Thread: Ryan Shazier: Rookie ILB Devin Bush will 'be a big-time player' for Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ryan Shazier: Rookie ILB Devin Bush will 'be a big-time player' for Steelers

When the Pittsburgh Steelers traded up to select Devin Bush with the 10th overall pick in the 2019 draft, the linebacker was thought to be the second coming of Ryan Shazier, the final piece of the puzzle that has been Pittsburgh's spotty defense.

"To me, I think Devin's going to have a great year," Shazier said on NFL Total Access on Wednesday on behalf of Dick's Sporting Goods. "He's been showing amazing progress every day while he's been in camp. You've seen the way he plays. He had 10 tackles in the first half (against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers). Sometimes it's hard for people to get 10 tackles in two games.

"I think he's going to make a lot of splash for us. He's going to be a big-time player for us. I don't want to put too many expectations on him but I know one of his goals is to win defensive MVP and I want to do whatever I can to help him out. I think he's not gonna be that far away from it. I think he's gonna have a great year."

Shazier, who's been sidelined in Pittsburgh since suffering a serious spinal injury and undergoing spinal stabilization surgery, has been around Bush and the Steelers throughout the summer. On occasion, Shazier says, Bush and he have had one-on-one sessions to discuss his role as Pittsburgh's star inside linebacker.

"A lot of times he might ask me some questions when things might go on in meetings. Sometimes we might watch film together," Shazier added. "I had some great leaders when I played and I'm just truly thankful for the player I am because of the insight they gave me. So sometimes I give him some insight. I don't know if he's listening to it or not, but I just kinda try to give him the insight I wish someone would've gave me."

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Re: Ryan Shazier: Rookie ILB Devin Bush will 'be a big-time player' for Steelers

Re: Ryan Shazier: Rookie ILB Devin Bush will 'be a big-time player' for Steelers

Bush is the favorite to win the defensive player of the year(in Nfl.com...)

Defensive Rookie of the Year
    1. Devin Bush (12 votes: Battista, Blair, Chadiha, Davis, Jones, Jones-Drew, Mariucci, O'Hara, Patra, Rank, Schein, Trotter)
    2. Brian Burns (6 votes: Baldinger, Bergman, Filice, Parr, Rosenthal, Sessler)
    3. Quinnen Williams (4 votes: Dameshek, Gbajabiamila, Grant, Thomas)
    T-4. Josh Allen (3 votes: Bhanpuri, Brandt, Cersosimo)
    T-4. Devin White (3 votes: Carr, Casserly, Hall)
    6. Rashan Gary (1 vote: Reece)

Why Adam Schein chose Devin Bush: Devin Bush was put on this earth to play middle linebacker for the Steelers. He's a stud. He's a leader. He's a tackling machine. Pittsburgh is going to love him, and the Michigan product will dominate the way Darius Leonard did for the Colts last year.

read more

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    There was a small video on Twitter of Shazier catching the ball in warmups. He clearly still has a limp in his walk. At this point he should focus on becoming a coach and not think about playing again. Walking is NOT overrated and pretty much a nice luxury the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    There was a small video on Twitter of Shazier catching the ball in warmups. He clearly still has a limp in his walk. At this point he should focus on becoming a coach and not think about playing again. Walking is NOT overrated and pretty much a nice luxury the rest of your life.
    We can not prevent a person accomplish his dreams if it's possible...I will be happy for him if he is able to play again, but at the same time I hope that the doctors will make the right decision in his case ... No reason that Shazier has the green light of the doctor if they are not 100 % sure.I trust the doctor but sometimes the doctor does not always make the right decision .... I know it's a different situation and it's in another sport but we have already seen a player play even if it was too risky for his career ... I'm talking about Kevin Durant with the Warriors in June in the NBA.

I would also love Shazier to become a position coach with a big contract if this is possible to make up for the money he lost because of his injury.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Bush is the favorite to win the defensive player of the year(in Nfl.com...)

Defensive Rookie of the Year
    1. Devin Bush (12 votes: Battista, Blair, Chadiha, Davis, Jones, Jones-Drew, Mariucci, O'Hara, Patra, Rank, Schein, Trotter)
    2. Brian Burns (6 votes: Baldinger, Bergman, Filice, Parr, Rosenthal, Sessler)
    3. Quinnen Williams (4 votes: Dameshek, Gbajabiamila, Grant, Thomas)
    T-4. Josh Allen (3 votes: Bhanpuri, Brandt, Cersosimo)
    T-4. Devin White (3 votes: Carr, Casserly, Hall)
    6. Rashan Gary (1 vote: Reece)

Why Adam Schein chose Devin Bush: Devin Bush was put on this earth to play middle linebacker for the Steelers. He's a stud. He's a leader. He's a tackling machine. Pittsburgh is going to love him, and the Michigan product will dominate the way Darius Leonard did for the Colts last year.

read more

Wow, this is a big change from all the pre draft comments around here, such as:

-Bush doesn't have many INT's or Splash plays.
    -Bush doesn't have as many TFL as Devin White.
    -Bush is too small to be good in coverage or between the tackles.

Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds and his performance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Where was Bush in the Carolina game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    played only in the first half, had 6 total tackles 5 of which were solo.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    30 snaps

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Quit trolling. Seriously. It’s becoming old.

When people ask “questions” it should not immediately be perceived as negative, and it certainly shouldn’t be misrepresented as derision. It’s okay for posters to ask questions. Really, it is.

For example, you are a Michigan fan. Ergo, several posters looked for your insight about Bush, Winovich, and several other Wolverines. But, if you’re going to turn those “questions” into jabs at other posters, well then, maybe people should just stop asking your opinion.

Or, you can carry on.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Wait a second...

YOU did not want Bush. YOU wanted Germaine Pratt. That is too rich. So, yes, please... carry on.

Bush is 3rd by Espn for the defense player of the year behind Quinnen Williams and Devin White...This vote was very close for the first 3

3. Devin Bush, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Ditto a lot of what we just said about White. Bush is supposed to be the Steelers' Ryan Shazier replacement, which they've needed for a while now. The Steelers are counting on Bush coming out of Michigan as a seasoned player and ready-made professional to man the middle of the linebacking corps and bring some stability where they've lacked it lately.

read more

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...okie-year-more

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Everything about this play was perfect. The IQ, quickness/speed, fantastic form on tackle.

Bush will be a joy to watch for years to come.