Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AB a no show at Raiders camp

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: AB a no show at Raiders camp

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    This guy has really lost his shit. I was one that didn’t love Colbert’s deal but at this stage, it’s looking like Colbert robbed the Raiders. At least until Brown shows up, catches 12 balls for 256 yards and 3 TDs...lol.

One of the biggest breakdowns in sports history?

Easily

It's so weird this thing ... I would not have wanted to have this drama there again this year...It was enough

I do not think he'll be good when he comes back, even if he's healthy ... He never played with Carr in a game (or even practiced in the training camp) and remember last year, the timing between Ben and Brown was very off in the first 4-5 games because Brown had missed most of the training camp ...

- - - Updated - - -

AB can't blame Ben for that too..

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Are you guys sure you don't want him back? I won't be mad... promise.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He won’t sit out. He needs the money and I’m pretty sure he will perform at an All-Pro level when he comes back. Not as the AB we used to know but he will still be good if his feet are okay. As for the helmet? Lol...who knows...

It’s a shame he couldn’t stay the humble AB that he was...when he was being praised for being a “class act”. Seems like decades ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is absolutely insane. Other reports indicate AB is skipping meetings and when he does show up he fiddles on his phone the whole time.

Potentially another in a growing list of Tomlin era players (and coaches - HALRY) that the Steelers and Tomlin got more out of than their next teams were ever able to. I’m starting to think that Tomlin is far far better at holding things together than he is given credit for.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Nothing is wrong with AB's helmet, but whatever's inside it is definitely broken

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is absolutely insane. Other reports indicate AB is skipping meetings and when he does show up he fiddles on his phone the whole time.

Potentially another in a growing list of Tomlin era players (and coaches - HALRY) that the Steelers and Tomlin got more out of than their next teams were ever able to. I’m starting to think that Tomlin is far far better at holding things together than he is given credit for.
    That's one of the reasons why Tomlin (and Ben) deserve a lot to have the benefit from the doubt for the drama that the steelers have had for several years ... The locker room was not a problem before the killer B's era ... I hope the drama that the steelers have had will not happen again before many many year

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Are you guys sure you don't want him back? I won't be mad... promise.
    Sorry, no refunds. Store policy.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Raise your hand if you still think Ben was the problem.......

Click on and read the entire thread...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

A live look at Antonio Brown's helmet.......

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Was my initial thought as well. How much shit did Tomlin deal with that we didn’t know about?

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    A live look at Antonio Brown's helmet.......

Lol...

More than I think about it, more than I think it's true that Burfict's hit on AB has changed for the worse for his attitude

He was a diva before, but it was not out of control since you could control him

But in 2016, he started being frustrated sometimes during the season, of course he had his facebook live ... 2017, he had the gatorade in Baltimore, but I think it was the only time the steelers have had drama with him in the entire season but since last year, it's just awful!

I always thought that even without Ben's mistake with his radio show, Brown would have asked for a trade and what happens right now is another example of that .... The shot on twitter at JuJu in April was also one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Was my initial thought as well. How much shit did Tomlin deal with that we didn’t know about?
    I think that there was/is a ton of stuff that never comes out. I just look at Bell, AB, Bryant, and Haley. All of those guys had issues in Pittsburgh that made people freak out. All of those guys also had tremendous individual and team success with the Steelers. They left for various reasons and then failed to replicate their success. Haley was clearly a toxic component in Cleveland. Bryant couldn’t even stay sober or even function in Oakland. Bell is too early to tell. And AB is apparently off his rocker.

I really do think that Tomlin is not getting near enough credit for holding things together and getting production.

Raiders gave AB this option...he declined...

I think that there was/is a ton of stuff that never comes out. I just look at Bell, AB, Bryant, and Haley. All of those guys had issues in Pittsburgh that made people freak out. All of those guys also had tremendous individual and team success with the Steelers. They left for various reasons and then failed to replicate their success. Haley was clearly a toxic component in Cleveland. Bryant couldn’t even stay sober or even function in Oakland. Bell is too early to tell. And AB is apparently off his rocker.

I really do think that Tomlin is not getting near enough credit for holding things together and getting production.
    Bell was a distraction but I don’t think he was at the level of those other guys...I was a wannabe rap star who was good at football and not too smart.

Those who also think that the Steelers had drama because of Roethlisberger and Tomlin in the last few years (as Adam Schein) should also be embarrassed

The steelers had no major problems in their locker room before that!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This guy needs therapy

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Ummmm........... Maybe. BUT.... star players get big heads and think differently through the years. I wouldn't put too much credence in Tomlin keeping one of "those guys" in line. Just sayin.

I know you are reveling in this.... I would be too, if I were you. I don't think this is the end of the world for the Raiders. It's disappointing, to say the least, but it aint the end of the world. If AB really is this fucked up, so be it. The Raiders took a shot and lost. They still have a decent receiving core without him. I would love to see what AB would/could do for my team. Having said that................... I don't really care that much.

Antonio Brown posts on social media: If I leave, will fans still love me?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...still-love-me/

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He is starting to make Terrell Owens while he was working out in his driveway look like Larry Fitzgerald by comparison

This.