Thread: Who'll prove doubters wrong in 2019?( Mike Tomlin is on this list)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Who'll prove doubters wrong in 2019?( Mike Tomlin is on this list)

By Bucky Brooks

Mike Tomlin, head coach, Pittsburgh Steelers: After watching the Antonio Brown drama play out in Oakland, Steelers fans should have a greater appreciation for how Tomlin kept the locker room intact for as long as he did. That said, the 13th-year head coach needed to fix Pittsburgh's culture this offseason, after seeing his star-studded squad miss the playoffs in 2018 despite looking like a bona fide title contender on paper. Listening to the buzz surrounding Steelers camp, the team might actually benefit in an addition-by-subtraction scenario, with AB and Le'Veon Bell being replaced by a new crop of playmakers eager to make their mark. JuJu Smith-Schuster and James Conner have already shown their capacity to handle premium roles, but there are some others who look primed and ready for more responsibility -- most notably, receiver James Washington and hybrid back Jaylen Samuels. Considering Pittsburgh's strong history of developing players, Tomlin's squad won't skip a beat without Nos. 84 and 26.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Who'll prove doubters wrong in 2019?( Mike Tomlin is on this list)

My list:

James Washington
    Bud Dupree
    James Conner (Again)
    Juju (Again)

#3 and #4 is because there's still naysayers that say the offense won't do anything without Bell or AB. IMO, Conner and Juju already got it done, but they're gonna do it again and shut up the critics for good.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    My list:

James Washington
    Bud Dupree
    James Conner (Again)
    Juju (Again)

#3 and #4 is because there's still naysayers that say the offense won't do anything without Bell or AB. IMO, Conner and Juju already got it done, but they're gonna do it again and shut up the critics for good.
    Yes and even if JuJu and Conner may not have the same stats as last year (especially for JuJu in Catch and Yards) I think they'll be very good

I think our passing game will be more balanced this year ... Last year JuJu and Brown had over 165 targets but the 3rd WR with the most target was Switzer at 44 ... I think Ben will distribute the ball to everyone this year, instead of forcing the ball into double coverage which was sometimes a problem...Ben, JuJu and other players talked about one of the goals of this offense were to share the ball to everyone this year.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I say 'Go big or go home'. The guy who proves the doubters wrong in 2019 is Artie Burns...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler