Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy Or Sell: Arthur Moats Would Be Steelers’ 2nd-Best OLB On Current Roster

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Buy Or Sell: Arthur Moats Would Be Steelers’ 2nd-Best OLB On Current Roster

Topic Statement: Former player Arthur Moats would be the second-best outside linebacker on this roster.

Explanation: Arthur Moats, recently retired, spent a good portion of his career with the Steelers, most recently playing for them in 2017. He originally signed a one-year contract before re-upping on a three-year deal, and he spent a mixture of that time starting, and producing when given the opportunity. T.J. Watt is obviously the team’s best outside linebacker, but while Bud Dupree is obviously viewed as the number two, the team even clearly has doubts about his future.

This statement is considering Moats as he last played for the Steelers, circa 2017, and not Moats of today, in retirement, following an injury that ended his 2018 season before it began.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/06/bu...urrent-roster/

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Buy Or Sell: Arthur Moats Would Be Steelers’ 2nd-Best OLB On Current Roster

Not buying.

As disappointing as Bud has been, he still provides more in the speed and strength categories.

The only area Moats might still be better in is “game smarts.”

munchy

not buying
    i would give the slight edge to dupree, stats wise, even tho it would be interesting to see what moats numbers would be if he played the same amount of snaps as Dud
    this year will be a true decider if you are factoring in cost/production

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Moats was just a backup level player, so not buying

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

sell, Moats was never that good.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Dupree is the better player.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

come on man. i like moats but no. hes not even as good as chickillo

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Nothing to blog about huh?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Dupree sucks, but Moats could not really play at all by the end of his time here, and he's a couple years removed even from THAT. So no to that.

Moats in his first year here? Probably as good as Dupree. I wouldn't call that second-best on the team, though - that will probably go to one of the young guys if they get significant playing time.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Nothing to blog about huh?
    no kidding, Matthew Marczi is getting desperate about material when he brings up Arthur Moats?

too bad he's not here to argue 10 pages about it...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    no kidding, Matthew Marczi is getting desperate about material when he brings up Arthur Moats?

too bad he's not here to argue 10 pages about it...
    DON’T CALL ME MATTHEW!!! I AM DODENS GRAV!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    DON’T CALL ME MATTHEW!!! I AM DODENS GRAV!!!
    AND IF YOU CALL HIM DODENS GRAV...

DON’T CALL ME DODENS GRAV!!! I AM MATTHEW!!!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Just remember, the season is just a short 11 weeks away......so we have a whole bunch of things to bitch about between now and then.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

AND IF YOU CALL HIM DODENS GRAV...

DON’T CALL ME DODENS GRAV!!! I AM MATTHEW!!!
    Matthew... Dodens... either way. As long as it’s in ALL CAPS!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Matthew... Dodens... either way. As long as it’s in ALL CAPS!!!!!

He sounds like a really approachable guy that would be a ton of fun to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He sounds like a really approachable guy that would be a ton of fun to talk to.

Let’s put it this way...

I’d rather post in threads with TAPES18N1...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Shit cracks me up. Love Moats.....but on the roster now. Stop posting this stuff......just because you can.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Shit cracks me up. Love Moats.....but on the roster now. Stop posting this stuff......just because you can.......
    and Matthew "DODENS GRAV" Marczi....

PLEASE STOP WRITING THIS STUFF!!!

Let’s put it this way...

That's quite an indictment. After all, it's pretty hard to dethrone a guy that likes Hitler!

If you're online long enough, you can't avoid running into people like that from time to time.

Thank goodness he isn't here and has found his true calling somewhere else.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

You can pretty much insert any average OLB into the roster to be the 2nd best on the team.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That's quite an indictment. After all, it's pretty hard to dethrone a guy that likes Hitler!

If you're online long enough, you can't avoid running into people like that from time to time.

Thank goodness he isn't here and has found his true calling somewhere else.
    Here’s the thing:

TAPES18N1 is a freaking Nazi. Like 100%. He loved Hitler. But... until he exposed that awful, awful secret, he was actually funny & added a lot to the board.

Dodens Grav was oppositional & argumentative with every post he made. Every. Single. Post.

SUMMATION:
    TAPES18N1 is that supermodel girlfriend who bought you tickets to football games. But then, she cheated on you... with you dad.

Dodens Grav is that girl who you took on one date, and the entire time, she complained about everything. Then, she leaves you 5 derision-laced voicemails every day wondering why you are avoiding her.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Here’s the thing:

TAPES18N1 is a freaking Nazi. Like 100%. He loved Hitler. But... until he exposed that awful, awful secret, he was actually funny & added a lot to the board.

Dodens Grav was oppositional & argumentative with every post he made. Every. Single. Post.

SUMMATION:
    TAPES18N1 is that supermodel girlfriend who bought you tickets to football games. But then, she cheated on you... with you dad.

Dodens Grav is that girl who you took on one date, and the entire time, she complained about everything. Then, she leaves you 5 derision-laced voicemails every day wondering why you are avoiding her.
    I may be the most clueless person in the world, but can someone fill me in here? I don't think I've ever been absent from this place for too long, except a couple months while I was trying to avoid learning the result of the Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl - but I never heard about anything like THAT. I must be completely dense, unless it happened in, like, the tailgating forum or something where I don't go very often.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I may be the most clueless person in the world, but can someone fill me in here? I don't think I've ever been absent from this place for too long, except a couple months while I was trying to avoid learning the result of the Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl - but I never heard about anything like THAT. I must be completely dense, unless it happened in, like, the tailgating forum or something where I don't go very often.
    Sorry for the confusion.

This is is a carry-over from Steelers Fever.

Sorry for the confusion.

Yep. I think I saw some of his posts before he checked out, but I never had the pleasure of a personal encounter with him that I can remember.

Ahhhhhhh…...great memories. That place was awesome while it lasted.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I will BUY. Reason: Because for this to happen the OLB corps has been completely decimated by injury and Moats has been called out of retirement. So probably, yes.

Sorry for the confusion.

I was there too until that place collapsed. The guy's name sounds vaguely familiar, but I really have no idea. Oh well.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Let’s put it this way...

who was the guy there who physically threatened you?

who was the guy there who physically threatened you?
    Scrotus

“Scott Curtis” had basically insinuated that he’d rape Lady Steel, and I replied (for the first & only time) in a less-than-civil manner. Scrotus then promised me a “vacation from walking”.

Well, it has been seven years... and he still hasn’t taken me on a vacation. I keep thinking he’ll carry me around on his back, like Yoda. Or, maybe we’ll visit a lazy river. Something along those lines... you know: a very relaxing (walk free) vacation.

Scrotus

“Scott Curtis” had basically insinuated that he’d rape Lady Steel, and I replied (for the first & only time) in a less-than-civil manner. Scrotus then promised me a “vacation from walking”.

Well, it has been seven years... and he still hasn’t taken me on a vacation. I keep thinking he’ll carry me around on his back, like Yoda. Or, maybe we’ll visit a lazy river. Something along those lines... you know: a very relaxing (walk free) vacation.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Moats couldn't surround a castle if he tried.