Thread: Tony Dungy explains why he has doubts about the Browns but expects big things from the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tony Dungy explains why he has doubts about the Browns but expects big things from the Steelers

Dungy On Browns: "I'm Not Totally On Board Yet"

The Cleveland Browns enter the 2019 season with incredibly high expectations, this for a franchise that hasn’t had a winning season since 2007 and hasn’t made the playoffs since 2002.

For those reasons and more, Tony Dungy isn’t jumping on the Browns’ bandwagon just yet.

“I’m not totally on board yet,” Dungy told Zach Gelb. “They’ve got a lot of pieces to the puzzle and the pieces look great. Now they’ve got to fit together and they’ve got to build that chemistry. You’re always going to have some adversity during the season. I want to see how this group responds to adversity. They’ve got a ton of talent, they’ve got explosive players, exciting players, there’s a lot of optimism and energy – but how are they going to deal with that adversity when it does hit?”

Dungy, in fact, believes that the Pittsburgh Steelers – who missed the playoffs last year for the first time since 2013 – could be dangerous, even without Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell.

“Everybody is saying they lost Antonio Brown and that’s a ton of touchdowns, and they lost Le’Veon Bell and that’s a ton of touchdowns, so they can’t possibly be as good,” Dungy said. “But sometimes with the rest of the group, when people say that, the rest of the group says, ‘Hey, we want to prove that we’re pretty good, too.’ I think you’re going to see the best of the Steelers this year, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a run.”

Click below to listen to Dungy’s interview in its entirety.

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/art...ieves-steelers

Dungy has the same question that me for the Browns ... How will they react when they are going to have adversity?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Tony Dungy explains why he has doubts about the Browns but expects big things from the Steelers

At what point did everyone anoint Dungy the be all end all?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Tony Dungy explains why he has doubts about the Browns but expects big things from the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Why the negativity towards Dungy?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Why the Steelers should still be taken seriously

The Steelers fans have more confidence now that they were at the end of the last season.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Dungy is a pretty classy guy. I’d rather listen to him than any of the other NFL talking heads.
    He represented the Steelers well.
    Why throw the shade?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Baker thinking he can succeed without an O-line, who does he think he is, Ben Roethlisberger?

I think it's going to be a fight between the Steelers and the Ravens for this division

I mean, the Browns have a better passing offense than the Ravens but outside of that, the Ravens have better running game, run defense, pass defense, special teams and coaching.

The offensive line of the Browns could also be a major weakness.