Thread: New CBA won’t be done before start of 2019 season

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

New CBA won’t be done before start of 2019 season

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: New CBA won’t be done before start of 2019 season

While I am all for taking away pre-season games, I am not in favor of changing the current playoff system. I don't mind them adding games to the regular season IF they add in an extra bye week and increase the active roster. Playoffs are long and grueling enough as is.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL logic 101: We'll shorten OT by 5 minutes and penalize players for "lowering the helmet in the name of player safety" but we want to add 2 extra games to the NFL season or no CBA

Also, why are we adding more postseason games when there are years (specifically recently in the AFC) where conferences have trouble fielding 6 playoff-worthy teams

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

If Goodell isn't relieved of his duties entirely (doubtful, unfortunately), I at least hope his unilateral authority over disciplinary matters pursuant to the league's personal conduct policy is greatly curtailed. His justice-by-dartboard method of discipline has been a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If Goodell isn't relieved of his duties entirely (doubtful, unfortunately), I at least hope his unilateral authority over disciplinary matters pursuant to the league's personal conduct policy is greatly curtailed. His justice-by-dartboard method of discipline has been a joke.
    And I thought Tags was as bad as it could get. I guess when Go To Hell heard that he laughed and said "Hold my beer".

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lost revenue from preseason. LOL.

If you need the revenue from the gate of your preseason games to make ends meet even after getting that sweet sweet TV deal money - well your just a badly run franchise.