Thread: Blasts from the Past

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Blasts from the Past

Post your favorites here!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: Blasts from the Past

Wow Sue that's a DAMN fine list you have there.

This is the one that lead me to a Universe, and became the most iconic play in NFL history.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

This is quite possibly my favorite all time regular season game.

Warning: This video contains highlights that may not be suitable for fans who do not like Ben, Santonio and James Harrison.

Last edited by Butch; 07-01-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Warning: This video contains highlights that may not be suitable for fans who do not like Ben, Santonio and James Harrison.

I was at that game. Was awesome watching them shred the Ravens and I watched my best friend get soaked cuz he didn't think he'd need a jacket. He finally went a purchased one of those cheap rain panchos...Nothing like a prime time game at Heinz field, especially against the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

NFL Network is showing the Ravens at Steelers game from 2017. Brown and Ben were so good together...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    NFL Network is showing the Ravens at Steelers game from 2017. Brown and Ben were so good together...
    Yeah, still pisses me off how it all went down. Those two could have been in the running for best wr/qb combo ever.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Wow Sue that's a DAMN fine list you have there.

This is the one that lead me to a Universe, and became the most iconic play in NFL history.

How much security do you have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Real football!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

mild mannered Franco gets pissed off and tells Terry to give him the damn ball:

- - - Updated - - -

Greg Lloyd making NBC sweat but notice the big ass grin on Mr. Rooney's face after the F bomb .

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

All-time classic.

Junior Member Array title="TRASHMAN is a jewel in the rough">

They shot me in Denver.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

All-time classic.
    I miss 70's football.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I miss 70's football.
    AMEN!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRASHMAN View Post
    They shot me in Denver.

I love Joey Porter. He makes it sound as if the Broncos themselves shot him.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I love the music. I expect Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, and Clint Eastwood to come out of that tunnel, all looking for vengeance that the law just can’t provide.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I love the music. I expect Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, and Clint Eastwood to come out of that tunnel, all looking for vengeance that the law just can’t provide.
    You bring up a good point. We really were surrounded by classic music growing up as kids. From Bugs Bunny and other cartoons introducing it to us to the NFL adding it to their highlights. We couldn't help but have a passion for the sport.

Question: what is smoother than butter?
    Answer: John Facenda

You bring up a good point. We really were surrounded by classic music growing up as kids. From Bugs Bunny and other cartoons introducing it to us to the NFL adding it to their highlights. We couldn't help but have a passion for the sport.

Question: what is smoother than butter?
    Answer: John Facenda
    What’s funny is that Facenda sounds like he recorded this one in an indoor pool or something. The acoustics sound way off and not the normal NFL Films quality.

No matter. He was “The Voice.” I’ll take his narration any day, regardless of quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    What’s funny is that Facenda sounds like he recorded this one in an indoor pool or something. The acoustics sound way off and not the normal NFL Films quality.

No matter. He was “The Voice.” I’ll take his narration any day, regardless of quality.

Actually it just sounds like someone recorded it off of their TV and re uploaded it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I’m going down the rabbit hole on 70s Steelers videos. Like this one:

https://youtu.be/UIzaAbuTKa0

But it’s interesting to see that even the 78 Steelers didn’t just dominate everyone. And there was sometimes some luck involved.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

1995 Steelers @ Bengals.

Steelers rally from a 31-13 deficit. Slash goes off on the Bengals in the second half.

http://<iframe width="560" height="3...reen></iframe>

The Reply

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It was the most perfect game (especially in the regular season) that I saw the steelers played in my life

Ben had been at this time the first QB ever to have 5 TD passes in the first half and he was not even the best player on his team this night! ... James Harrison was

Probably the most embarrassing game of the first ballot career HOF Ed Reed too ... Fumble as punt returner after a big hit for James Harrison and this play

It was also the game that the steelers celebrated their 75th anniversary .... Even Terry Bradshaw was there!!!

The Ravens offense had more turnovers(6) that first down(5) in this game...Ray Lewis was not happy about his offense after this game!

The ravens was 4-3 before this game and finish the season at 5-11.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar