Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin: Steelers Looking Forward To ‘Proving Some Doubters Wrong

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Tomlin: Steelers Looking Forward To ‘Proving Some Doubters Wrong

In case you somehow never noticed, there isn’t a lot that goes on in the football world between the end of minicamp and the start of training camp. This is the period of time in which many players and coaches go on vacation. They’re not out giving a lot of interviews and things like that, so it becomes rather difficult to drum up discussion. In turn, that also makes every bit of information that does come out more valuable.

Such as when Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin heads back to his local area for, among other things, some charity work. When he goes back down there, he’s always good to pop up for an interview or two, which is one of the very few times we hear from him during the offseason before Latrobe.

He recently spoke with WTKR News in Hampton, Virginia to answer some questions, largely about his charity work and being back in the area, but he also addressed the state of the Steelers, and how he’s approaching the future, toward the end of the interview.

“I’m excited about meeting the challenges of the year”, he said. “I like the questions surrounding us. I think our team does. We look forward to meeting them head-on and maybe proving some doubters wrong. Our agenda never changes. We’re trying to be world champions this year and we’ll aggressively pursue it”.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/mi...oubters-wrong/

munchy

Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers Looking Forward To ‘Proving Some Doubters Wrong

tomlin is an idiot. why does he say ignorant things like this? this is why he needs to go.
    he likes the fact that people are calling out him for his team being undisciplined, dysfunctional, underachievers, drama queens?
    doubters?.............you had the last 8 years to 'prove' something and you keep crapping the bed.....so the doubters were right.....you really like that tomlin?
    you are proud that your team is being questioned?...........seems like you should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    tomlin is an idiot. why does he say ignorant things like this? this is why he needs to go.
    he likes the fact that people are calling out him for his team being undisciplined, dysfunctional, underachievers, drama queens?
    doubters?.............you had the last 8 years to 'prove' something and you keep crapping the bed.....so the doubters were right.....you really like that tomlin?
    you are proud that your team is being questioned?...........seems like you should be ashamed and embarrassed.
    welcome back munchy, we have missed your never ending negativity.

just kidding, we haven't missed you at all...

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    welcome back munchy, we have missed your never ending negativity.

just kidding, we haven't missed you at all...
    well ive been living large lately and havent beed around much
    you must have missed me because my first post in awhile and there you are to reply...................im almost feel bad for you that im so in your head that you cant stand it.
    i cant wait for the season to start so i can really send you over the edge.............lol

fwiw. why dont you give me your perspective on coach tomlins comments...............enlighten me.
    tell me why i should feel great about his latest drivel

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I mean he could have committed seppuku. I feel that might have restored the honor of Steelers Fans. Cowher could have been his second. Make a nice little ceremony of it.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I mean he could have committed seppuku. I feel that might have restored the honor of Steelers Fans. Cowher could have been his second. Make a nice little ceremony of it.

that would be cool
    it would have me look for game tickets this year

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So Tomlin said that he is "excited to meet the challenges of the year". Somehow this is blasphemy?

Seems pretty consistent with the message of the past decade or so.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

fwiw. why dont you give me your perspective on coach tomlins comments...............enlighten me.
    I'm glad your grandma has been baking extra pies for you to enjoy while you're living in her basement.

as for Tomlin's comments, only a hater could see something wrong with the following comment:

“I’m excited about meeting the challenges of the year”, Tomlin said. “I like the questions surrounding us. I think our team does. We look forward to meeting them head-on and maybe proving some doubters wrong. Our agenda never changes. We’re trying to be world champions this year and we’ll aggressively pursue it”.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Just go away

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

“why does he say ignorant things like this? this is why he needs to go.”

This is exactly what I was thinking about you!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    “why does he say ignorant things like this? this is why he needs to go.”

This is exactly what I was thinking about you!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

you must have missed me because my first post in awhile and there you are to reply...................im almost feel bad for you that im so in your head that you cant stand it.
    i cant wait for the season to start so i can really send you over the edge.............lol

scratch offs starting to pay dividends, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I'm glad your grandma has been baking extra pies for you to enjoy while you're living in her basement.

as for Tomlin's comments, only a hater could see something wrong with the following comment:

“I’m excited about meeting the challenges of the year”, Tomlin said. “I like the questions surrounding us. I think our team does. We look forward to meeting them head-on and maybe proving some doubters wrong. Our agenda never changes. We’re trying to be world champions this year and we’ll aggressively pursue it”.

duh. this team has been the laughing stock of the league and you think tomlin saying he likes it and the team likes it smart?

hmm, id like to ask any of the players if they liked being laughed at and talked about on every media outlet for month after month

fwi, its nice outside. you really should go out an play a little. you sitting on the computer non-stop waiting for my to reply to a topic is kinda pathetic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    scratch offs starting to pay dividends, eh?

i dont play them but my 401k and 457 sure are tho.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ok. I'll bite. In your esteemed and clearly well thought out opinion -- what should Tomlin have said?

Many around the league are questioning whether the 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers can mount a serious playoff run. How would you respond to those question, Coach Munchy?

Also no way do I believe that you are old enough to be living off the dividends of your 401K or 457.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So Tomlin said that he is "excited to meet the challenges of the year". Somehow this is blasphemy?

Seems pretty consistent with the message of the past decade or so.

yup, and every year he fails but you guys eat up his yearly comment and sing his praises...........

I know that the steelers had a major problem with the drama in the last 2 years and the locker room was very toxic and they imploded ... But the laughing stock of the NFL?

