Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: UPDATE: Raiders release AB

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: Raiders release AB

LMFAOO

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: AB asked to be released from Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Just when I thought things were looking bad... my day just got good! Fantastic news! Bye, bye AB!
    We respect you here silver & black, you deserved to NOT have to deal with him.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    We respect you here silver & black, you deserved to NOT have to deal with him.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Just wow.

I return to what I said earlier. The Raiders simply had a plan to fail here. The ENTIRE motivation for much of AB's antics over his time in Pittsburgh has been revealed to be a combination of ego and money. Specifically, AB does not react well when he feels he is publicly disrespected and you go after or remove his guaranteed money. The Raiders aggressively did both. And the odd thing, there was no reason to do it. On the eve of regular season games, you start fining a guy for missing preseason practices that took place weeks earlier? That is just poking the bear.

Some may read this as a defense of AB or his actions. It is not. It is simply the idea that any reasonable person could step back and predict that publicly calling out AB and taking out his $$$ guarantees was the most confrontational stance the organization could take. Once it happened in Pittsburgh, he freaked out and left. Why did the Raiders think he was suddenly gonna call them Daddy and ask to be choked harder?
    I think the Raiders figured out that he was uncontrollable, made the public overture of showing they tried to smooth things over and then hit him with the fines knowing he'd flake. It made it easy for them to release him. I think they realized it was already a lost cause so might as well save the money.

Maybe Brown will play for the other Gruden...

Doubtful it happens, but the Chiefs?

At the same time, I do not think Andy Reid want to relive an experience like he had with Terrell Owens 14 years ago ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar