Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Preseason Week 4- Steelers vs Panthers

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Preseason Week 4- Steelers vs Panthers

the only defense I do have for Hodges is that he was literally running for his life on every play...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    The only thing gained by this offensive performance is that we can put an end to all this ridiculous talk about Hodges in any way being associated with this team going forward. He’s a 4th string QB who had a 38 QB rating against 4th stringers.

And he has no business taking up a spot on the practice squad either.
    First rough performance for an undrafted rookie quarterback surrounded by scrubs and let down by a crappy O Line and "Benny Snail Football" and you want to cast him out. Fair enough. Hodges didn't look good tonight, first the first time all preseason.

As opposed to Dobbs who has done nothing of note all preseason and didn't look good at all tonight either behind the second stringers.

Either way, regardless of who our third QB is, the Steelers are in trouble if it ever reaches that point.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the only defense I do have for Hodges is that he was literally running for his life on every play...
    Scrub wr's that couldn't catch at all when he made a play. 39 for the Steeers drop probably at least 3.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Either way, regardless of who our third QB is, the Steelers are in trouble if it ever reaches that point.
    In a league where 60+ percent of the starting QBs are either mediocre or just downright suck, who isn't?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    In a league where 60+ percent of the starting QBs are either mediocre or just downright suck, who isn't?
    I do not know for 60%

If we just look at the playoffs field last year, outside of Lamar Jackson (I would not be surprised if he become very good, but that's another debate) the 11 other teams all had very good QB, where his teams could have hope with them (maybe less with Prescott, but he is average at worst) ... And a few other QBs who missed the playoffs (Ben, Rodgers, Mayfield, Ryan and maybe I forget others) are QBs that a team can realistically win with.

It's not perfect, but I've already seen much worse depth for the QB in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Can Sutton even TACKLE ? Saw him try to 'arm' tackle and miss quite a few times.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Can Sutton even TACKLE ? Saw him try to 'arm' tackle and miss quite a few times.
    Cam Sutton(one of our CB)?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/st...medium=twitter

Sutton had 0 missed tackle before yesterday(5 tackles in the first 3 games,4 yesterday)..And sometimes,this is not a always good thing when a CB has several tackles...