Thread: Dak Prescott Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Dak Prescott Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Dak Prescott Seeking 40m Per Year Deal

in that case, it will be cheaper for the Cowgirls to just let Dak play out his contract and then franchise him for a couple of years.

Some will say that everyone wants 40 million a year, but sometimes you have to be realistic in your contracts, otherwise you can lose very big

Another big season for Patrick Mahomes (like 35 TD pass), he's going to be in a very good position to have 40 million a year next year, but Prescott? ... C'mon, he's average at best and he could lose very big if he does not have a new contract this year and he remains average this year ... Best case scenario is that he performs in the playoffs like Joe Flacco in 2012 .... But very doubtful a run like that will happen again, especially by a QB who was up and down and I believe that even before his playoffs run in 2012, Flacco had been better than Prescott in his first 3-4 years of his career ... Flacco had a better argument, so Prescott could lose very big

Dak Prescott reportedly turned down $30 million per year offer, wants $40 million annually

Things are heating up between Dak Prescott and the Cowboys as contract talks wage on

The Dallas Cowboys are familiar with this dance.

When they finally approached Dak Prescott to broach the topic of his inevitable contract extension, they did so with an initial offer in hand. While, officially, it's unknown what their first offer was, there's a new report that suggests the latest offer from the team involves an average annual salary of around $30 million -- per Michael Lombardi of The Athletic -- which lends to a recent proclamation by team exec Stephen Jones that Prescott, Amari Cooper, and Ezekiel Elliott all have "top-5" deals in front of them.

The problem for the Cowboys is obvious because a $30 million per year offer was more attractive earlier this offseason before two major events took place.

In April, the Seattle Seahawks reset the QB market by awarding Russell Wilson a historic four-year, $140 million extension that includes $107 million in guaranteed money and, two months later, the Philadelphia Eagles raised the floor by granting Carson Wentz a four-year, $128 million extension that quietly exceeds Wilson's guaranteed metric with $107.87 million. That realistically puts the window for negotiation between $32 million AAS (average annual salary) and $35 million AAS, because Prescott isn't apt to accept less money than Wentz, and for good reason.

Despite Wentz having been a No. 2 overall draft pick, and Prescott a fourth-round compensatory selection, it's the latter having bested the former in nearly every category across the board -- from wins to passing yards to completion percentage to yards per attempt to game-winning drives to fourth-quarter comebacks, so forth and so on. It's also in the most important category of them all that Prescott owns the throne, having not missed a single game since ascending to the NFL ranks. Wentz, however, has played only one complete season in three years, and many are concerned about his longterm durability.

Despite all of this, Prescott's rookie contract maxes at $2.7 million -- ten times less than the $27 million Wentz was set to earn on his initial deal -- by virtue of the predetermined rookie wage scale.

read more

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...lion-annually/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

cool story bro, i want 40 million too

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Honestly, they may be better off just letting him walk and letting some other sucker organization pay him that kind of money and start their QB search from scratch than pay him $40 million. $40 million is ridiculous. For that kind of money tied up to one guy, you'll never be able to build a real team with depth. This combined with the fact that Dak is mediocre and the Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl with him.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

so dak wants 40 million and elliot probably wants 40 million make it happen jerrah how bout dem cowboys

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What difference does it make? Going to be a lockout/walkout anyway once the new CBA meetings get started. Ask for the moon. Offer him $5 a game. Worthless chatter anyway.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    so dak wants 40 million and elliot probably wants 40 million make it happen jerrah how bout dem cowboys
    don't forget Amari Cooper, he probably wants $40 million too...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

How well does he think he will do in Dallas with that salary and a minimum wage OL?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Prescott trying to reset the QB market? He wants #1 QB and #1 RB money

oh yeah not happening btw.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I have a ton more respoect for Romo than I do Perscott. Tony was an undrafted free agent who was never really supposed to be a starter when he began his career. He may not have taken them to a Superbowl but he kept them relevant and won a few playoff games. Yes his career was over when his back was hurt, but he a shit load better than Prescott will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I have a ton more respoect for Romo than I do Perscott. Tony was an undrafted free agent who was never really supposed to be a starter when he began his career. He may not have taken them to a Superbowl but he kept them relevant and won a few playoff games. Yes his career was over when his back was hurt, but he a shit load better than Prescott will ever be.
    Yeah, I never liked Cowboys but I was always more afraid of Romo than I am right now with Prescott

