Thread: Antonio Brown threatens NFL with liability if he’s injured in a new helmet

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Antonio Brown threatens NFL with liability if he’s injured in a new helmet

Antonio Brown threatens NFL with liability if he’s injured in a new helmet

Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2019

One of the first lessons in law school goes like this: When the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. When the law is on your side, pound on the law. When neither is on your side, pound on the table.

Antonio Brown‘s legal team is pounding on the table.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-a-new-helmet/

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown threatens NFL with liability if he’s injured in a new helmet

Was this guy THIS nuts when he played for the Steelers??? Was he so damn worth the bullshit that you just accepted his stupid shit? I really hope Gruden sends his dumb ass packing. Fuck this jack ass.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Was this guy THIS nuts when he played for the Steelers??? Was he so damn worth the bullshit that you just accepted his stupid shit? I really hope Gruden sends his dumb ass packing. Fuck this jack ass.
    Brown was always a diva, but the steelers were able to control him ... but since last year, it's awful

On reddit...

A list of every AB drama incident

Dated Incidents:

9/7/14: Kicks Spencer Lanning in the face during a punt return

1/15/17: Facebook live streaming a locker room only speech given by Tomlin

10/1/17: Tosses cooler on the sideline against the Ravens because Ben didn't target him

7/28/18: Shows up to training camp in a helicopter

8/12/18: Appeared over four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital without any explanation as to why he was so late

9/7/18: Makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

9/12/18: He threatened to beat up a reporter after an unflattering article. "Wait until I see u bro we gonna see what your jaw like"

9/17/18: In response to a critical tweet saying that Ben was the person responsible for AB's success, AB tweeted back "Trade Me, Find Out."

9/17/18: After a loss to the Chiefs, Brown didn't show up for monday meetings. He said he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

10/9/18: Threw furniture off of a 14th story balcony and almost killed a toddler

11/8/18: Clocked over 100mph on McKnight Road, 55mph over the posted speed limit. He then told police that he was late for a team meeting.

12/25/18: Repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after losing an important game 31-28 against the Saints

12/30/18: Skipped team practice before a pivotal Week 17 game against the Bengals. Showed up to the game, told he wasn't going to play, and left at halftime.

1/17/19: Shoved his baby mama to the ground

2/1/19: Dyed his mustache a hideous blonde

2/18/19: Names himself Mr. Big Chest during a post workout instagram live video

3/2/19: AB in a ESPN interview: " I don’t need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they want to play, they’re going to play by my rules.”

3/13/19: AB in his first press Raiders press conference “There will be a new standard. … There will be fines. I can’t do it all in one day but we’re going to change things here.”

4/7/19: Got butthurt that JuJu was named 2018 Steelers MVP posting on instagram "boy fumbled the whole post season in the biggest game of the year"

4/7/19: Reposted a text from Juju from when Juju was at USC asking AB for advice on how to be a better receiver.

5/14/19: When he returned to Pittsburgh for the first time after his trade, he claims that he "never got to say goodbye".

7/26/19: Entered Raider training camp in a hot air balloon

7/28/19: Reposted to his own youtube channel the SB Nation video about his own drama with Ben

8/3/19: Bizarre feet frostbite because he didn't wear proper footwear in a France Cryochamber

8/9/19: Threatens to retire because the NFL won't allow him to wear his favorite helmet

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...rama_incident/

This one is a article 7 month ago...

