Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell: I'm going to show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Le'Veon Bell: I'm going to show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Re: Le'Veon Bell: I'm going to show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Say what???

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

really? did we just trade James Conner?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

He should be in game shape by next year
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If by "let go," he means offered a huge contract that he turned down to go party ... and then when he finally ran out the clock, posted an MLK reference thanking God for his freedom as well as a thinly-veiled comparison of the Steelers organization to racial oppressors, just to make his thoughts perfectly clear ... well then I guess Pittsburgh let him go.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

And we will be watching it all unfold on this forum one thread at a time apparently.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    And we will be watching it all unfold on this forum one thread at a time apparently.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

I can't wait to see how his 'stutter-step and wait for my O-line to create a hole for me' running style plays in NY behind that dreadful offensive line. I'm sure the Jets will be thrilled with their investment after he starts posting 58 yards on 24 carries stat lines.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Seems a couple of former players can't stop thinking about their ex's long enough to concentrate on their new jobs.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think about 3.8 YPC will be his number this season with 12 games played.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

The hardest running, most determined, backs always have a chip on their shoulder. If he has to manufacture one, so be it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bell will be injured by mid-season.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; 09-04-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Speaking of running backs who are obsessed with their exes... OJ is on Twitter.

Le’Veon Bell: ‘Pittsburgh Had Something Special’ With Killer Bs ‘And They Let It Go’

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/le...hey-let-it-go/

Two things, first for the Killer B's era, outside of the talent, it was not special .... The Steelers had a lot of special things, like the 1970s, a dominant defense in the 2000s with specials players like Troy Polamalu, James Harrison or special leader like James Farrior and others and a QB who was able to make big play when it was time and win the super bowl in the last season of Jerome Bettis...That's it was special!!!...Many others thing was special even when in the years the Steelers did not win the Super Bowl.

The Killer B's era will always be the most disappointing era in Steelers history, because of the drama and many other things and Bell is one of the faces of this with his suspensions, holdout and other things

Other things, it's this comment of this article that I do not know if it's true or not

Perhaps it’s a matter of semantics, but it can certainly be argued as to who ‘let it go’ between himself and the Steelers. Even back in 2017, reportedly, he was offered a contract that both his agent and his mother told him to sign. That was a lesser deal than he received and rejected in 2018, which one can argue was a more robust offer overall than the one he ultimately signed with the Jets.
    I knew that his agent had accepted the offer that the Steelers had offered to Bell in 2017, according to Ed Bouchette (I believe this story) but is it also true that his mother had told Bell to sign this contract?

I do not remember hearing that.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

This guy talks a lot for being a has-been who couldn't even average 4 yards a carry in his last season.

Is he gonna make another crappy rap song about this?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Have fun going 4-12, asshat...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Bell sat out an entire season for absolutely nothing in return. No matter what happens this year he already lost his beef with the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Le’Veon Bell set to reach 8,000 scrimmage yards in 63 games, fastest ever

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 4, 2019

When Jets running back Le'Veon Bell plays his first game as a Jet on Sunday, it will be the 63rd game of his career. And he’ll almost certainly do something no player in NFL history has done in his first 63 games.

Bell is set to reach 8,000 career yards from scrimmage, and by doing it he’ll be the fastest player ever to get to that mark. Bell currently has 7,996 yards from scrimmage, so he’ll most likely top 8,000 on his first touch.

Eric Dickerson currently owns the distinction of the fastest player to 8,000 yards from scrimmage.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-fastest-ever/

Only just 10 games per year too for him....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

I knew that his agent had accepted the offer that the Steelers had offered to Bell in 2017, according to Ed Bouchette (I believe this story) but is it also true that his mother had told Bell to sign this contract?

I do not remember hearing that.
    This from the SI cover story last spring after Bell signed with the Jets in which Bell’s mother Lisa was interviewed

Back in the summer of 2017, the first time the Steelers offered Bell a long-term deal, reportedly five years at $12 million per, Lisa wanted her son to take it. So did Bell’s agent, Adisa Bakari.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/le...gency-contract

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This from the SI cover story last spring after Bell signed with the Jets in which Bell’s mother Lisa was interviewed

Back in the summer of 2017, the first time the Steelers offered Bell a long-term deal, reportedly five years at $12 million per, Lisa wanted her son to take it. So did Bell’s agent, Adisa Bakari.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/le...gency-contract
    Wow

Thank for the info!..I did not know that

We can't blame the entourage of Bell for this decision (Never blame his agent for that, but if in addition his mother had advised Bell to take the offer, it's all on Bell for this!)

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

[QUOTE=polamalubeast;701735[LEFT]Le'Veon Bell: I'm going to show people Pittsburgh let something special go [/LEFT]/QUOTE]

The Steelers didn't let you go you moron. They offered you more money than any running back in the history of the NFL had ever been offered by a mile.....and you turned it down and sat out an entire season.....then settled for less with the Jets.

Does reality even compute with some of these players?

The Steelers didn't let you go you moron. They offered you more money than any running back in the history of the NFL had ever been offered by a mile.....and you turned it down and sat out an entire season.....then settled for less with the Jets.

And he can't blame his agent or even his mothers for that!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

[QUOTE=pczach;702068]
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast;701735[LEFT
    Le'Veon Bell: I'm going to show people Pittsburgh let something special go [/LEFT]/QUOTE]

Clearly not...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    No, but in my experience, you can't argue with someone who's totally irrational and out of touch with reality

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    I can't wait to see how his 'stutter-step and wait for my O-line to create a hole for me' running style plays in NY behind that dreadful offensive line. I'm sure the Jets will be thrilled with their investment after he starts posting 58 yards on 24 carries stat lines.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^. If AB gets suspended and Bell ends up averaging 3.3 yards a carry I'll giggle my ass off