Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Raiders release AB

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: Gruden - AB will play Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I understand the dislike for the Raiders..... but, why do they deserve this?

They took a chance on a head case player... like that is out of the norm for them...lol. He may still electrify the team and the fans.... remains to be seen.

If he was still in black and gold, I wonder what direction this would take???
    As I have discussed with you in the past it's not even hate for the Raiders it's your coach who I can't stand. He is the one who brought all of these "second chance guys" to your team. To me this is why they are getting what they deserve. Also as I have stated in the past the whole questionable character thing didn't work in Cincy and they stuck with it for years trying to make it work. They too were supposed to be a force in the AFCN. I truly believe that Burfect and Incognito were brought in as much for putting butts in seats as anything else, but I think AB is different. I don't think they had a clue that he would be this bad this early. I know I didn't, I thought it would take him a few games before the honeymoon was over.

I hated the Raiders in the 70's but it's not the same now. Now I just can't stand your coach, and I hope that he fails miserably, and this to me is why I love that AB is being a headcase for him. I have no doubt he will make some plays for your team, the question is when is the time bomb going to explode next? Calling a man a "Cracker" is a pretty bold move and then challenging him on top of that...just glad he's your coach's problem and not ours.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    As I have discussed with you in the past it's not even hate for the Raiders it's your coach who I can't stand. He is the one who brought all of these "second change guys" to your team. To me this is why they are getting what they deserve. Also as I have stated in the past the whole questionable character thing didn't work in Cincy and they stuck with it for years trying to make it work. They too were supposed to be a force in the AFCN. I truly believe that Burfect and Incognito were brought in as much for putting butts in seats as anything else, but I think AB is different. I don't think they had a clue that he would be this bad this early. I know I didn't, I thought it would take him a few games before the honeymoon was over.

I hated the Raiders in the 70's but it's not the same now. Now I just can't stand your coach, and I hope that he fails miserably, and this to me is why I love that AB is being a headcase for him. I have no doubt he will make some plays for your team, the question is when is the time bomb going to explode next? Calling a man a "Cracker" is a pretty bold move and then challenging him on top of that...just glad he's your coach's problem and not ours.
    This!

My comments was also against the Raiders,not against silver & black!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steelers fans do still seem to be waaaay too involved in the day to day when it comes to AB. AB will win some games for the Raiders just like he did for the Steelers. He will also pull his crazy B.S. on the Raiders just like he did with the Steelers. AND it's only going to be acceptable behavior until it becomes completely detrimental like it did with the Steelers. Steelers fans need to stop stalking this ex and let him date his new team in peace now.
    It's not often that you get to see a train wreck happen and this one came during the off season when we had nothing better to look at. Also it's nice that this year we don't have to deal with it and the press that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Fair enough. What did the Steelers do when he started his shit?

This sounds more like sour grapes because Steelers fans want blood........ and I understand that. I don't want this guy on my team.
    The Steelers got production out of him, also they drafted him while the Raiders traded for him knowing fully what he did in Pittsburgh and thinking they can change him. It's like the girl who gets married to the guy with the idea that she can change him. It rarely works out.

I know you didn't want him on your team, just as you didn't like them bringing back Chuckie. I am sorry you are stuck with them both.

FWIW I always liked the fact that the Raiders obstained (sp), from voting on the CBA.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No context.
    This is a huge story on twitter right now!

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

He needs a mental evaluation and I am being serious. We knew something was wrong about a year ago now, but this is manic behavior. He either has CTE or is Bi-Polor.

He can do what he want too

At this point, I would not be surprised if Mike Mayock resigns in the next couple days!

Making a mountain out of a molehill, I am sure there are much bigger concerns.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Damn, Gruden has gotten soft

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    He needs a mental evaluation and I am being serious. We knew something was wrong about a year ago now, but this is manic behavior. He either has CTE or is Bi-Polor.
    or AB is just an ass...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

On a completely unrelated note - wow, imagine what that means for the Google / Big Tech Surveillance Force if anybody actually ever bothered to enforce it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gruden - AB will play Monday night

This is a huge story on twitter right now!

- - - Updated - - -

A random tweet that says this is something is a big story?

This is all your posting:

A random tweet that says this is something is a big story?

This is all your posting:

There was this video below of that

When you post tweets in response to other tweets, they don’t show the original tweet when you post through Tapatalk. Best thing to do is just post the original. Also posting original keeps people on the message board and not running to other sites. Keeps the message board alive...

When you post tweets in response to other tweets, they don’t show the original tweet when you post through Tapatalk. Best thing to do is just post the original. Also posting original keeps people on the message board and not running to other sites. Keeps the message board alive...
    Ok this is fine!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

FWIW the league office is loving this

To get 24/7 media coverage the league knows it needs more than breakdowns of Xs and Os.

The template for getting that is generating the sort of feuds (real or fake) such as those the NBA gets with Kevin Durant v Draymond Green or the constant drama since LeBron James joined the Lakers. Since IMO getting the sort of coverage as individual "personalities" NBA players get rather than being a faceless cog under a helmet has been what AB has aspired to receive for years, this is a win/win for AB and the league as long as it does not cost him any contract $$.

For those who say it is all and only about team building and winning, that ship sailed years ago as the NFL became primarily one of many entertainment products that lives for page clicks and TV ratings

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    FWIW the league office is loving this

To get 24/7 media coverage the league knows it needs more than breakdowns of Xs and Os.

The template for getting that is generating the sort of feuds (real or fake) such as those the NBA gets with Kevin Durant v Draymond Green or the constant drama since LeBron James joined the Lakers. Since IMO getting the sort of coverage as individual "personalities" NBA players get rather than being a faceless cog under a helmet has been what AB has aspired to receive for years, this is a win/win for AB and the league as long as it does not cost him any contract $$.

For those who say it is all and only about team building and winning, that ship sailed years ago as the NFL became primarily one of many entertainment products that lives for page clicks and TV ratings
    Pre-selling viewers for a late MNF game that most people wouldn’t normally watch because of the time...lol.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Come on, dude, have some class. No one deserves injury in a sport unless they get exactly what they give. AB is a lot of things. A dirty player isn't one of them.
    I reek class.
    Wishing for an injury is not something I routinely do.
    But, there are special cases. Ray Lewis was one. Burfict is another. Now, AB.
    AB doesn’t play dirty...but his actions are. His “rap sheet” with the Steelers, now fully exposed, confirmed that the smiling, happy player we thought was the real AB was nothing but a masquerade...for years.
    He moves to the Raiders and is quickly sabotaging his new team. Calling the GM a cracker?
    He needs a healthy dose of perspective. He doesn’t appreciate what the game of football has given him.
    What’s the saying, “you never know what you have until you lose it.”
    Tough way to learn a lesson, but for some, it’s the only way they’ll learn that lesson.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Antonio brown just asked the Raiders for his release? Damn...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Obviously, this is all Mike Tomlin's fault.......

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: AB asked to be released from Raiders

Can they just deactivate him without pay instead of releasing him and make him sit a year....not making a single dime?