Antonio Brown's 18 bizzare off-the-field headlines since the 2017 season ended

• Brown took to Instagram to publicly call out his girlfriend and mother of his children for not taking care of her children from a previous relationship.
    • Brown skipped most of OTAs after he saw Roethlisberger wasn't there. Roethlisberger later admitted he had a pre-planned family vacation during the optional practices.
    • Brown slammed the media on the first day of mandatory minicamp, appearing to question why he plays, saying, “Am I playing football to make a lot of money or am I playing football to take care of my family?” Brown continued, saying the media puts pressure on him and that he is unable to go out in public because of it.
    • Brown showed up in a helicopter to training camp.
    • Brown disappeared for a week during training camp. Mike Tomlin claimed that he had been sent to Pittsburgh for medical tests, but Brown was filmed in a pool in Miami.
    • Brown reportedly called Bouchette a “racist” after Bouchette tweeted that Brown was limping at training camp. He then called Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter. Reportedly, Brown apologized to Bouchette.
    • Brown showed up more than four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital, offering no explanation as to why he was so late.
    • Brown makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”
    • Brown threatened to assault ESPN’s The Undefeated reporter Jesse Washington, saying “wait to I see you bro we gone see what your jaw like.” Brown then issued a public apology, then went on a strange tirade to media in which he called himself an ”exceptionalism.”
    • Brown was spotted by CBS cameras hugging former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley during a game against Cleveland. He then was caught bragging about reaching 10,000 career receiving yards to Haley on team’s Snapchat, minutes after the 21-21 tie.
    • Brown was seen yelling at his offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and wide receivers coach Darryl Drake on the sideline. He then left the locker room before media could ask him about it vs Chiefs.
    • Brown tweeted "trade me let's find out" when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers public relations staffer Ryan Scarpino.
    • Brown failed to show up for Monday meetings after the Chiefs game. He then told the media he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”
    • Brown was sued for trashing his Florida apartment and then claimed he had $80,000 in cash and a gun stolen from him. He was also sued for tossing furniture from the 14th floor of his apartment building, nearly hitting and, potentially, killing a 22-month-old toddler.
    • Brown was cited for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour on McKnight Road, which was over 55 miles per hour more than the posted speed limit. Brown reportedly told police that he was late for a team meeting.
    • Brown repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after Steelers losses, including a crucial 31-28 loss in New Orleans.
    • Brown reportedly got into a disagreement with Roethlisberger in practice, throws a football at him and leaves practice.
    • Brown reportedly skips the team’s walk through the day before Bengals game, shows up before the game, is told he won’t play and leaves at halftime.
    All of these incidents, some major, some minor, have occurred since the last offseason. Brown, who will turn 31 in July, is set to have a base salary of $12,625,000 in 2019. He is signed through the 2021 season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...eld_headlines/

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The bigger problem is the guy who brought him in. Since being brought back to the Raiders Gruden has lost Mack and Cooper, and brought in Martavis, AB, Burfect (for his leadership no less), and Incognito. I will give him credit for making Hard Knocks must see tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The bigger problem is the guy who brought him in. Since being brought back to the Raiders Gruden has lost Mack and Cooper, and brought in Martavis, AB, Burfect (for his leadership no less), and Incognito. I will give him credit for making Hard Knocks must see tv.
    Remember in the MNF in 2017 between the Steelers and the Bengals, Jon Gruden was talking as if Burfict was a legendary linebacker on the field.

It's not just about the QB that Gruden struggle to judge the talent ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I disagree. Mack was NEVER going to play for the Raiders again. They did well with the compensation for him, considering the circumstances. The Raiders would have been no better off for keeping him than they were for dealing him. Cooper...... What good is WR that can't catch the ball.... or won't??? Martavis was a mistake... can't argue that with you. Incognito.... we need nasty and agressive on this team. Burfect... read the previous.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of either of those guys, but if they can bring W's to my team....... bring it!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He used to be a likeable human being for many years, or at least he did job of projecting that in public. It's really the last couple of years he's showed his whack side, but yeah he seems to be getting worse and worse and worse

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I disagree. Mack was NEVER going to play for the Raiders again. They did well with the compensation for him, considering the circumstances. The Raiders would have been no better off for keeping him than they were for dealing him. Cooper...... What good is WR that can't catch the ball.... or won't??? Martavis was a mistake... can't argue that with you. Incognito.... we need nasty and agressive on this team. Burfect... read the previous.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of either of those guys, but if they can bring W's to my team....... bring it!
    I will admit I didn't follow it all that close but what was the issue with Mack and Cooper?

Do you really see leadership skills in Burfect? The guy can't even keep himself under control enough to lead his team to their 1st playoff victory in the Marvin Lewis era, with the Bengals. If that is what you have as a leader of your team your team is in desperate shape.

Speaking of Lewis how did he fair in bringing in questionable character guys? Bengals fans said same thing you did, but it didn't get them to far. Do you really think Gruden is going to fair any better?

