Thread: The NFL is not planning to suspend Chiefs star WR Tyreek Hill

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The NFL is not planning to suspend Chiefs star WR Tyreek Hill

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The NFL is not planning to suspend Chiefs star WR Tyreek Hill

How convenient

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Same conclusion as the police I believe.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The NFL offices prove once more that they're a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

there's no consistency at all when it comes to what the NFL does and doesn't punish, or how severe the punishment is. Sometimes i feel like they have some kind of spinning wheel in goodell's office that's much like "The Price is Right" and they use that to figure out what punishment they should hand out.

I saw a funny comment on twitter today that may be true that if Alex Smith was still the QB of the Chiefs, Hill would have had a suspension of 6 games!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Same conclusion as the police I believe.
    Yep. But DA deciding not to prosecute did not work for Ben (who IMO deserved to be suspended) with Roger. Of course we all know Goodell makes it up as he goes along

Interesting point in a SI.com column on how the league office just wanted this to go away and could have gone after Hill if it was so inclined

But what about the audio recording, in which Hill can be heard telling the woman he plead guilty to abusing in a 2014 assault, “You need to be terrified of me, too, dumb b----”? This threat, which Hill has admitted he made, constitutes a violation of the personal conduct policy as it is written. The first item in the policy’s list of prohibited behaviors is “actual or threatened physical violence against another person.” Last year, Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith was suspended four games by the NFL for “evidence of threatening and emotional abusive behaviors … that showed a pattern of improper conduct."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/19/ty...nfl-suspension

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Didn’t the Chiefs claim at the start of all this they would cut Hill if any of it was true? From what I can tell at least a third or so of the allegations are true. Guess on field talent still trumps being a POS.

Im not surprised, but still.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Guess on field talent still trumps being a POS.
    Of course it does. The only thing that's important is winning... at almost any cost. The Raiders signed your problem child (I'm not real happy about it), Burfect and Cognito. Just win baby! I'm not thrilled with it, but winning puts everything else on the shelf. It remains to be seen if the Raiders start down the winning path, but there is no other reason those guys were signed. The Chiefs and Hill are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Didn’t the Chiefs claim at the start of all this they would cut Hill if any of it was true? From what I can tell at least a third or so of the allegations are true. Guess on field talent still trumps being a POS.

Im not surprised, but still.

Maybe not

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...the-long-haul/

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Of course it does. The only thing that's important is winning... at almost any cost. The Raiders signed your problem child (I'm not real happy about it), Burfect and Cognito. Just win baby! I'm not thrilled with it, but winning puts everything else on the shelf. It remains to be seen if the Raiders start down the winning path, but there is no other reason those guys were signed. The Chiefs and Hill are no different.
    I beg to differ. Over rated coach John Gruden has had a man crush on Burfect that would equal the one Madden had for Favre. We were forced to listen to his drivel in the broadcasting booth and how he felt Burfect was simply misunderstood. There is no defending what Burfect did to AB when he knocked him out cold. He was simply head hunting the whole game and AB was to easy of a target for him to pass up. I cheered my ass off when our Rookie WR knocked his ass to the ground and hurt his ego so bad he quit on his team and left the game. Gruden is the reason you are saddled with Burfect it has nothing to do with winning.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I beg to differ. Over rated coach John Gruden has had a man crush on Burfect that would equal the one Madden had for Favre. We were forced to listen to his drivel in the broadcasting booth and how he felt Burfect was simply misunderstood. There is no defending what Burfect did to AB when he knocked him out cold. He was simply head hunting the whole game and AB was to easy of a target for him to pass up. I cheered my ass off when our Rookie WR knocked his ass to the ground and hurt his ego so bad he quit on his team and left the game. Gruden is the reason you are saddled with Burfect it has nothing to do with winning.
    Of course he was head hunting... he's a POS. You can call Gruden over rated all you want, I might even agree with you. Your coach is maybe just a bit over rated too.... agree? Nah, of course not.

At any rate.... players are signed to win, regardless of their "human" qualities... or lack there of.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Of course he was head hunting... he's a POS. You can call Gruden over rated all you want, I might even agree with you. Your coach is maybe just a bit over rated too.... agree? Nah, of course not.

At any rate.... players are signed to win, regardless of their "human" qualities... or lack there of.
    At least Gruden and the Raiders are honest about it. Chiefs have wanted to have it both ways with Hunt and Hill.