No, it was embarrassing, but the drama was only a major problem for 3 years maximun ... before that it was not a problem and now that the players who were one of the big reasons for his problems are gone, so we can have hope that his problems are things of the past ... It remains to prove, but I have hope.

For the laughing stock of the NFL ... I think these are the Giants ..... Awful GM who not knows how to judge talent of his team and so many other problem on and off the field ... It's sad to see for Eli Manning ... He does not deserve that .... The steelers are not close to that .... The New York Jets under Rex Ryan was a true circus too!

yup, and every year he fails but you guys eat up his yearly comment and sing his praises...........

munchy

Ok. I'll bite. In your esteemed and clearly well thought out opinion -- what should Tomlin have said?

Many around the league are questioning whether the 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers can mount a serious playoff run. How would you respond to those question, Coach Munchy?
    well, something like. last year was a huge disappointment. to be 7-3-1 and finish 9-6-1 and out of the playoffs in unacceptable. we were undisciplined on and off the field. we were not in the correct mental state of mind. we have an entitled mentality. we werent a team. we had too many players that were concerned about themselves and not the good of the team. i take responsibility for that.
    i am the one who needs to set the tone and i have plans to do so. it starts with me

i understand why we are being questioned. we deserve to be questioned. stating an idiotic quip that i usually do, 'we made our bed and now we have to lie in it'. we can talk all we want to but have to prove it on the field to get people to change the way the feel about the steelers.
    as far as this year goes, we have a roster loaded with talent. a roster that is capable of winning the super bowl. with the proper attitude from top down, we can get it done.

of course tomlin would never say these things because he refuses to take any blame.

well, something like. last year was a huge disappointment. to be 7-3-1 and finish 9-6-1 and out of the playoffs in unacceptable. we were undisciplined on and off the field. we were not in the correct mental state of mind. we have an entitled mentality. we werent a team. we had too many players that were concerned about themselves and not the good of the team. i take responsibility for that.
    i am the one who needs to set the tone and i have plans to do so. it starts with me

i understand why we are being questioned. we deserve to be questioned. stating an idiotic quip that i usually do, 'we made our bed and now we have to lie in it'. we can talk all we want to but have to prove it on the field to get people to change the way the feel about the steelers.
    as far as this year goes, we have a roster loaded with talent. a roster that is capable of winning the super bowl. with the proper attitude from top down, we can get it done.

of course tomlin would never say these things because he refuses to take any blame.
    So basically something no coach in any sport has ever said? Thought so. I guess the above might make you or I feel better but is just almost without precedence in modern sports talk by coaches. Too many lines that out of context would explode the Twitter verse.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This is just talk. This talk needs to translate to the field

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I know that the steelers had a major problem with the drama in the last 2 years and the locker room was very toxic and they imploded ... But the laughing stock of the NFL?

No, it was embarrassing, but the drama was only a major problem for 3 years maximun ... before that it was not a problem and now that the players who were one of the big reasons for his problems are gone, so we can have hope that his problems are things of the past ... It remains to prove, but I have hope.

For the laughing stock of the NFL ... I think these are the Giants ..... Awful GM who not knows how to judge talent of his team and so many other problem on and off the field ... It's sad to see for Eli Manning ... He does not deserve that .... The steelers are not close to that .... The New York Jets under Rex Ryan was a true circus too!

3 years is along time to be dysfunction unless you are one of the slugs of the nfl

we were blasted on tv, radio, and internet for months and months.
    former players, current players, former nfl coaches, current steeler players, and every talking head were discussing way more than AB acting up. they were talking about how he was alowed to.
    i cant recall anyone sitting in a bar and saying anything more than 'the giants suck'
    we sure had more to say than that about the steelers recently
    i expect a totally different attitude this year and i think it will translate into more wins.
    the issue i have is how many season tomlin has pissed away mostly because of team mentality

So basically something no coach in any sport has ever said? Thought so. I guess the above might make you or I feel better but is just almost without precedence in modern sports talk by coaches. Too many lines that out of context would explode the Twitter verse.
    The only thing in that I've already heard an HC say it's,I take responsibility for that, it starts with me, or I need to do a better job(Andy Reid).

But yeah outside of that, even if it's the right thing to do, the HCs are so boring to hear (outside of Rex Ryan, but that was one of the big reasons why the Jets and even the Bills were a circus with him!)

munchy

oh i agree.
    but this guy never takes any blame
    it isnt absurd to ask him to take some responsibility or say to some changes will be made.
    i know i have heard other coaches do so.

i gotta go. granny says supper is done and i need to get upstairs

3 years is along time to be dysfunction unless you are one of the slugs of the nfl

we were blasted on tv, radio, and internet for months and months.
    former players, current players, former nfl coaches, current steeler players, and every talking head were discussing way more than AB acting up. they were talking about how he was alowed to.
    i cant recall anyone sitting in a bar and saying anything more than 'the giants suck'
    we sure had more to say than that about the steelers recently
    i expect a totally different attitude this year and i think it will translate into more wins.
    the issue i have is how many season tomlin has pissed away mostly because of team mentality
    https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-g...building-limbo

oh i agree.
    but this guy never takes any blame

i gotta go. granny says supper is done and i need to get upstairs
    once again, you're wrong.

did granny make your favorite chicken tenders and tater tots for supper?

Mike Tomlin takes blame for call that resulted in Ben Roethlisberger's injury

Jan 10, 2017
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...sberger-injury
    Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; 07-16-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

i dont play them but my 401k and 457 sure are tho.
    Bonjour

I also hope that the Doubters are wrong on Danny Smith!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bonjour

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

New England is right there waiting for them Week 1. Let’s see good the 2019 Steelers really are.