Thread: Roethlisberger backs out of North Shore restaurant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Roethlisberger backs out of North Shore restaurant

Ben Roethlisberger has spiked a plan to open a restaurant on the North Shore.

In a statement Friday, the Steelers quarterback said he and his family decided to give up the venture so that he could devote his full attention to the upcoming season, which starts in three weeks.

“After much consideration, my family and I decided it was best to step away from our opportunity to build a restaurant on the North Shore,” he said.

“While we were thrilled about the potential journey to do something new and exciting in the city of Pittsburgh, we felt it was the right decision to focus all my time and energy into pursuing a Super Bowl championship in the upcoming 2019 season.”........

read more @ https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...er_PGSportsNow

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Roethlisberger backs out of North Shore restaurant

I didn't even know he was still considering one, but okay.

Try again after his eighth ring.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Good move.
    Tough business.
    Stick to what you do best.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The only business worse than a restaurant is a bar. Wouldn’t advise it to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The only business worse than a restaurant is a bar. Wouldn’t advise it to anyone!
    I can see restaurant being difficult, but I would think a bar would be easy money?
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I can see restaurant being difficult, but I would think a bar would be easy money?
    Nope. All the issues with a restaurant plus insurance, liability, liquor control board, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Nope. All the issues with a restaurant plus insurance, liability, liquor control board, etc.
    And always the threat of one of your employees screwing up and serving a minor.
    "Under the Pennsylvania Crimes Code, the Commonwealth can charge any server or licensee with a misdemeanor of the 3rd degree. Right now in Pennsylvania if you are convicted of misdemeanor, you aren’t eligible for an expungement; this, however, may soon change. A first time offender faces minimum $1,000.00 fine and a $2,500.00 for a second offense along with possibly up to 1 year in jail." They can also be sued by the person's parents or other bodies of interest.