Zeke Elliott is what makes that offense go. If we're playing Dallas, if I'm the D-coordinator I'm looking for ways to stop their running game and make prescott beat us. In other words he's not what I'm afraid of either.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s really kinda basic. Elliott should get a couple bucks more than Gurley. He’s the best back in the league. Cooper gets money in the Braden Cooks range. Prescott gets the less money than Wentz range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I wonder how much of that $30M offer was actual money and how much paid him on the back end so he really plays for $10M/year until year 5 when he gets re-negotiated or traded or just cut. "Turned down an offer of $30M" without details looks like spin to me. If money is not guaranteed in the contract, then it's not money in the contract long term. Not saying Dak deserves either contract or not. Just making the point we don't know what this "$30M" offer actually offered that he turned down. I'm not even sure he has earned a new contract at all.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I wonder how much of that $30M offer was actual money and how much paid him on the back end so he really plays for $10M/year until year 5 when he gets re-negotiated or traded or just cut. "Turned down an offer of $30M" without details looks like spin to me. If money is not guaranteed in the contract, then it's not money in the contract long term. Not saying Dak deserves either contract or not. Just making the point we don't know what this "$30M" offer actually offered that he turned down. I'm not even sure he has earned a new contract at all.
    I don't think that is the case at all, it would have come out by now from him or his agent if it was. I saw in one of the links that he is basing it on the Wentz contract and that he has out performed Wentz in head to head competition. It will be interesting to see how it plays out as I know nothing about the backups and if Jerry is willing to take a chance on any of them.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

No way I would pay Dak that kind of money! He has been in the heat too long LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    No way I would pay Dak that kind of money! He has been in the heat too long LOL!
    But will Jerry that is the question.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jerruh:

“Picture you were a driver of a car and you had a wreck and your hand was almost severed off, but you didn’t understand your anatomy. You look down, you’re spurting blood, you open the door, and run to the woods and either die bleeding to death or shock. The educated man looks down, knows his anatomy, squeezes and knows his best chance is to wait for help. That’s because he’s been there a lot and done that. So I’m squeezing and waiting for help.”

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Does anyone really think Dak Prescott was the reason why the Cowboys were winning?

He's good enough not to fuck things up, but that's all. Without a really good supporting cast, what you get is like 9-7 and no playoffs, or 10-6 and barely making the playoffs, just like the last couple seasons.

Guess what you're not going to get when your QB is making $40 million - a really good supporting cast.

It will also only get harder as opponents continue to figure out his game. Basically the same career potential as Russell Wilson, only without any Super Bowls because the Cowboys didn't hit a "once-every-20-years-in-the-whole-league" defensive draft. They'd better get rid of that dickhead and start over, unless they want to be mediocre for the next 10 years trying to make this work when it won't.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Does anyone really think Dak Prescott was the reason why the Cowboys were winning?

He's good enough not to fuck things up, but that's all. Without a really good supporting cast, what you get is like 9-7 and no playoffs, or 10-6 and barely making the playoffs, just like the last couple seasons.

Guess what you're not going to get when your QB is making $40 million - a really good supporting cast.

It will also only get harder as opponents continue to figure out his game. Basically the same career potential as Russell Wilson, only without any Super Bowls because the Cowboys didn't hit a "once-every-20-years-in-the-whole-league" defensive draft. They'd better get rid of that dickhead and start over, unless they want to be mediocre for the next 10 years trying to make this work when it won't.
    The Cowboys would be very happy if Dak Prescott becomes good that Russell Wilson is right now

The arguments for Prescott...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

All those other QBs are much better than Prescott.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    All those other QBs are much better than Prescott.
    MUCH, MUCH Better.