Thread: Ryan Switzer Says Pressure Not On JuJu, Should Be On Other WR's

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ryan Switzer Says Pressure Not On JuJu, Should Be On Other WR's

Steelers receiver talks about passing offense post-AB

PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan)- Steelers wide receiver Ryan Switzer joined The Fan Morning Show Tuesday to talk about how things have gone so far in 2019 and how the offense will look now that Antonio Brown has left the unit.

Switzer believes that top target JuJu Smith-Schuster shouldn't necessarily be the one tasked to pull the extra load.

"It's going to be a collective effort because we know what JuJu can do. I think it's unfair to put any more pressure on JuJu because he's pretty much exhausted everything. It's hard to improve on what's done his first two years in the league. If we can just get the same of what he's done, I believe the pressure should be on the other guys, myself included, to help him and to step up and take some of the spotlight off of him so he can continue to have the success that he's had.

I'm looking foward to it, I don't believe things are going to change that much. Watching football pretty much my whole life, I know that Ben has always been a guy to spread the ball around and throwing it to different targets. We're looking forward to that, I think the guys are excited for their opportunity to show what they can do, myself being one of those guys."

Switzer is in a battle for playing time among a talented receivers room and relishes the opportunity to compete every day.

"It's been a healthy competition. You're fighting for opportunites, you're fighting for reps, you're fighting for catches, but at the end of the day we all know that there's one consistent goal within our room and that's to be playing in February. And when you have the leader of your room feel that same way as we do with 19, you're in a pretty good situation.

read more

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...uld-be-other-w

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Ryan Switzer Says Pressure Not On JuJu, Should Be On Other WR's

there's pressure on Ryan Switzer to make the team...