Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB Joe Haden and the Steelers have agreed to a 2-year, $22 million extension

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

CB Joe Haden and the Steelers have agreed to a 2-year, $22 million extension

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Joe Haden and the Steelers agree to a 2 year deal.

Edit: Mods, please delete.

PB was first (DAMN YOU!!! )

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: CB Joe Haden and the Steelers have agreed to a 2-year, $22 million extension

Good news. He was fantastic last season.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: CB Joe Haden and the Steelers have agreed to a 2-year, $22 million extension

For that money he needs to stop those phantom PI calls against the Saints.

- - - Updated - - -

Future safety for us next season ?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For that much money he needs to take the ball away.

19 CB make right now 10 millions per year...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/cornerback/

Many more to come too...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    not yet..

Mike Florio was wrong in May...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Best CB they have, good to lock him up and right timeframe too

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    not yet..

Soon.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    For that money he needs to stop those phantom PI calls against the Saints.
    Only so much a body can do against incompetent officiating.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Only so much a body can do against incompetent officiating.
    Agreed!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    For that much money he needs to take the ball away.

He just might do that if there is more production on the other side and by the secondary in general. Teams were able to pick their spots against him because they were able to avoid him to feed elsewhere on the field.

I think this was a necessary move. He has been a great player and locker room guy for this team, and he still has some juice.

The way that things went down with AB and Bell, this had to be done. Reward professionalism and team-first players. He is also a veteran leader on a team with a ton of young talent.
    Last edited by pczach; 09-02-2019 at 09:41 AM.

The steelers make it official...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He just might do that if there is more production on the other side and by the secondary in general. Teams were able to pick there spots against him because they were able to avoid him to feed elsewhere on the field.

I think this was a necessary move. He has been a great player and locker room guy for this team, and he still has some juice.

The way that things went down with AB and Bell, this had to be done. Reward professionalism and team-first players. He is also a veteran leader on a team with a ton of young talent.
    I don't disagree. Haden just gets my goat over his contact $$$. I guess everyone has that player. I like Haden. I also realize he is the best CB on the team. I also think he is overpaid -- but looking over the top average salary list of CBs again this morning, I guess I gotta back-off. Guys similar in age and salary to Haden are putting up comparable stats in passes defensed and INTs.

I guess corner salaries just make me grumpy. Like pass rusher salaries do for others!

I don't disagree. Haden just gets my goat over his contact $$$. I guess everyone has that player. I like Haden. I also realize he is the best CB on the team. I also think he is overpaid -- but looking over the top average salary list of CBs again this morning, I guess I gotta back-off. Guys similar in age and salary to Haden are putting up comparable stats in passes defensed and INTs.

I guess corner salaries just make me grumpy. Like pass rusher salaries do for others!
    Yeah the market goes up at every position every year (except at the RB position!!!) ... I would not be surprised if a CB like Jalen Ramsey has close to 20 million per year in his next contract.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I hear you. If Haden was signed for $8 million a year, I would feel even better about it. That's just the cost of doing business with an established, quality player at his position.

I also believe that signing him and creating additional cap space to sign another player before the season starts was a factor.

Like at my post number 8 in this page,19 CB make at least 10 millions per year and at least 25 with 8 millions or more...This is the market at this position!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Like at my post number 8 in this page,19 CB make at least 10 millions per year and at least 25 with 8 millions or more...This is the market at this position!
    You are right - like usual!

I guess I just lost track of where the CB market had gone, you know since this team hasn't had one worth paying in forever!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I hear you. If Haden was signed for $8 million a year, I would feel even better about it. That's just the cost of doing business with an established, quality player at his position.

I also believe that signing him and creating additional cap space to sign another player before the season starts was a factor.
    Another point I hadn't thought of...

It's just a matter of time before an elite CB (As Jalen Ramsey) is going to have close to 20 million a year ... The question is going to be when and where?

We just saw the first WR with 20 million per year (Michael Thomas) almost a month ago.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The way the league is progressing, there's always going to be over paid players on a roster. it's just how it works. hopefully the ones you 'overpay' are ones that will contribute a lot to the team...

There's overpaying a Joe Haden and then there's overpaying Rob Johnson or JaMarcus Russell...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Super Bowl!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Good faith deal. Good for both sides, a little much to pay Haden, but by time it's time to talk a new extension, it'll be the right time to evaluate whether it's time for him to transition to Safety.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    Good faith deal. Good for both sides, a little much to pay Haden
    Haden is our best CB, what do you pay for a drink of water in the desert?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Davis can go. I really liked him when he was drafted, but he didn’t become as good as I had hoped. Plus, Kam Kelly could supplant him... and/or, Joe Haden might switch to FS.

I’d try like crazy to re-sign Gravedigger. But, it’s not going to happen in a week... and, once he hits free agency, he’s GONE.