Thread: 100 Millions Contract extension(5 Years) for Saints WR Michael Thomas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

100 Millions Contract extension(5 Years) for Saints WR Michael Thomas

Re: 100 Millions Contract extension(5 Years) for Saints WR Michael Thomas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't a WR not named Jerry Rice is worth $20 mil a year. But I guess this is the trend with big money contracts

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I don't a WR not named Jerry Rice is worth $20 mil a year. But I guess this is the trend with big money contracts
    The market has changed a lot in the last few years .... Before Antonio Brown's contract in 2017, Julio Jones had the biggest deal at 15 million a year .... After it was 17 millions(by AB), 18 after(for OBJ), now it is 20 millions and it will continue to be higher in the next few years.

JuJu could have a similar contract to Thomas next year if he proves this year he is the real deal and he can be a great number 1 WR.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just to rub the RB’s collective noses in it a little.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Is AB gonna hold out again? lol, he is probably pissed that he's already no longer the highest paid WR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Just to rub the RB’s collective noses in it a little.
    True, but what most RBs won't admit is they play an easier position. It's common for a rookie RB to come in and light the world on fire, especially if they play with a good offensive line. Not so much for WRs, who have a longer learning curve. And unfortunately, the fact that they take more hits, and are more likely to get injured decreases their value. If you're making a big purchase, would you buy a product that will likely break and have to be replaced in a year, or one that has a good chance of lasting 5+ years? It's a business and most RBs don't have a leg to stand on. If they hate that their position is less valuable, they should have played WR instead. If they don't have the talent for that position? Well, sorry but you can only make 8 million a year

Teams can immediately fill a RB need through the draft and it's fixed. A team trying to fix the WR position through the draft might not see results until the 2nd year. One year's difference in learning curve is huge in the NFL, most fans can't remember past a couple weeks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Is AB gonna hold out again? lol, he is probably pissed that he's already no longer the highest paid WR
    Maybe not AB but I would not be surprised if this is the case for Odell Beckman Jr!.

But for AB, wait to see if JuJu has a big contract next year (Which is what I expect especially if he proves he is the real deal as number 1 WR) and he surpasses AB for the contract, Brown will be even more jealous on JuJu!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

$12M a year for Michael Thomas...I’d pay that in a second for his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler