Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Who wins the Backup QB job? Josh Dobbs vs Mason Rudolph

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Who wins the Backup QB job? Josh Dobbs vs Mason Rudolph

From what I’ve seen, I feel like Rusolph has done a Farley good job at extending plays, keeping his eyes downfield and completing the passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Are we back to passive aggressive posting?

Yes. When I watch him throw the ball compared to Ben or Dobbs, he seems to not have the same arm strength as either of them. I have no problem admitting that could be because he puts more air under the ball (something Ben had problems with on deep balls earlier in his career). But go back and watch this last game and watch the ball speed on passes. At this point, it's my one concern with Rudolph. I mean, he doesn't have a lot of escapability, either, but I'm not expecting another Ben R. or someone who can sprint out of the pocket. So I'm fine with that.

(Seems a quick search shows arm strength and velocity was a concern in the draft as well. Rudolph even admitted that he didn't have great strength or velocity, but said for him, he's focused more on accuracy).
    Just speaking in general terms in an attempt to avoid some people getting their underwear in a bunch, which tends to happen on this site. This pass last year to JuJu didn't seem to lack velocity.

Sure he isn't Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson arm strength, but he doesn't look Kyle Lauleta west coast offense weak armed. Rudolph is the #2 and an NFL QB, while Dobbs is a better runner than passer, which was shown in the preseason. IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Maybe it was just me but the team seemed like it came to life when Rudolph took the field. I really like him, he's a strong natural leader. Pretty nice pump-fakes too for having "small" hands

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Maybe it was just me but the team seemed like it came to life when Rudolph took the field. I really like him, he's a strong natural leader. Pretty nice pump-fakes too for having "small" hands
    OMG, he has Teddy Bridgewater size Hands. :jawdrop:

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    OMG, he has Teddy Bridgewater size Hands. :jawdrop:
    Well at least he doesn't have Trump hands.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Mason Rudolph. Final answer!

This is over!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    One: Who is Marcus Mosher?

Two: incredibly common practice to keep 3rd and 4th string guys around to run scout team.

Three: Can we stop just posting random crap from Twitter? At least try and see if comes from someone with more access than the rest of the posters on here. Do we copy and paste posts from here to Twitter? Nope. Because no one here is a source. Why do we insist on doing it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    One: Who is Marcus Mosher?

Two: incredibly common practice to keep 3rd and 4th string guys around to run scout team.

Three: Can we stop just posting random crap from Twitter? At least try and see if comes from someone with more access than the rest of the posters on here. Do we copy and paste posts from here to Twitter? Nope. Because no one here is a source. Why do we insist on doing it the other way around?
    It was just that Steelers depot had retweet this tweet

Sorry for that, I'll be more cautious about that ... It could happen that I post tweet that I should not do, but I will try to make the least mistake possible

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Probably the most irrelevant tweet of the year. Lol.

Who wins the Backup QB job? Josh Dobbs vs Mason Rudolph

Agree. It’s does get out of hand. Especially ones that are just random and clumped in a thread that doesn’t really pertain to the thread other than a players name. It’s very annoying. Start a new thread with some context and a source link.

Anything that is a response is totally out of context because the original tweet isn’t posted and the idea of the message board is to keep people here. Posting a link without a story or just a tweet pulls people away from the board and they may not return immediately...you’re basically sending people out the door and they may or may not find their way back.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

No worries..........that's what Twitter is......random crap. Not everything can be earth shattering but some are thought provoking.

Quitchernitpickin'.

Carry on with the annual bitching about about who made the roster and who did not.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Probably the most irrelevant tweet of the year. Lol.
    I think the Aditi Kinkhabwala tweet was relevant info.

Ben likes Dobbs in the QB room, so he gets to be one of the 52 kids. And he can pretend to be Lamar Jackson on scout team.

Ben likes Dobbs in the QB room, so he gets to be one of the 52 kids. And he can pretend to be Lamar Jackson on scout team.
    I responded to a Marcus Moser or whoever’s tweet.

Denver is actively seeking to trade or sign a backup QB...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It was just that Steelers depot had retweet this tweet

Sorry for that, I'll be more cautious about that ... It could happen that I post tweet that I should not do, but I will try to make the least mistake possible
    No worries. I just would rather hear what you and other posters are thinking than random Twitter folks. I value the thoughts of most on here more than the NFL Twitter verse.

No worries. I just would rather hear what you and other posters are thinking than random Twitter folks. I value the thoughts of most on here more than the NFL Twitter verse.
    It's fine ... I'll be careful

I believe the tweet of Aditi in post 370 was a good information, but not the tweet in post 371!

I responded to a Marcus Moser or whoever’s tweet.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody claim Hodges yet? I am curious to see if other teams saw what impressed some Steeler fans.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Seahawks only have Russell Wilson at QB. Really. WTF!?!

Roethlisberger is the oldest in the locker room, so that's probably why Colbert said that...And it's really not a big deal ... I often hear a media or player say like this kid when that person is much older than you.

Even Ramon Foster had said this kid in reference to JuJu or Devin Bush (I think) and we see that many time in the league that an older player or person say to a player that he is a kid, so I never understood why Colbert's comments this winter are a big deal even at one week before the season!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Seahawks only have Russell Wilson at QB. Really. WTF!?!
    Surely because Russell Wilson has always been healthy in his career! ... Never missed a start in the NFL! ... Pete Carroll is a little too confident about this! ... No seriously it's a little weird .... maybe it was just for manipulate their roster a bit and they will re sign Geno Smith tomorrow..We will see!

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody claim Hodges yet? I am curious to see if other teams saw what impressed some Steeler fans.
    Another similar situation is the #3 QB that got released in Minnesota. Everyone up this corner of the world is over the moon for this guy. Oddly enough no actual NFL folks care -- who knew?!

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/3...-to-trade-him/

The Broncos have found their backup QB....

Another similar situation is the #3 QB that got released in Minnesota. Everyone up this corner of the world is over the moon for this guy. Oddly enough no actual NFL folks care -- who knew?!

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/3...-to-trade-him/
    Maybe the Steelers will pick up this Kyle Sloter kid to put on the practice squad, so that he can be the preseason hero of 2020.

Anyways, good to see the Steelers now have a passer at the #2 QB spot.

Surely because Russell Wilson has always been healthy in his career! ... Never missed a start in the NFL! ... Pete Carroll is a little too confident about this! ... No seriously it's a little weird .... maybe it was just for manipulate their roster a bit and they will re sign Geno Smith tomorrow..We will see!
    Yeah,Geno Smith stay in Seattle...