Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raiders release AB

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

UPDATE: Raiders release AB

So much for the Raiders practicing tough love with AB unlike that spineless Mike Tomlin

Last edited by stillers4me; 09-07-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Gruden - AB will play Monday night

Gruden won over Mayock is my take on the situation.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Just... Wtf! ��

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

And in other ENABLING news.... Hill gets a 3/54 extension from the Chiefs...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Gruden won over Mayock is my take on the situation.
    IMO more like AB won over Mayock as Gruden undercuts the GM

Unlike the usual coach-GM relationship where they are at least peers, Mayock is subordinate to Gruden

It wasn't like Mike Mayock dropped a bombshell in his interview with ESPN's Steve Levy before the College Football Playoff National Championship game earlier this month when he said, "In all honesty, Jon's got final say."

https://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-ra...mayock-dynamic

But everything is great now after AB's passionate apology so no worries

"Antonio is back today," Gruden said. "We're really excited about that. Ready to move on. He's had a lot of, obviously, time to think about things. We're happy to have him back and I know Raider Nation is excited about that, too."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...y-monday-night

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Just... Wtf! ��
    LOL - Welcome to the world Steelers fans lived in from around 2016 until the crash & burn at the end of last season

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't doubt for a second that once his guaranteed money kicks in, the circus will be back in town

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Whoever made the final decision in the case of Brown,it's a disgrace!

I mean, Brown had so many chance with the Steelers and he never learned from that and I'm sure Brown did a lot of things that fans and even the media do not know right now ..... The only reason that Brown has apologized today is to have his money guaranteed

This is soft by Gruden and Brown is going to have other incident, the question is just when....And do not tell me, just win baby, since the Steelers won nothing big and close to that, despite the Steelers were so talented in the Killer B's era ... The only time Brown was in the Super Bowl, it was in 2010 as 5th WR, so it does not count!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This team is a train-wreck, lol

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This team is a train-wreck, lol
    And they deserve that ... No sympathy for them.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope he plays so I can hopefully watch a career ending injury...he deserves it.

The end.

One day,the luck of Antonio Brown will be over...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

So the raiders break the bank and take him with all of his problems, then he is a no show for practice/pre-season, then he hurls racial slurs and threatens violence against the GM and he gets a pass and to play Monday night? lol.. you can't make this up
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And they deserve that ... No sympathy for them.
    I understand the dislike for the Raiders..... but, why do they deserve this?

They took a chance on a head case player... like that is out of the norm for them...lol. He may still electrify the team and the fans.... remains to be seen.

If he was still in black and gold, I wonder what direction this would take???

They took a chance on a head case player... like that is out of the norm for them...lol. He may still electrify the team and the fans.... remains to be seen.

The Raiders had a chance to punish Brown and that he loses his guaranteed money and tell the rest of the team that nobody is bigger than the team, but they missed that chance just like the tweet in the post 10 of this thread

It's not as if it was the first time an incident happened to Brown in his career and he never learned, and it will probably not be the last time too.

The Raiders had a chance to punish Brown and that he loses his guaranteed money and tell the rest of the team that nobody is bigger than the team, but they missed that chance just like the tweet in the post 10 of this thread

It's not as if it was the first time an incident happened to Brown in his career and he never learned, and it will probably not be the last time too.
    Fair enough. What did the Steelers do when he started his shit?

This sounds more like sour grapes because Steelers fans want blood........ and I understand that. I don't want this guy on my team.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This sounds more like sour grapes because Steelers fans want blood........ and I understand that. I don't want this guy on my team.
    Steelers fans do still seem to be waaaay too involved in the day to day when it comes to AB. AB will win some games for the Raiders just like he did for the Steelers. He will also pull his crazy B.S. on the Raiders just like he did with the Steelers. AND it's only going to be acceptable behavior until it becomes completely detrimental like it did with the Steelers. Steelers fans need to stop stalking this ex and let him date his new team in peace now.

It was a big mistake for the Steelers, especially since the Steelers had not won anything with him despite his stats

I believe with his live facebook, it would have been the time to say that it's enough with Brown ... I mean, even before Brown becomes a star in 2013 ... in the 2012 training camp, if his reports are true, Polamalu and LeBeau was very upset with Brown's behavior ... it came out today and I'm sure there are other stories about Brown doing it and we do not know yet

With all this, I can not believe that the Steelers have not traded Brown after all his incidents ... I do not care about his stats if the team does not win enough and that this players is a horrible teammate(like Terrell owens with just one playoffs win in his last 12 years and he did not play in the first 2 playoffs games of his team in 2004 when his teams has been in the super bowl) ... I was wrong with Tomlin when I blamed him for the toxic locker room that the Steelers had in the last few years, but Rooney and Colbert should have shown the door as they did to Santonio Holmes in 2010 and Holmes was not as bad with the steelers as Brown was later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steelers fans do still seem to be waaaay too involved in the day to day when it comes to AB. AB will win some games for the Raiders just like he did for the Steelers. He will also pull his crazy B.S. on the Raiders just like he did with the Steelers. AND it's only going to be acceptable behavior until it becomes completely detrimental like it did with the Steelers. Steelers fans need to stop stalking this ex and let him date his new team in peace now.

If Brown would stop being stupid and be quieter, we would talk less about Brown ... and it's not just in Pittsburgh. It's the entire NFL that everyone is talking about Brown

Bell had been quiet for the most part in August and there was very little thread on it in the month of August ....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

And people think this MTV reality show of a team is going to the Super Bowl this year?

This is why I come to your forum.... among other reasons. I never wanted this dude. I have read and listened to all of you over the last few years bitch about him.... and love him. I guess it's the Raiders' turn to do the same. I hope it's very short term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    And people think this MTV reality show of a team is going to the Super Bowl this year?
    You hate my team.... I get it. I don't know who these people you speak of are, but I can assure you that 99% of us Raiders fans don't think they are going to the Superbowl this year.

This is why I come to your forum.... among other reasons. I never wanted this dude. I have read and listened to all of you over the last few years bitch about him.... and love him. I guess it's the Raiders' turn to do the same. I hope it's very short term.

- - - Updated - - -

You hate my team.... I get it. I don't know who these people you speak of are, but I can assure you that 99% of us Raiders fans don't think they are going to the Superbowl this year.
    David Carr and another in NFL network think the Raiders will win the Super Bowl!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

can we just merge all these Clown threads please?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    can we just merge all these Clown threads please?
    good idea..

David Carr and another in NFL network think the Raiders will win the Super Bowl!
    ... and I care what David Carr says?

... and I care what David Carr says?
    No, but you did not know who predicted the Raiders would win the Super Bowl in post 23 in this thread, so I just said who it was!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

Isn't that the truth, he's in a lot of Steeler fan heads. What a waste of time and energy on a scumbag.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

S & B,
    This isn't a reflection on folks like yourself. The management of the Raiders deserve this because it's what they bought. Colbert: "Live hand grenade. Cheap". Gruden: "Hand grenade? That's just what I need! Shut up and take my money". They went in with their eyes open. Nobody hid anything from them.
    I understand that some of the older Steeler fans hate the Raiders strictly on principle, but these days most of us don't care one way or the other. To the best of my knowledge, nobody except perhaps the random troll has a beef with you personally.
    AFA what would be happening if AB was still in Pittsburgh? I think the fans would be sick of him just like you are. I can't speak on behalf of any Yinzer other than myself, but here's the reason I follow this story: It's funny.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland