Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Tomlin: Steelers Looking Forward To ‘Proving Some Doubters Wrong

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers Looking Forward To ‘Proving Some Doubters Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    oh i agree.
    but this guy never takes any blame
    it isnt absurd to ask him to take some responsibility or say to some changes will be made.
    i know i have heard other coaches do so.

i gotta go. granny says supper is done and i need to get upstairs

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin is angry for all the wrong reasons

Posted Jul 18, 2019

Mike Tomlin, who constantly reminds us the standard is the standard in Pittsburgh, should hold himself to that same standard. But the Steelers head coach never made good on all those trophy-case-filling fantasies ignited after a young Tomlin won his first Super Bowl in Feb. 2009.

to read rest of article:

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019...g-reasons.html

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin is angry for all the wrong reasons

Posted Jul 18, 2019

Mike Tomlin, who constantly reminds us the standard is the standard in Pittsburgh, should hold himself to that same standard. But the Steelers head coach never made good on all those trophy-case-filling fantasies ignited after a young Tomlin won his first Super Bowl in Feb. 2009.

to read rest of article:

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019...g-reasons.html
    So what was the author's point? He has the sads because his favorite team doesn't annually appear in and win the SB?

Guess he would've really loved how Cowher did that.

Also what NFL coach doesn't ride or die with a HOF caliber QB?

I just don't understand sports coverage that spends all it's space/time talking about feelings. I don't give a shit how anyone feels. I want to know what the team is going to do and how the roster is going to shake out.

All this article does is underscore how little access and information the author has. Additionally it demonstrates how the daily quest for content is just too much.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So what was the author's point? He has the sads because his favorite team doesn't annually appear in and win the SB?

Guess he would've really loved how Cowher did that.

Also what NFL coach doesn't ride or die with a HOF caliber QB?

I just don't understand sports coverage that spends all it's space/time talking about feelings. I don't give a shit how anyone feels. I want to know what the team is going to do and how the roster is going to shake out.

All this article does is underscore how little access and information the author has. Additionally it demonstrates how the daily quest for content is just too much.
    I agree with you

We can blame Tomlin on other things, but this article is ridiculous, since to win a super bowl is so hard (outside the patriots right now of course!) And sometimes you need luck at the right time too .. ..I have never been in the super bowl or bust mentality.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tim Benz: 1 stubborn stance about Steelers that Mike Tomlin must drop

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is still spinning the same yarn.

Circus? Distractions? There was never anything crazy about the Steelers locker room!

When speaking to ESPN last week, Tomlin made the following statement when asked if he expected a “calmer locker room” this year.

“I don’t know that our locker room wasn’t calm a year ago,” Tomlin responded. “The circus that was associated with being us — from time to time — attention that comes with it, there is a perception that there is a lack of calm. But I don’t know that there was a lack of calm within our group. The circus that surrounds our group can be described as that. But the group itself, these guys are professional.”

Then Tomlin went onto suggest that the coverage of the team was more chaotic than his team’s behavior itself.

“We have no control over the storylines,” Tomlin said. “We just prepare and play. And play to win.”

That has been the company line with the Steelers for a few years now.

read more

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...lin-must-drop/