Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bud Dupree Says He’s Not Interested in Contract Extension with Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Bud Dupree Says He’s Not Interested in Contract Extension with Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Why not give Olasunkanmi Adeniy a chance to be a starter or at least to be in the rotation?

Sometimes it's so frustrating to see the steelers being too loyal to players that they have done nothing special in this league, even after 4 years ..... They've been too patient with Jarvis Jones and the only one reason why Jones was benched in 2016 is that the Steelers had a losing record after 9 games (4-5) .... Dupree is a better player than Jones, but you can't always wait that you are in trouble before making a change since it can be too late sometimes.

Olasunkanmi Adeniy is not even ahead of Anthony Chickillo in their rotation for the OLB if we read the comments of Butler in this article....

Except, Ola was injured last year and has only played in camp so far. So, why should he immediately get to jump to first round reps? Isn't that what people get upset about - not making players prove themselves? If Ola plays well enough in preseason, he'll get first round reps and maybe even see the field in regular season. But this early in camp, to say anything else about a player who has never seen the field at the professional level and spent the last season injured, well, I'd say it's a healthy precaution. Moving him up above players who have played in the regular season when we have no metric of how he'll perform seems unreasonable to me.

In other words. Give it time. We're not even a week into camp yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Except, Ola was injured last year and has only played in camp so far. So, why should he immediately get to jump to first round reps? Isn't that what people get upset about - not making players prove themselves? If Ola plays well enough in preseason, he'll get first round reps and maybe even see the field. But this early in camp, to say anything else about a player who has never seen the field at the professional level and spent the last season injured, well, I'd say it's a healthy precaution.

I'm just saying, he must have the opportunity at least to be in the rotation, especially over Anthony Chickillo .... Since when is Chickillo a good OLB?! ... That's what Butler said when he got says the steelers have 3 good OLB.

I hope you're right when you say that Ola is going to have at least some playing time if he continues to play well, but in the past Tomlin has often waited for the steelers to be in trouble in standing before making a change even if a change must be done, especially at this position ... I talked about Jarvis Jones earlier, no reason to see a player with 6 sacks in 4 years have 35 starts and 24 starts in the last 2 years ... As I I said, the only reason why he was benched by Tomlin was because the steelers were 4-5 .... If the steelers would have been 6-3 or something like that, Jones would have been the starter for the rest of the year .... Tomlin even said (in 2015 I believe) that Jarvis Jones was solid .... A player at this position can not have only 6 sacks in 4 years and be solid! ... He is out of the NFL since the last season with the steelers.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I'm just saying, he must have the opportunity at least to be in the rotation, especially over Anthony Chickillo .... Since when is Chickillo a good OLB?!
    well, the Cheatriots* offered Chick a 2 years $8 million contract which the Steelers matched...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Here’s an idea, why not find away to play them both. The Steelers have had some 5 and 6 LB sets.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yet another case of the Steelers sticking to lesser players for too long. This is nothing new.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yet another case of the Steelers sticking to lesser players for too long. This is nothing new.
    Damn you’re insightful.

Keith Butler: Bud Dupree Has ‘Got To Be More Aware In Terms Of Situational Football’

Bud Dupree and the way the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff have talked about him over the years has certainly been interesting. Largely predicated upon the fact that they selected him in the first round in 2015—and did so because they thought he could be very good—the team has continued to give him a lot of leeway with respect to the assumption that he remains a growing play, with an arrow pointed up.

Nobody has spoken to this more than defensive coordinator Keith Butler, who tends to be the most straight-shooting member of the coaching staff. He’s not going to say that a player is horrible, but he will be quick to point out his issues and what he needs to work on. And he did that recently when talking about Dupree.

“I think he’s got to be more aware in terms of situational football and what people are trying to do to him, reading what offensive tackles are doing”, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette quoted him as saying earlier this week. “I think sometimes he knows, but he remembers it a half-second too late. The more he plays, that will turn to reacting exactly the way he’s supposed to react and how to react”.

Half a second too late is a good way to summarize much of Dupree’s career as a player who has come close to winning a lot of one-on-one matchups, come close to finishing a lot of plays, but has only had a moderate amount of success overall.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/ke...onal-football/

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm tired of it too. Unfortunately, it's not going to change any time soon.

I literally can't stand nearly all media anymore.
    It's all about the clicks and dollars. Journalism died with newsprint and editors that used to hold reporters responsible. Now it's just crank out the garbage attention grabbing headlines facts be damned.

It's why Trump uses Twitter to get his message out. He knows the media hates him and will twist anything he says anyhow.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That's the guy who hasn't played a meaningful snap in like 2+ years?

These moment by moment breathless Twitter updates are fun but kinda meaningless maybe?

Now if alphabet soup gets reps against the opposing first team line in a preseason game and clowns people...now they're might be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That's the guy who hasn't played a meaningful snap in like 2+ years?

These moment by moment breathless Twitter updates are fun but kinda meaningless maybe?

Now if alphabet soup gets reps against the opposing first team line in a preseason game and clowns people...now they're might be something.
    Yeah, I hope that Butler and Tomlin are going to have the opportunity to him ... Today he was with the first team because just Watt was OUT and Anthony Chickillo had a day off, but if the steelers do not give a chance at Adeniyi in the preseason with the first team, I'll be upset! ... Just look at my post 31 and 33

For Hawkins, I lost hope on him ... His reports are not very good in the training camp at the moment and it's hard to recover from the injury he had (I can be wrong but it was an injury to his back, I think?)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think the Steelers are likely to take long looks at Alphabet Soup and Tupac in the preseason. Watt is the only other OLB under contract past this season. Dupree is a pending FA, and not even the Steelers would be silly enough to pay Chickfilet $6 million next year.

It took 23 years, but the steelers finally found a replacement for Rod Woodson.

I'm going to post there, since I've talked a little bit about Jarvis Jones in this thread, but it's one of the most ridiculous articles I've seen in my life!

The Seahawks must sign Jarvis Jones

https://beastpode.com/2019/08/06/sea...-mingo-jordan/

This person is probably not credible, but it's still ridiculous, since he seems to be serious!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I'm going to post there, since I've talked a little bit about Jarvis Jones in this thread, but it's one of the most ridiculous articles I've seen in my life!

The Seahawks must sign Jarvis Jones

https://beastpode.com/2019/08/06/sea...-mingo-jordan/

This person is probably not credible, but it's still ridiculous, since he seems to be serious!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Jarvis Jones is ready to be unleashed on the NFL...…...again!

Another one who believe in Dupree!

Bust Dupree"s stats last night: three tackles, two sacks, three total hits on the quarterback, and one pass defensed.

we better sign him to a long-term contract asap

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Bust Dupree"s stats last night: three tackles, two sacks, three total hits on the quarterback, and one pass defensed.

we better sign him to a long-term contract asap
    I didn't see the game ... did KC play without any offensive tackle on his side or something?
    See you Space Cowboy ...