Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck retiring

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Andrew Luck retiring

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Andrew Luck retiring

That sucks, what could have been if not for injuries.

Also with Luck, I thought the Colts were the 2nd best team in the AFC and the only remote threat to knocking off the Patriots in the AFC (The Pats were still probably winning the AFC again with Luck but the Colts were the biggest threat). Now the AFC South is WIDE OPEN and which team is the biggest threat to the Pats now?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I've been watching the NFL and sports for almost 20 years now, I do not remember seeing a new surprisingly like that!

I thought it was a fake account when I saw that first.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

#suckforluck didn't work out so good

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Biggest winner of this news is Bill O Brien who gets to pad his career with yet another by default division title and probably gets more undeserved control of the team

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    With that injury history Luck may have figured I am set for life financially, am tired of always being hurt, and do not want to be using a walker while having cognitive issues in 10 years

Only post-2000 QB I can recall who comes close to consistently having the crap beat out of him like that over a similar period of time is Ben in the first half of his career (would not be surprised if the QB leader in hits and sacks for 2010 and 2011 before Luck took over that crown was Ben under Luck's 2012 offensive coordinator Arians)

A further indication how astonishing it is for Ben to still be playing (let alone at a high level) after getting pounded through the 2011 season

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is HUGE! A great player(when healthy) retires from the game early due to injury and mental fatigue. The Colts franchise's entire season outlook has changed, the fans just lost hope for this season, and the AFC landscape is now completely changed for every team this season. One player who didn't even play last season has had this much effect on the mighty NFL. HUGE news indeed.

With that injury history Luck may have figured I am set for life financially, am tired of always being hurt, and do not want to be using a walker while having cognitive issues in 10 years

Only post-2000 QB I can recall who comes close to consistently having the crap beat out of him like that over a similar period of time is Ben in the first half of his career (would not be surprised if the QB leader in hits and sacks for 2010 and 2011 before Luck took over that crown was Ben under Luck's 2012 offensive coordinator Arians)

A further indication how astonishing it is for Ben to still be playing (let alone at a high level) after getting pounded through the 2011 season
    I don't know the number of hit of Ben in his years under Bruce Arians but for the sacks...Ben had 46 or more sacks between 2006 to 2009 and in 2010 Ben had 30 sacks (in 12 games) and 40 in 2011 in 15 games.

For his career,he is 25 sacks away to beat Brett favre...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Welp, it's official - the Colts ruined Luck.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Once promising QB...

He’s been beaten up pretty bad. It’s surprising, but it’s not...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Certainly not a character problem. Luck's a class act.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Certainly not a character problem. Luck's a class act.
    unlike the Colts' fans who booed him this past game...

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

^^^ Yeah, that was bad.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

What a shocker. He's young enough to take 5 years off and make a comeback...

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Wow. How much money was he making this season? While I respect his decision to walk away, that's something you do in the off season. You don't' make this decision in the key 3rd pre-season game.

This is the equivalent of leaving the a 35 year old bride on her wedding day with her biological clock ticking.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

If you are not aware, James Holzhauer is the latest Jeopardy Wizkid. (won 32 consecutive games of 'Jeopardy,' making him the second all-around champion of the game show. His earnings totaled more than $2 million.)

Well, said. He is thought to have lost his last game on purpose, for the good of his family.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I wonder if the right thing will include repaying the prorated signing bonus $$ for the 2019 and 2020 seasons?

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the Colts are allowed to ask Luck to pay back any portion of his signing bonus that's part of their future salary cap. When Luck signed his latest five-year extension with the Colts in 2016, the deal included a $32 million signing bonus that was prorated out to a cap hit of $6.4 million per year over the five year duration of the contract.

Since Luck won't be on the field for the final two years that his bonus was pro-rated, that means the Colts are allowed to ask for that money back. Basically, this means if the Colts do want the money that Luck would have to write them a check for $12.8 million.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-500-million/

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Personally, I feel for Luck. He is a class act. This was likely a very hard decision.

But if it dooms the Colts season, yay!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

First to post: Dobbs to the Colts? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I wonder if the right thing will include repaying the prorated signing bonus $$ for the 2019 and 2020 seasons?

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the Colts are allowed to ask Luck to pay back any portion of his signing bonus that's part of their future salary cap. When Luck signed his latest five-year extension with the Colts in 2016, the deal included a $32 million signing bonus that was prorated out to a cap hit of $6.4 million per year over the five year duration of the contract.

Since Luck won't be on the field for the final two years that his bonus was pro-rated, that means the Colts are allowed to ask for that money back. Basically, this means if the Colts do want the money that Luck would have to write them a check for $12.8 million.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-500-million/