Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should The Steelers Go For Randy Moss in 2011 ?

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Should The Steelers Go For Randy Moss in 2011 ?

Just a thought. Moss says he wants to go to a team that will give him the best chance to get a SB ring... so he's likely to sign somewhere for cheap. Ben still says he wants a tall receiver, would he lobby for Moss ? And if Ward retires at the end of this season...?

Moss on one side, Wallace on the other, Randle El and Miller in between... OMG :jaw: ...

Randy Moss Doesn't Think He's In The Patriots Future Plans

Patriots receiver Randy Moss is entering the final year of his contract, and he says it may be his last - at least with New England. The 33-year-old tells the Boston Herald that he's eager to play in 2010, and while he doesn't have plans to retire soon, he's unsure of where he'll land next year. The Patriots are set to pay him $6.4 million this season, and the newspaper notes the last time Moss was in a contract year, he caught 23 touchdowns (he had 13 TDs in 2009). "I just don't think, realistically, that I'm in their future plans with the Patriots. If the New England Patriots don't want me in their future plans, (I understand). Because once you get up there in age, people start speculating about your performance. But I want to get out there to the New England Patriots fans, this is my year. I'm going to play my year. I'm not coming in causing any conflicts. I know it's a business. ...I've already said this may be my last year with the Patriots, that this is my last year under contract with the New England Patriots. Hopefully, with 31 other teams knowing I'll be available after this year, it's just like agents knowing I'm available and (I) don't have an agent."
    Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 06-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

5 years ago i'd say hell yea. By next year he may be like a Jerry Rice was with the raiders his last year.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

BRINGIN' IT! Array title="Indo is on a distinguished road"> Indo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I would rather have Hampton fart into my open mouth......then have Moss on my team.
    I, too, would rather have Casey Hampton fart into LLT's mouth than have Moss on my team.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

in a word

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

I wish we could have pulled the bargain the Pats got years ago.

Right now, I would say no.

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indo View Post
    I, too, would rather have Casey Hampton fart into LLT's mouth than have Moss on my team.
    Please dont let anyone second that motion. Lets close this meeting. I dont want to see Casey for forced to move that motion.

No to Moss.

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Ehhh.......nope, the WR corps will be fine

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    I wish we could have pulled the bargain the Pats got years ago.

Right now, I would say no.
    Agreed. If we would have gotten Ben a Randy Moss type IN HIS PRIME we'd be damn near un-stoppable.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Indo View Post
    I'm glad you agree because I.......HEY!!!!!!!!!
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Eh, no thank you. I'm happy with what we've got now.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I would rather have Hampton fart into my open mouth......then have Moss on my team.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

And to think we almost lost the opportunity to share moments like this............

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

No. Age is a factor, as well as his attitude.
    "Steeler football is 60 minutes. It's never going to be pretty. Throw style points out the window, but these guys will fight to the end." - Mike Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NO

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    And to think we almost lost the opportunity to share moments like this............
    Nothing says Kodak Moment like being "crop dusted" by a 350 pound D-Lineman.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

he doesn't seem like a steeler guy but i'd definately take him for a couple of years. ben to moss would be ace

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

2011 = lockout season. And I have yet to see, read, or hear anything to this point that could convince me otherwise.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

NO
    O-TAY.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

That would be a negative.

Junior Member Array title="Dylan is an unknown quantity at this point"> Dylan's Avatar

NO!!!!!!!

Cleveland Sucked Before, Cleveland Sucks Now, Cleveland Will Always Suck

SteelerSal
    I'm looking forward to seeing what our young WR's bring to the table and by bringing Moss in, not only will one of these guys not have a chance to shine with us but we also stoop down to the level of the Cowboys, Redskins and Patriots by trying to get a championship with overpaid ageing vets.

Really hoopy frood Array title="ricardisimo is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    2011 = lockout season. And I have yet to see, read, or hear anything to this point that could convince me otherwise.
    Up until about two months ago, we had two Superbowl MVP receivers on our team, and I don't think the Patriots have one, named Moss or not. Wallace is a fine substitute, and I'm VERY eager to see what Sanders and Brown can do.
    Why does God hate amputees?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82&dateline=127542714 7[/SIGPIC]

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Naa, age is catching up to him and we need youth at that position and I just cannot see a Ben to Moss connection on the field sorry Ill pass.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="RushHard34 is an unknown quantity at this point">

He is getting up there in age, and i rather have us work more on breeding our younger WR's

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

In a heartbeat, as long as the length of the deal and the money isn't unreasonable. Which I don't think it would be; his last contract (3 yrs 27 mil) wasn't too hefty.

What we need to realize is that as a more explosive offense, with a franchise QB, with the "Three yards and a cloud of dust" offense gone, we're going to need more weapons. You guys are saying it yourselves; in his prime, we'd be unstoppable. And even leaving his prime, with the other weapons we have (Miller, Ward, Wallace, Mendenhall) you're not going to be able to cover everyone. Getting Randy Moss in a one-on-one matchup is still advantage offense.

Just as the defense has had multiple playmakers, the offense needs them as well in order to become top-notch.

And I am concerned about Ward. Love him to death but lest we forget the concern over his knee/hamstrings two years ago. Those concerns shouldn't, and won't, go away as you get older. Even with the extra rest he's gotten.
    Last edited by Chidi29; 06-02-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Too old by then for me, and possibly a bad influence on the younglings (Even though his marijuana problems and other antics havent really resurfaced in the NFL, if i recall correctly).

And also....

lol....

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Uh................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........no.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

at a reasonable price......absolutely
    he is the best wide receiver out there

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch