Thread: My 2019 NFC Preview

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

My 2019 NFC Preview

Now we got the AFC out of the way, let's look at the conference that isn't an iteration of Groundhog Day. There are multiple contenders, however even the best of the bunch come in with question marks

The contenders

Rams: This team should still be in the thick of the race yet again, with Sean McVay, one of football's brightest young minds leading the offense and Aaron Donald a dominating defensive force leading the charge. Question remains the health of Gurley and how they bounce back from Super Bowl 53.

Eagles: Nick Foles is gone so Wentz will have to stay healthy for this team to have a chance. However this team has great talent and great coaching that with Wentz healthy they should be Super Bowl contenders

Bears: The last 2 years the NFC Championship has been won by a 2nd year up and coming offensive head coach. This year Matt Nagy is a 2nd year up and coming head coach. They also have a ferocious defense. Only questions are if Mitch Trubisky can throw a football and if they can find a kicker who can kick through the kicking net

Saints: They are one of the most talented teams in the NFL, question is, how will they deal with the devastation from the past 2 years and how will Drew Brees perform at age 40?

Definite playoff contenders

Falcons: Last year every defensive player worth anything got injured before they had a chance to be competitive. This team has enough talent to return to the playoffs if they remain healthy. The fact that they got rid of Steve Sarkisian who was awful as OC increases their playoff odds.

Seahawks: Pete Carroll as head coach and franchise cornerstones in Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner should help lift a young core of players to be competitive again

Something is there, but big question marks remain

49ers: They had talent and potential last year and now have even more with Nick Bosa arriving to potentially spark the defense after they got ravaged by injuries and went 4-12 as a result. Question is can Jimmy G stay healthy and live up to the hype? Can this team avoid the injury bug?

Packers: This all depends on Aaron Rodgers. If Rodgers returns to form, you may be able to return to the playoffs before choking again, if not, well, you'll have another winning season. You finally fired Mike McCarthy but missed an opportunity to get an upgrade and instead hired the OC from the Titans (did you see that offense last year?)

Panthers: Maybe if Cam Newton returns to MVP form they'll have a chance to compete but as he drifts farther from that season I'm counting less and less on that

Vikings: They have talent, question is, can Kirk Cousins stop choking against every team worth a damn he faces?

Overrated

Cowboys: People are hyping this team up as a Super Bowl contender because "Cowboys" but Jason Garrett is your head coach and Dak Prescott is your QB so you have no chance. Plus Zeke Elliot appears to be prepared to sit the out the season without an insane contract

No chance at the playoffs

Lions: Other than Matt Patricia being obnoxious and them trying and almost certainly failing to imitate the Patriots, I have nothing to say about this team

Bucs: Bruce Arians may be able to get Jameis to play better, but you have no chance with this defense in this tough division

Redskins: Haskins will probably need a great year just for this team to win more than 5 games this year. For the record I didn't get the Haskins hype and don't he'll pan out as a franchise QB

Bottom of the Barrel

Cardinals: This team is completely directionless, so utterly devoid of any direction it's not even funny. They fired their head coach after one year (albeit understandable he was way in over his head) and gave up on their QB after one year after trading a nice haul to get him. Now they've got a head coach who had a losing record in college and they drafted an overrated, overhyped, skinny QB prospect no. 1 and put him behind a shitty O-line. Oh and their best player is suspended 6 games

Giants: This team is utter trash. This team literally has no one other than Saquon Barkley Every notable WR (and their corp wasn't good to begin with) is hurt or suspended to start the year. Every capable player not named Saquon they didn't ship out during the season was shipped out in the offseason. It's so bad Eli Manning is 3 years past being a functional QB in the NFL yet he still is probably one of the best players on the team. This team is a laughing stock

Unlike the AFC, this conferene should be interesting this year. I will be curious as to who comes out on top this year

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: My 2019 NFC Preview

The Bears would have been my choice, but Mitch Trubisky's reports in the training camp are not positive right now ... and will comparisons with Watson and Mahomes start to haunt the bears if he does not progress much?

Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl champions in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl champions in 2019?

Yeah, that's not gonna happen

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

the Cowboys suck but the Cowgirls are #1!

I have no idea who will win the NFC ... Maybe the Eagles, but a lot more parity in the NFC

7 experts think it's going to be the saints ... Only others team with more that one vote are the eagles(with 2 votes) to win the super bowl and some other teams(like the Falcons,Cowboys,Rams,Packers,Cowboys,Bears) have one vote in the NFC

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

What would be your choice for the NFC this year if you would have to bet?

My choice is the Eagles, but I'm not too confident with that, since the NFC has a lot more parity than the AFC.

What would be your choice for the NFC this year if you would have to bet?

My choice is the Eagles, but I'm not too confident with that, since the NFC has a lot more parity than the AFC.
    The thing with the NFC is there are multiple contenders, however all of them have lingering question marks that should give someone pause. I am thinking Chicago but with caution. 2nd year young head coach with a great offensive system that helps prop up a 3rd year QB, defensive cornerstone, reminds me a lot of the Rams last year and the Bears have a better defense this year than last year's Rams too which also is arguably the best defense in the NFL. As for other contenders why I didn't go with them, I maybe should go with the Rams but Gurley's health and how they rebound from the Super Bowl loss gives me pause, the Eagles is about the durability concerns surrounding Carson Wentz, Saints it's the age of Drew Brees and how difficult it will be for them to rebound after two brutal postseason losses in a row

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The thing with the NFC is there are multiple contenders, however all of them have lingering question marks that should give someone pause. I am thinking Chicago but with caution. 2nd year young head coach with a great offensive system that helps prop up a 3rd year QB, defensive cornerstone, reminds me a lot of the Rams last year and the Bears have a better defense this year than last year's Rams too which also is arguably the best defense in the NFL. As for other contenders why I didn't go with them, I maybe should go with the Rams but Gurley's health and how they rebound from the Super Bowl loss gives me pause, the Eagles is about the durability concerns surrounding Carson Wentz, Saints it's the age of Drew Brees and how difficult it will be for them to rebound after two brutal postseason losses in a row
    The Bears would be my choice if I would have more confidence in their QB ... They have a shot, but their QB needs to take the next step.

Yesterday was one of the big reason why I did not trust Trubisky too much.

He needs to prove in the next couple week that yesterday was a fluke, otherwise the Bears could have a similar season that the Jaguars last year (maybe an overreaction, but it's hard sometimes for a team to overcome when you do not trust your QB, even if you have a very good defense)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

My NFC Predictions by Division:

NFC North
    1. Vikings
    2. Bears
    3. Packers
    4. Lions

NFC South
    1. Saints
    2. Panthers
    3. Falcons
    4. Buccaneers

NFC East
    1. Cowboys
    2. Eagles
    3. Redskins
    4. Giants

NFC West
    1. Rams
    2. Seahawks
    3. 49ers
    4. Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    My NFC Predictions by Division:

NFC North
    1. Vikings
    2. Bears
    3. Packers
    4. Lions

NFC South
    1. Saints
    2. Panthers
    3. Falcons
    4. Buccaneers

NFC East
    1. Cowboys
    2. Eagles
    3. Redskins
    4. Giants

NFC West
    1. Rams
    2. Seahawks
    3. 49ers
    4. Cardinals
    wild card?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

wild card?
    You want the 2 wild card teams? Eagles and Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You want the 2 wild card teams? Eagles and Seahawks
    Yeah