Thread: Kovacevic: All hail the smartest trade in franchise history

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Kovacevic: All hail the smartest trade in franchise history

They could've held onto this guy.

Never forget that.

Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, Art Rooney II and the Steelers as a collective could've just endured a month of employing this feet-freezing, helmet-clinging, GM-threatening, race-baiting, coach-wiretapping, documentary-producing idiot. And if they'd done so, they've have been as inane, as insane as Antonio Brown himself.

Yeah, the Raiders released him today..........

read the rest free of charge.......... https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...test-trade-dk/

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kovacevic: All hail the smartest trade in franchise history

Last 2 times the Steelers traded a WR for a 3rd round pick to the Raiders, the Raiders released this player before the week 1!

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Not anymore, the New England Patriots just got better.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Yep it turned around and bit Colbert on the ass in the end. His saving grace is the Raiders org. has bigger egg on their face.

Wr can't blame Colbert for this situation...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Wr can't blame Colbert for this situation...
    What I'm saying is what Colbert didn't want to happen did. Maybe he should have traded him to the Pats from the get go and maybe got a higher draft pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck I knew AB was going to end up being a Patriot but thought it would be next year.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Yep it turned around and bit Colbert on the ass in the end. His saving grace is the Raiders org. has bigger egg on their face.
    Why did it bite Colbert in the ass? We have yet to see how this whole thing plays out. He got a 3rd and 5th which is probably the best he was going to get from anyone. I doubt even the cheatriots were going to give us any more than that. Let him get a ring before we crown his ass. As it was proven in Oakland anything can happen between now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm saying is what Colbert didn't want to happen did. Maybe he should have traded him to the Pats from the get go and maybe got a higher draft pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck I knew AB was going to end up being a Patriot but thought it would be next year.
    I was responding, before you posted this. Yes he ended up a Cheatriot and so on that you are right. That being said we can't live in our fears AB has yet to play a single snap so let's see how this thing plays out. Most likely he will get a ring but my hope is we stop him from seeing this at least this year.

When it comes to the Steelers I Believe this year is going to be special.

I'm with ya Butch and am a big Colbert fan and just stating things in the end turned out what Colbert tried to avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not think the Pats would have given bigger than the raiders gave to have AB...The Pats have always taken players with low risk, high reward, so if it does not work in the case of Brown with the Pats, the Pats will have given nothing (in draft pick)

I do not think the Pats would have given bigger than the raiders gave to have AB...The Pats have always taken players with low risk, high reward, so if it does not work in the case of Brown with the Pats, the Pats will have given nothing (in draft pick)
    True and good point.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

One of two things will happen here:

1) AB behaves like an angel, The Patriots are immensely successful with AB and Colbert looks like a dunce.

2) AB loses his mind and is cut by midseason, he wrecks the Patriots' locker room and Colbert looks like a genius again.

The first will happen because Patriots and fuck everyone.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    One of two things will happen here:

1) AB behaves like an angel, The Patriots are immensely successful with AB and Colbert looks like a dunce.

2) AB loses his mind and is cut by midseason, he wrecks the Patriots' locker room and Colbert looks like a genius again.

The first will happen because Patriots and fuck everyone.
    Nah they will lose to the Ravens because they are patriot kryptonite. Then Steelers will beat the Ravens in the ACCG on their way to the Super Bowl. The following year the Steelers will beat the pats with AB and he will throw a fit on the sidelines that will end his career because he says fuck everyone.

I think it's going to be Brown's only year with the Pats this year

Brady will probably leave the Pats after this year and the Pats are going to have the worst record in the 2020 season just to have the first overall draft pick and drafted Trevor Lawrence in 2021 and they will dominate another 20 years after that...

- - - Updated - - -

True and good point.
    and this

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The real kick in the nuts is that we are essentially subsidizing Tony Brown to play for the Patriots, with all the signing bonus and moved-forward restructure money that is the reason we ate a $21 million dead money cap charge.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

Agree and the ESPN 30/30 on it is a cool watch. Would love to see someone make a movie about it!

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

I do not think the Pats would have given bigger than the raiders gave to have AB........ (in draft pick)
    The Patriots offered the Steelers a first round pick for AB.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    The Patriots offered the Steelers a first round pick for AB.
    No they did not.
    Hater = Realist

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No they did not.
    Patriots reportedly offered Steelers 1st round pick for Antonio Brown
    https://stillcurtain.com/2019/09/08/...antonio-brown/

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Why did it bite Colbert in the ass? We have yet to see how this whole thing plays out. He got a 3rd and 5th which is probably the best he was going to get from anyone. I doubt even the cheatriots were going to give us any more than that. Let him get a ring before we crown his ass. As it was proven in Oakland anything can happen between now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

I was responding, before you posted this. Yes he ended up a Cheatriot and so on that you are right. That being said we can't live in our fears AB has yet to play a single snap so let's see how this thing plays out. Most likely he will get a ring but my hope is we stop him from seeing this at least this year.

