Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which team should be more worried about Odell: Steelers or Browns?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Which team should be more worried about Odell: Steelers or Browns?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Which team should be more worried about Odell: Steelers or Browns?

Didn't watch the video because all of those guys have the insight of flea -- but I would figure it should be the team that lacks a DB that can cover the guy.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

id say the browns once he doesn't get his targets

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Didn't watch the video because all of those guys have the insight of flea -- but I would figure it should be the team that lacks a DB that can cover the guy.
    Yeah, Max Kellerman is an amazing boxing analyst, but other wise that whole panel and show is a "hot take" machine, that is designed to see how many sports fans they can get to take the cheese.

Maybe, but the steelers will play against the Browns only at the end of November, so the Browns will have time to implode before that!

I mean, if things are not going well early for the Browns, it could be very ugly .... Especially if Odell struggles or he has not got enough the ball, I do not know how a HC rookie will handle that ... Remember he was only an interim OC last year for the Browns after Todd Haley was fired ... His offense was great, but he had nothing to lose ... Now the Browns probably have maybe too high expectations, especially for a young team, so if they have adversity, how Odell, the Browns and their HC rookie will handle that? ... I do not know, but I know that Odell and Mayfield have reacted a little too much on the talk show like Colin Cowherd, so if they're too sensitive about Colin Cowherd's comments or others, it could be ugly very quickly

In his years with the Giants, Beckman has often been a problem ... I mean before at his only playoffs game of his life, what Beckman did during the week before the game was not good! Also even a 2 time super bowl winning head coach like Tom Coughlin lost control over Odell at the end of his tenure with the situation against Josh Norman in 2015!

If a disciplined coach like Coughlin can lose control over Odell, it's going to be a must see tv if he has a problem with the browns and their rookie HC!!!!

It could goes well for him and the browns, but I have some doubts, since Beckman has never managed adversity well .....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The guy may be an entitled jerk with emotional problems, but between the white lines for 60 minutes on Sunday -- he is a terror for opposing defenses. I shudder to think what he can do in a competent offense surrounded by other talented players and a QB without a giant fork sticking out of his back. Other than Barkley, the rest of the Giants offense was really bad and Eli can barely throw over 5 yards at an NFL level anymore. He certainly has a terrible deep ball at this point in his career. Not to mention that coaching staff is a mess.

So now, Beckham is on a team with other talented WRs, a toolsy TE, a stable of really good RBs, a competent offensive line, and a seemingly clever and inventive offensive minded coach. I will take "all signs point towards a return to the Pro Bowl" for $500, Alex.

Honestly, one on one, the Steelers have no one that can cover him. The only guy on the roster with the physical tools is Burnt Toastman.

I get that Beckham has to pull his head out of his ass and keep it there for any of this to work, but it certainly is setting up to be a situation where Mayfield and Beckham put up video game numbers. Who knows how much the Browns win...but that offense should shred.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

The team that tries to cover him with a lb'er.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Junior Member Array title="NickLin is an unknown quantity at this point">

Let's hope he's got a bad day against us, or one of our own has an exceptionally good day.
    I think these probiotics for IBS are a breakthrough in managing this problem.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The guy may be an entitled jerk with emotional problems, but between the white lines for 60 minutes on Sunday -- he is a terror for opposing defenses. I shudder to think what he can do in a competent offense surrounded by other talented players and a QB without a giant fork sticking out of his back. Other than Barkley, the rest of the Giants offense was really bad and Eli can barely throw over 5 yards at an NFL level anymore. He certainly has a terrible deep ball at this point in his career. Not to mention that coaching staff is a mess.

So now, Beckham is on a team with other talented WRs, a toolsy TE, a stable of really good RBs, a competent offensive line, and a seemingly clever and inventive offensive minded coach. I will take "all signs point towards a return to the Pro Bowl" for $500, Alex.

Honestly, one on one, the Steelers have no one that can cover him. The only guy on the roster with the physical tools is Burnt Toastman.

I get that Beckham has to pull his head out of his ass and keep it there for any of this to work, but it certainly is setting up to be a situation where Mayfield and Beckham put up video game numbers. Who knows how much the Browns win...but that offense should shred.
    Beckham also has the problem of catching a simple pass. He likes to make everything look spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

No doubt he is very talented, but if the Browns are not a have good start and they have adversity, how will the locker room react with their HC rookie if Odell is not happy because he does not have his numbers?...Especially with their young lockerroom,a team that have very high expectations?

It could be a big headache for the Browns, since Beckham has not proven that he can handle adversity well and he is very immature.

Also, Beckham has been great at his rookie season, but since that time he's been overrated ... Not at the level of Julio, Antonio, the WR of Houston that I forgot his name and other .... He can kill a lockerroom too, as Terrell Owens did in Philadelphia after the first sign of adversity .... The first season, it had been great for Terrell Owens and the Eagles, they only lost one game in the regular season in 2004 with TO healthy(it was in Pittsburgh by the way,and T.O was not a happy man with McNabb in the sideline!), but after their loss in the super bowl and during the 2005 season, it was so bad that Andy Reid was forced to suspend TO for the rest of the season.

And Odell will not be a headache for the steelers in the first 10 games, since the Browns are not in the schedule of the steelers ..... If the Browns implode because of Odell, it's going to be a must see TV, but if it's not the case, it's going to be a challenge of course for the steelers, but it will not be the only challenge of the steelers in their schedule.

It's also true that no one on the roster of the steelers can cover Odell one on one, but if Tomlin and Butler decide to do that, it's going to be the rock bottom for them ... I was very tough on Tomlin and Butler in the past, but I do not think our coaching staff is moron enough to put our corner on very bad situation, but of course, they have already put our slow ILB or OLB on a number one WR of the opposing team in the crucial situation, so unfortunately it's possible, but that's another story!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

There will likely be a honeymoon period, so definitely the Steelers in 2019 especially with question marks at the CB position

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

as we've seen, too many egos on a team is no good

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    as we've seen, too many egos on a team is no good
    And I do not remember seeing a team with so many high expectations, but they have not won anything together having a great season...When you've accomplished nothing yet (as no playoff berth yet), it's better to be under the radar.I would not be surprised if the AFC North title be decided in Baltimore in week 17 between the Steelers and the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Odell Beckham Jr. will lead the NFL in receiving yards and touchdown catches

Yes, I believe Beckham will thrive with Baker Mayfield and the Browns. I do not buy the notion that he was a problem in the locker room with the Giants. His teammates loved him. It was the coaches and administrators who had issues with Beckham.

And while that could certainly be the case in Cleveland, too, I think on-field success (assuming the Browns have it) would iron out a lot of the off-field temper issues Beckham had while doing all the losing he did in New York. Too much has been made this offseason of the aspects of Beckham that have nothing to do with his immense talent. We shouldn't forget how good this player is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...edictions-2022

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Odell Beckham Jr. will lead the NFL in receiving yards and touchdown catches

Yes, I believe Beckham will thrive with Baker Mayfield and the Browns. I do not buy the notion that he was a problem in the locker room with the Giants. His teammates loved him. It was the coaches and administrators who had issues with Beckham.

And while that could certainly be the case in Cleveland, too, I think on-field success (assuming the Browns have it) would iron out a lot of the off-field temper issues Beckham had while doing all the losing he did in New York. Too much has been made this offseason of the aspects of Beckham that have nothing to do with his immense talent. We shouldn't forget how good this player is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...edictions-2022
    Too much hype again!

Steelers Not Worried About Facing Browns, Odell Beckham

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

The Cleveland Browns added an elite wide receiver talent this offseason when general manager John Dorsey decided to pull the trigger on a deal to land Odell Beckham Jr. from the New York Giants, shifting the power in the AFC North.

However, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin doesn’t sound too worried about having to face OBJ and the high-powered Browns offense twice a season going forward.

“We see great players week in and week out. We have seen him before,” Tomlin told ESPN. “We have respect for his talent and the talents of everyone they have acquired. But it doesn’t change our agenda or focus.”

Beckham has faced the Steelers once in his career, collecting 10 catches on 16 targets for 100 yards in a 24-14 loss in 2016.

Beckham will likely be matched up with a former Brown in Joe Haden when the AFC North rivals go head to head. Haden spoke on the matchup earlier this offseason while attending a celebrity softball game in Cleveland.

read more

https://360ng.com.ng/steelers-not-wo...odell-beckham/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And I do not remember seeing a team with so many high expectations, but they have not won anything together having a great season...When you've accomplished nothing yet (as no playoff berth yet), it's better to be under the radar.I would not be surprised if the AFC North title be decided in Baltimore in week 17 between the Steelers and the Ravens.
    Eagles dream team. another overhyped team who hasn't established a winning culture, but is expected to be world beaters because of some high profile FA additions.

Eagles dream team. another overhyped team who hasn't established a winning culture, but is expected to be world beaters because of some high profile FA additions.
    And that cost Andy Reid's job!

I mean, before the dream team, the eagles had made the playoffs 3 years in a row and 9 times in 12 seasons under Andy Reid, even if they had not won the super bowl in the 2000s, the eagles were a team with a lot credibility, but even with an accomplished coach like Andy Reid, the expectations for eagles before the 2011 season were too much for them!

If it can happen to a team with one of the best coaches of the NFL, it could also happen to a team like the Browns especially with a rookie HC, young QB and a very young roster ...

And I think if they do not play well early (they have a tough first half schedule) the Browns could be a must see TV!

Calling Browns AFC North Favorites is Disrespectful to Ravens and Steelers

The Cleveland Browns turned their reputation around in the span of one calendar year.

General manager John Dorsey entered the fray, drafted quarterback Baker Mayfield and cornerback Denzel Ward in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft, and it truly paid dividends. After just missing out on the playoffs, Dorsey traded for wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and signed defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson to bolster both sides of the ball this offseason.

With many touting the Browns as 2019 AFC North Champions, it's time to pump the brakes, and remember the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens are in the same division.

read more

https://www.12up.com/posts/calling-b...s-01dg14zfaagc

The hype will kill the Browns.

On OBJ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Good answer Eli

Good answer Eli

Yeah they won a few games before he showed up... LIke the Super Bowl

against the 18-1 Patriots******

Yeah they won a few games before he showed up... LIke the Super Bowl

against the 18-1 Patriots******
    Like the Super Bowl....Twice!!!!

Like the Super Bowl....Twice!!!!
    I'm always gonna have a soft spot for the Giants and Eli for breaking the hearts of Patriots****** fans everywhere not just once, but twice.

The Manning family just seems to own him, Peyton is 3-1 against Brady in the AFCCG

and also make Terrell Owens cry!