Thread: Koll: Why We’ll See A Better, More Efficient Ben Roethlisberger in 2019

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Koll: Why We’ll See A Better, More Efficient Ben Roethlisberger in 2019

PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan) - It was a weird year for Ben Roethlisberger in 2018 for many reasons. From calling out teammates on his radio show, to a controversy involving a rib injury and an X-ray machine in Oakland, to the heaping of national criticism hurled his way for his leadership qualities, things got whacky for Ben. It was a whacky year for the Steelers franchise in fact, with drama and disappointments abound, epitomized by its 9-6-1 record that left it outside of the playoffs.

Listen to your team news NOW.

That aside, Roethlisberger saw what may have been the most premier talent around him in his career in 2018, with weapons all around and mouths to feed everywhere he looked.

The result?

Lots of numbers. Both good and bad.

Roethlisberger obliterated his career high in passing attempts with 675. In fact, he led the league in that category. He also set a career high and led the league with 5,129 passing yards; he and Patrick Mahomes were the only ones to pass for over 5,000.

It doesn’t stop there.

Roethlisberger also led the league in completions (452), pass attempts per game (42.2) and passing yards per game (320.6).

So, what was the bad?

Despite the gaudy accumulated numbers, Roethlisberger’s overall QB rating (96.5) was just 14th in the league among quarterbacks with at least 400 passing attempts. He also was the league leader in something much more distasteful: interceptions. With 16.

All in all, Ben Roethlisberger certainly wasn’t the reason the Steelers went 9-6-1 and missed the postseason. But I believe Ben is bound for a better season in 2019 and it may not necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

Here’s why (in no particular order):

read more

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...en-roethlisber

Re: Koll: Why We’ll See A Better, More Efficient Ben Roethlisberger in 2019

ByAlex Kozora

Ben Roethlisberger: Ho-hum, another great camp from #7. It’s cliche, I know, but Roethlisberger seriously looked like he was in great shape and really taken care of his body as he nears the big 4-0. His numbers were excellent across the board and intangibly, he was a leader on the practice field. Going over routes with receivers, talking with his fellow quarterbacks, and rising up after the passing of Darryl Drake. He did, and again, this is pretty trite and cliche, seemed to have a lot of fun this time around. Maybe that’s something to do with not having to worry about Antonio Brown. Maybe it’s a guy realizing he only has two or three training camps left. Either way, good August for him.

Camp Grade: A

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/20...p-quarterback/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

"Nears the big 4-0"? It'll be four more seasons before Ben is 40.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Ben should have less INT's won't have to force the ball to biggest WR diva in league history. Plus since the whole off season the media has wrote him off along with the Steelers to crash & burn this season. I think you will see a better Ben and, he will be looking to show everybody that he is still one of the best QB's playing. The Steelers have plenty of weapons to put points up and, hopefully the defense can play better. It seems they play better when just about everyone doubts them.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Ben should have less INT's won't have to force the ball to biggest WR diva in league history. Plus since the whole off season the media has wrote him off along with the Steelers to crash & burn this season. I think you will see a better Ben and, he will be looking to show everybody that he is still one of the best QB's playing. The Steelers have plenty of weapons to put points up and, hopefully the defense can play better. It seems they play better when just about everyone doubts them.
    I believe that the fact that Ben will be able to throw to the player who is open will help his efficiency.

Ben, JuJu and several other players have talked about one of their goal was to share the ball, so if Ben throw less in double coverage, it will help to reduce the interceptions.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We'll see a more effecient Roethlisberger, nobody knows efficiency like Ben Roethlisberger, believe me. I don't know, some people might say "Hey, Ben Roethlisberger might be the most efficient, maybe ever. ", and they're probably right

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I say this every year...he needs to play more in the preseason.
    My faulty memory tells me that usually the rust shows for a while.