When it comes to the Steelers I Believe this year is going to be special.
    Yeah, special as in short-bus special.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Now AB is being accused of rape.

It doesn’t really matter if he’s innocent or guilty as far as the NFL is concerned, right? Going by the Big Ben precedent they better suspend him for AT LEAST four games... and that’s with good behavior after he begs for mercy.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...sault-lawsuit/

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

So after reading it, he assisted her multiple times, and raped her a year after the first assault . . . I don’t like AB, but this sounds fishy, why would she keep coming back to him as a trainer if he was assaulting her?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

The Cheats did trade for Brandin Cooks and a 4th rounder in exchange for a 1st and 3rd rounder with the Saints, so we definitely could've gotten more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    So after reading it, he assisted her multiple times, and raped her a year after the first assault . . . I don’t like AB, but this sounds fishy, why would she keep coming back to him as a trainer if he was assaulting her?
    Even if he turns out to be 100% innocent he still has to be suspended because of the accusation. It’s the NFL way, right? Or does that only apply to Ben?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Please, let us all stop with the questioning the accuser because she returned to having some sort of relationship (whatever it was/is) with AB. Maybe she is lying. Maybe she is not. We do not know yet. But we can know that it is extremely common for individuals in an abusive or toxic relationship to return to that relationship over and over again. I am not trying to individually target anyone with this comment. Nor am I attempting to say that all of us can not question the validity of the accusations. But lets not do AB's lawyers work for them and start with an assumption that the accuser makes no sense.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Please, let us all stop with the questioning the accuser because she returned to having some sort of relationship (whatever it was/is) with AB.
    Nah. I think I'll go ahead and question her story and motives. I don't go in for all that "victims deserve to be believed" nonsense. It's an emotionally driven circular argument.
    Like most Steeler fans I believe AB is a moral septic tank, but I'm gonna look at this from all angles and draw my own conclusions. That's called 'objectivity'.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Nah. I think I'll go ahead and question her story and motives. I don't go in for all that "victims deserve to be believed" nonsense. It's an emotionally driven circular argument.
    Like most Steeler fans I believe AB is a moral septic tank, but I'm gonna look at this from all angles and draw my own conclusions. That's called 'objectivity'.
    I mean if you actually read what I wrote and not just smugly reply to part of it out of context, you will see that I already said all that for you. Just without the gross victim blaming and shaming that you want to bring to the table.

I await you inevitable red pill derived men's right's response couched in incel fanboy catch-phrases. Oh. No. Wait, of course I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I mean if you actually read what I wrote and not just smugly reply to part of it out of context, you will see that I already said all that for you. Just without the gross victim blaming and shaming that you want to bring to the table.

I await you inevitable red pill derived men's right's response couched in incel fanboy catch-phrases. Oh. No. Wait, of course I don't.
    I agree with your overall statement.

And I don’t think I’m contradicting you in any way when I say that the NFL has historically handled situations like this very badly. The truth is, it is generally a fairly rare thing for women to falsely accuse men of rape. There’s a very good reason for that. The incentives to go through with a false rape accusation are just not usually there in the real world.

However, when a league punishes players for merely being accused, it does at least give the APPEARANCE of putting targets on their players’ backs.

I’m not in any way saying that it tells me one thing or another about AB’s accuser. It doesn’t. And I do not suggest she is lying. The NFL’s policy actually makes things worse for genuine victims, because unfortunately, just the appearance of increased incentives for false accusations will naturally raise doubts in the minds of many fans when it comes to all accusations.

Like I said, I refuse to paint this particular accuser with any brush. I still believe that even under these circumstances that the NFL has created, false accusations of rape will probably still be rare. But I do kind of understand why some fans will be inclined to be more suspicious of accusations than they would be if the NFL only punished players who were proven guilty.

The NFL’s bad policy is responsible for more victimization of everyone. Including honest accusers.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I agree with your overall statement.

And I don’t think I’m contradicting you in any way when I say that the NFL has historically handled situations like this very badly. The truth is, it is generally a fairly rare thing for women to falsely accuse men of rape. There’s a very good reason for that. The incentives to go through with a false rape accusation are just not usually there in the real world.

However, when a league punishes players for merely being accused, it does at least give the APPEARANCE of putting targets on their players’ backs.

I’m not in any way saying that it tells me one thing or another about AB’s accuser. It doesn’t. And I do not suggest she is lying. The NFL’s policy actually makes things worse for genuine victims, because unfortunately, just the appearance of increased incentives for false accusations will naturally raise doubts in the minds of many fans when it comes to all accusations.

Like I said, I refuse to paint this particular accuser with any brush. I still believe that even under these circumstances that the NFL has created, false accusations of rape will probably still be rare. But I do kind of understand why some fans will be inclined to be more suspicious of accusations than they would be if the NFL only punished players who were proven guilty.

The NFL’s bad policy is responsible for more victimization of everyone. Including honest accusers.
    Well said. The leagues policies are a mess. Clearly they don’t do anything to make horrible and difficult situations any better.