Thread: Former Bears 4th overall pick, RB Cedric Benson, has passed away

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Former Bears 4th overall pick, RB Cedric Benson, has passed away

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Former Bears 4th overall pick, RB Cedric Benson, has passed away

I sold my bike last month. I went down about 2 years ago after surviving 2 near misses in less than 8 months. Never felt the same with the population explosion here.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Cedric Benson NFL Running Back Dead at 36 ... Motorcycle Crash

Ex-NFL running back Cedric Benson -- the #4 overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft -- was killed in a motorcycle crash in Austin, Texas late Saturday night. He was only 36.
    Benson -- who was a superstar at the University of Texas from 2001 to 2004 -- was reportedly driving his bike with a passenger when they got into an accident with another vehicle around 10 PM.
    The passenger -- who has not yet been identified -- was also killed in the wreck. Two other adults were injured. Officials are investigating the accident. Unclear what specifically caused the crash..........

read more @

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/18/cedri...orcycle-crash/

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I sold my bike last month. I went down about 2 years ago after surviving 2 near misses in less than 8 months. Never felt the same with the population explosion here.
    Good move. I’m shocked by the number of bikers who still don’t wear helmets.
    Bikes are very popular here in S.C. but helmets are still optional.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sad to hear. I hope he was ready to meet God.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Sad to hear. I hope he was ready to meet God.
    I doubt any of us are ready. 36 is way too young. God knows best......

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

RIP Cedric Benson condolences to those he left behind

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I understand your feeling on selling the bike ALLD, I STILL ride and it does get crazy out there, especially with the damn cell phones. I wish I had a dime for everytime someone pulled up to a stop sign, looks right at you, and PULLS out anyway. I learned to do alot of lane changing rapidly. Also, as you ride in the slow lane and come upon a car next to you with the driver eifher talking or txting and just changes lanes as their next to you. You definitely have to drive defensively. But, I love riding and the time to just ' think'. I live in a rural area, so besides motor vehicles, I also have to be on the alert for the 4 legged opponents. I'm glad you are still with us my fellow biker...maybe some day you'll ride again and we'll wave to each other as we pass. RIP Cedric Benson, prayers and fond memories to your family and friends.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

After riding almost 40 years I gave it up almost cold turkey. I keep telling myself I will be back, but I am so busy right now that it will be awhile.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I rode motorcycles for years, but decided a couple years ago to move to a sports car.

I had plenty of close calls, but I never put the bike down or was involved in an accident. I always rode sport bikes, so my age was also a factor. It was getting more and more painful and difficult to ride the bike hard and still be able to enjoy myself as I have gotten older.

I also had a close friend of mine that was killed on a motorcycle when a tractor trailer backed over him at a red light. Nothing ever felt the same about a motorcycle after that, even though I still rode for a while. The risks were outweighing the rewards, and I always thought about that horrible incident....I couldn't get it out of my head.

My wife also asked me to give up riding and said I should get a Corvette instead because I had been thinking about getting one for a few years. She never really liked the risk of me riding, but she tolerated it because she knew how much I loved it.

I now have a Vette, but I have to admit that I still do think about riding from time to time. Overall, I think I made the right choice selling the bike and I am certainly enjoying the car.

It's not an easy decision to make. It's a very personal decision.

There is no right or wrong choice.