It may have just been a preseason game Friday night at Heinz Field between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but man that was fun to watch.

Pittsburgh shook off a slow start and bounced back to pull away before hanging on late for a 30-28 win over Tampa Bay to open up the preseason at 1-0, not that the result really matters.

Like I do after every game, I’ll take a shot at grading the position groups. It’s important to remember that this is a preseason game and these are rapid reactions. There were a ton of moving parts Friday night, and the camera angles weren’t great throughout the game, so if I don’t give a take on a certain player at a specific position, like the offensive and defensive lines since it’s really hard to get a feel from the TV few, please understand.

Let’s try not to overreact one way or another based on one preseason game, and let’s not panic over some of the penalty issues the Steelers had on the night. OK, now that that’s out of the way, let’s get to the grades.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/st...onal-grades-2/