I will admit I didn't follow it all that close but what was the issue with Mack and Cooper?

Do you really see leadership skills in Burfect? The guy can't even keep himself under control enough to lead his team to their 1st playoff victory in the Marvin Lewis era, with the Bengals. If that is what you have as a leader of your team your team is in desperate shape.

Speaking of Lewis how did he fair in bringing in questionable character guys? Bengals fans said same thing you did, but it didn't get them to far. Do you really think Gruden is going to fair any better?
    Mack just did not want to play for the Raiders anymore He would have pulled a Bell on us. Cooper couldn't catch a cold, let alone a football when he was with us. Burfect is a POS. I do not think he's a leader in any sense of the word. I hate that he's on my team. No... I don't think Gruden will fair any better with him. I'm not really a fan of Gruden, either. I hated that Mark brought him back. In fact... I hate that Mark owns my team. I hate everything that has happened to a once proud, historic NFL team.

I can't be anything other than a Raiders fan.... I have been a fan for almost 52 years. I'm just about ready to wash my hands of the NFL. I'm a 70's football guy. I hate what the NFL has become. I hate the players, the commissioner and the owners.... along with all the over rated players that think they are owed something while making millions of $$$. The NFL is a fiasco.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Mack just did not want to play for the Raiders anymore He would have pulled a Bell on us.
    was that because the Raiders weren't going to give him the huge contract he wanted or was it something else also?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

.........................Cooper couldn't catch a cold, let alone a football when he was with us. Burfect is a POS. I do not think he's a leader in any sense of the word. I hate that he's on my team. No... I don't think Gruden will fair any better with him. I'm not really a fan of Gruden, either. I hated that Mark brought him back. In fact... I hate that Mark owns my team. I hate everything that has happened to a once proud, historic NFL team.

.......................... I'm just about ready to wash my hands of the NFL. I'm a 70's football guy. I hate what the NFL has become. I hate the players, the commissioner and the owners.... along with all the over rated players that think they are owed something while making millions of $$$. The NFL is a fiasco.

Is there anything you like?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    was that because the Raiders weren't going to give him the huge contract he wanted or was it something else also?
    That's a good question. I think it was more about the money than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Is there anything you like?
    I'll let you know when we get to Vegas. I'm just tired of the whole professional sports thing, across the board.

I'm just tired of the whole professional sports thing, across the board.
    You may just be tired of losing and I wouldn't blame you.

Of course I'm tired of losing. It isn't like I've never seen them win or be very good in my 50+ years as a Raiders fan. I'm just disinterested in the way the NFL is these days, even if the Raiders were winning again. The game, the money, the BS rules, the greed, the obvious bias for and against certain teams, etc...............

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I think that Brown has some brain damage. As much as a diva as he always was, he was never like this until the last couple of years. He played up his reputation as a diva but you always got the impression that it was all tongue and cheek. He saw how they let Mike Wallace stroll out of town when his demands got ridiculous. There answer was to give the big contract to Brown because he WASN"T disruptive. I think Brown needs some medical help at this point. He's just not right in the head.

Antonio Brown has a potential helmet loophole

Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2019,

Raiders receiver Antonio Brown has a potential helmet loophole, if he chooses to try to use it.

Brown can’t use his preferred helmet — a Schutt AiR Advantage — in 2019, because that specific helmet is more than 10 years old. However, because the NFL has not affirmatively banned from use the Schutt AiR Advantage, Brown apparently could use one that is less than 10 years old, if he can find one.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lmet-loophole/

Of course I'm tired of losing. It isn't like I've never seen them win or be very good in my 50+ years as a Raiders fan. I'm just disinterested in the way the NFL is these days, even if the Raiders were winning again. The game, the money, the BS rules, the greed, the obvious bias for and against certain teams, etc...............

Bias!?! Why whatever do you mean?

Nice try, but..........

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Remember in the MNF in 2017 between the Steelers and the Bengals, Jon Gruden was talking as if Burfict was a legendary linebacker on the field.

It's not just about the QB that Gruden struggle to judge the talent ...
    Gruden also struggles when it's time to choose a punter...