Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Steelers' decision is looking even better in wake of AB's new helmet saga and offseason in Oakland

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: The Steelers' decision is looking even better in wake of AB's new helmet saga and offseason in Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I think I may have mentioned this before but since you asked. It goes back to when he was an announcer and went out of his way to state what a misunderstood player Burfect was. He was shitting all over the Steelers that game and I have not forgotten. in my not so humble opinion Burfect is a piece of shit player and anyone who so adamantly defends him must be in the same boat. He is an over rated coach who's only SB was with the team Dungy built so I don't get how come the press fawns all over him like he's some sort of genius.

btw that was also the game where Ju Ju hit Burfect and stood over him. Gruden was outraged by this yet he defends Burfect's actions??? Go figure.

Just so you know it has nothing to do with him being a Raider
    Thank you. I at least understand now...lol. I wasn't aware of any of that, but I can see where you are coming from. I'm not a fan of Burfect either.... and I wish he wasn't a Raider either. I wish a lot of things that I have no control over...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: The Steelers' decision is looking even better in wake of AB's new helmet saga and offseason in Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Thank you. I at least understand now...lol. I wasn't aware of any of that, but I can see where you are coming from. I'm not a fan of Burfect either.... and I wish he wasn't a Raider either. I wish a lot of things that I have no control over...lol.
    No worries and I am glad you asked. I know a lot of things have happened to your team that you don't agree with. Gruden was not your choice, nor was Burfect nor Brown. It's a shame but as you say you have no say so in that. If you ever have any other questions let me know.

I like the fact that even though you are not a Steelers fan you come here to give us your point of view and you do it without causing trouble.

I am not sure if you saw it but I had posted earlier today that I thought it was cool during the last CBA that the Raiders at least did not vote. In that sense they were the only other team besides us to not agree to the CBA.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

If the Pats win the SB the ring for Antonio Brown would be worth even less than each of the rings that Kevin Durant won with the Warriors, since the Pats in the Brady and Belichick era won 6 super bowl, 9 super bowl game, 13 AFC title game and they won 3 SB in the last 5 years and they played in the super bowl in the last 3 years.

If the Pats do not win the Super Bowl this year, that's for sure that the Raiders, Steelers and almost all the NFL fan are going to have a field day against Brown no matter what if the pats are not winning a SB this year.Even if AB wins a ring this year, his legacy will be no better, since he cheated like crazy to sign with the Pats

At least Durant had waited before being a free agent to sign with the Warriors

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Returning basically the same team minus Gronk was still more than enough to make them heavy favorites to repeat. AB sends their odds from like 90% to 93%.
    I'd say it was more like 0% and it went to 0%. Nothing that hideous shitstain of a franchise ever accomplished counts for anything and it never will. They can keep the Super Bowl loss against the '85 Bears and the three against the Giants and Eagles, though, I guess - those were kind of funny.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

The important thing we are all missing in this mess. OJ Simpson is happy that Brown went to the Patriots and should put up good stats for OJ's fantasy football team. All with the world is right.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    The important thing we are all missing in this mess. OJ Simpson is happy that Brown went to the Patriots and should put up good stats for OJ's fantasy football team. All with the world is right.
    I am waiting to see what OJ does for my fantasy stabbing team. I picked him and Ray Lewis 1-2, and so far it's been a huge disappointment.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I am waiting to see what OJ does for my fantasy stabbing team. I picked him and Ray Lewis 1-2, and so far it's been a huge disappointment.
    You should have pick The Zodiac Killer in round 8 or 9 and he was my sleeper pick this year.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I’m sorry S & B. I actually liked the Raiders. I actually even started feeling bad for AB with all his mental issues. He was such a great player for the Steelers for so long that I still wanted him to pull it together and salvage his HOF career.

But after this... with it all ending in the WORST situation for the Steelers, and With AB whining and crazying his way into the ideal situation for himself.