Steelers have had their own share of hypocritical decisions on player management and discipline.

Just win baby!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep. But DA deciding not to prosecute did not work for Ben (who IMO deserved to be suspended) with Roger. Of course we all know Goodell makes it up as he goes along

Interesting point in a SI.com column on how the league office just wanted this to go away and could have gone after Hill if it was so inclined

But what about the audio recording, in which Hill can be heard telling the woman he plead guilty to abusing in a 2014 assault, “You need to be terrified of me, too, dumb b----”? This threat, which Hill has admitted he made, constitutes a violation of the personal conduct policy as it is written. The first item in the policy’s list of prohibited behaviors is “actual or threatened physical violence against another person.” Last year, Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith was suspended four games by the NFL for “evidence of threatening and emotional abusive behaviors … that showed a pattern of improper conduct."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/19/ty...nfl-suspension
    Since the records are currently confidential within the courts and even the police are unable to use the evidence to arrest Hill, the NFL has no grounds for a suspension under the "conduct" rule. The way I understand it is this case is in a 'state of limbo' for now. I'm not siding with hill or the police or the NFL. Just seems to me there's nothing anyone can do at this time. Maybe I'm misreading the situation.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

LOL How many fire Tomlin threads do we need? I won't beat around the bush when it comes to my coach. I would not call Tomlin over rated I would call him an under achiever, maybe in some sense of the word they mean the same thing but to me it's a bit different. I don't see the press tripping over themselves to put Mike in the Hall of Fame.

Now Gruden on the other hand is a coaching guru with the press, IMHO very much like Fisher before him. He may even turn into a great coach some day but up to this point I don't see it.

Most of the time players are brought in to help a team win, but...sometimes they are brought in to put butts in seats. It's a win win for the team in the fact that people are going to tune in to see either the train wreck or the turn around, it's all about the drama.

Hey in the end it's your team and maybe even the Raider way, guess I just see it differently than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    LOL How many fire Tomlin threads do we need? I won't beat around the bush when it comes to my coach. I would not call Tomlin over rated I would call him an under achiever, maybe in some sense of the word they mean the same thing but to me it's a bit different. I don't see the press tripping over themselves to put Mike in the Hall of Fame.

Now Gruden on the other hand is a coaching guru with the press, IMHO very much like Fisher before him. He may even turn into a great coach some day but up to this point I don't see it.

Most of the time players are brought in to help a team win, but...sometimes they are brought in to put butts in seats. It's a win win for the team in the fact that people are going to tune in to see either the train wreck or the turn around, it's all about the drama.

Hey in the end it's your team and maybe even the Raider way, guess I just see it differently than you.
    I agree that Gruden is a tad over rated.... he hasn't proven shit, yet. I didn't want him back, but I have no say in it, so...........I also agree that the players they've signed almost guarantee to put butts in the stands. Vegas needs to be a success.

I think you're right on with Tomlin being under achieving and not really so much over rated. So much talent over the years...... The Steelers are a good team.... they are in the hunt every year, so maybe this winning championships thing is hard, eh? It's not like they get almost 6 guaranteed wins a year like some other team we know.

At the very least, this upcoming season should prove interesting for both the Raiders and the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Authorities in Kansas refused to give NFL documents regarding Tyreek Hill case

Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2019

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eek-hill-case/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So basically the nfldidnt gave enough to suspend him...lol. Pathetic.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    there's no consistency at all when it comes to what the NFL does and doesn't punish, or how severe the punishment is. Sometimes i feel like they have some kind of spinning wheel in goodell's office that's much like "The Price is Right" and they use that to figure out what punishment they should hand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Not to defend the NFL but to defend the NFL, in each case, they have a different amount of information. If the police handed nothing over to the league in regards to Hill, how are they supposed to suspend him the same amount of time as say Jarran Reed who they may have had a lot more information on his case? The NFL doesn’t have to tell anyone or release any of the information and I’m sure the player and NFLPA would prefer it that way. Sure it makes the NFL look inconsistent in the public’s eye but they don’t owe anything to anyone as far as releasing information regarding each individual case...if they suspended a Steelers player with no police report or any information, this place would be outraged...

Having said that, I think there’s enough in the public’s eye for the Chiefs to do something as a team. Also, fuck the league.