outrage, with the last straw for me being the overturned Jesse James TD in the 2017 Pats loss.

The entire track of the AB story line, from him blowing off week 17 last season, forcing his way out of Pittsburgh, and then forcing his way out of Oakland to remarkably be able to work out the terms of a deal with the Pats in a matter of hours, is simply a particularly sordid episode in a sordid business.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

These guys are not smart enough to have pre-planned this to a great extent.

What almost certainly did happen is that Rosenhaus and several other franchises (Pats included) engaged in a ferocious amount of tampering. Likely starting around the time that AB and the helmet stuff hit, Rosenhaus started putting the vibe out to other teams. Lots of "what if" phone calls and "if my client was..." etc.

At the same time, he is likely working the Raiders. Guessing AB's agent and likely AB, knew about some of the stuff before it came down. Or at least the agent was starting to get calls from the Raiders along the lines of "get your guy in line or we are going to drop the hammer on him".

So big complex pre-planned 5 dimensional chess move? Almost certainly not. Assuredly AB is not smart enough to pull that off. His agent and a few key people in his camp - MAYBE. But AB would've spoiled it by running his fool mouth or something.

I suspect it is just the result of a high-powered agent and a handful of franchises deciding that the standard tampering that everyone does all the time in the NFL was actually going to be useful this time. I mean how do you think pending free agents are able to tell their current teams that they know they will get more on the market? Because the agent has tampered and a deal is already out there. Kinda like how all those guys "negotiate" a complex multi-year tens of millions of dollar contract one minute after free agency starts. okay. sure. whatever.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    AB will affectionately call him Uncle Cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    These guys are not smart enough to have pre-planned this to a great extent.

What almost certainly did happen is that Rosenhaus and several other franchises (Pats included) engaged in a ferocious amount of tampering. Likely starting around the time that AB and the helmet stuff hit, Rosenhaus started putting the vibe out to other teams. Lots of "what if" phone calls and "if my client was..." etc.

At the same time, he is likely working the Raiders. Guessing AB's agent and likely AB, knew about some of the stuff before it came down. Or at least the agent was starting to get calls from the Raiders along the lines of "get your guy in line or we are going to drop the hammer on him".

So big complex pre-planned 5 dimensional chess move? Almost certainly not. Assuredly AB is not smart enough to pull that off. His agent and a few key people in his camp - MAYBE. But AB would've spoiled it by running his fool mouth or something.

I suspect it is just the result of a high-powered agent and a handful of franchises deciding that the standard tampering that everyone does all the time in the NFL was actually going to be useful this time. I mean how do you think pending free agents are able to tell their current teams that they know they will get more on the market? Because the agent has tampered and a deal is already out there. Kinda like how all those guys "negotiate" a complex multi-year tens of millions of dollar contract one minute after free agency starts. okay. sure. whatever.
    I agree AB was not planning his exit strategy for New England while he was signing his contract with the Raiders.

But my guess is AB knew through Rosenhaus of other teams potential interest in him as the situation deteriorated in August. AB is not a long term planning kind of guy but in terms of the short term the blow up with Mayock this week has the earmarks of someone trying to get kicked off the team who probabaly had a good idea he could land in New England if that happened.

Even someone as high strung as AB was not going to demand his release this morning if he had no idea whether there was another job out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Paranoia:

"Paranoia is an instinct or thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.Symptoms‎: ‎Distrust‎, ‎False accusations"

hey, you would be paranoid too if the whole world was out to get you