So sorry. I’ll never forgive the Raiders for handing that jackass his dream situation. And for making life for the Steelers and even worse.

The Raiders had the power. They could have traded him to Arizona or something for a 7th round draft pick. But they released him like total cucks.

I’ll hate the Raiders forever for allowing this to happen.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I don’t think AB is suddenly going to stop being an ass just because he’s with the patsies. I wouldn’t be surprised if they let him go as well, specially if they start to struggle....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Unfortunately, I believe AB is going to be an angel with the Pats

I hope I'm going to be wrong...
    I think so too. He wanted out of Pittsburgh. I think he basically used the Raiders as a way to wiggle into free agency. Now, he got what he wanted. Another QB that will help drive his stats forward. However, I wonder what's going to happen the first time he's late for a meeting and gets suspended from a game. One thing about Bill-I-Cheat, he doesn't put up with anyone being late for meetings or deadlines. That'll be fun to watch.

I am happy not to be facing the Pats* with Brown playing, however. In some ways, I'm surprised the Pats* took so long to sign him and missed the deadline for the game. Then again, who's to say he wasn't sitting on the phone have the night giving up offensive plays?

My guess, that's exactly what he was doing.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Unfortunately, I believe AB is going to be an angel with the Pats

I hope I'm going to be wrong...
    I agree. He will be the AB of old...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

All I know is lets kick some Patriot ass on their home turf tonight. Lets do it for Johnny!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I’m sorry S & B. I actually liked the Raiders. I actually even started feeling bad for AB with all his mental issues. He was such a great player for the Steelers for so long that I still wanted him to pull it together and salvage his HOF career.

But after this... with it all ending in the WORST situation for the Steelers, and With AB whining and crazying his way into the ideal situation for himself.

So sorry. I’ll never forgive the Raiders for handing that jackass his dream situation. And for making life for the Steelers and even worse.

The Raiders had the power. They could have traded him to Arizona or something for a 7th round draft pick. But they released him like total cucks.

I’ll hate the Raiders forever for allowing this to happen.
    Yea, I understand. I'm not very happy with the Raiders at the moment either.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

What absolute crap. We all know he did this on purpose. The Raiders are fucking idiots, but they weren't going to pay the guy to not play.

I've never wished injury on anyone but I may reconsider my rules. What a piece of garbage the league is for allowing this.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I agree. He will be the AB of old...
    I'm not sure he can be that. Plus, it seems as though he wasn't such an angel even then. He was just more quiet about it. I wonder how long it'll take for him to chafe under the Bill-I-Cheat dictatorship.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Can someone explain to me why the Raiders flat out released him instead of seeking a trade and getting something for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'm not sure he can be that. Plus, it seems as though he wasn't such an angel even then. He was just more quiet about it. I wonder how long it'll take for him to chafe under the Bill-I-Cheat dictatorship.
    I guarantee you BB made it clear to Rosenhaus that AB will be shown the door the minute he does anything stupid. He thinks Ben's criticism was tough, Brady will absolutely not take any of AB's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the Raiders flat out released him instead of seeking a trade and getting something for him?
    Because they are the Raiders.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Trade would require the new team to pay AB under his Raiders contract or pay some of it while the Raiders paid the rest (as with Texans paying part of Clowney’s contract in the trade with Seattle)

Raiders contend they owe AB nothing and teams such as the Pats who got him presumably were looking to pay AB on a one year deal with less $$ guaranteed than the amount under AB’s contract with the Raiders since he is regarded as even more unstable than when few teams wanted to do a trade with the Steelers earlier this year

Add to that AB saying screw any trade he did not like and the Raiders were screwed

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm not sure he can be that.
    I'm sure he can't be that.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That’s the thing though. He will be that because he wants to stick it to the Raiders and the Steelers. So I’m expecting a Randy Moss type relationship with the Patriots and then he will get a monster deal next year that will make $30M guaranteed look like Chump Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler